United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:18 AM
Time For Heroes

The best thing about winning yesterday is that the pressure is off now. If we had lost then every other cup or league game would have been a must win, the players might have been slightly deflated (not case I imagine as he is indestructible in his confidence). Now we have a trophy, top 4 will take care of itself. We are much better than Spurs, Newcastle will limp along and the others are far enough behind that we don't have to really worry about them.

We can go into the other cups now, full of confidence and if, just if, those other two above us in the league slip up then, who knows...?

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:32 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
The best thing about winning yesterday is that the pressure is off now. If we had lost then every other cup or league game would have been a must win, the players might have been slightly deflated (not case I imagine as he is indestructible in his confidence). Now we have a trophy, top 4 will take care of itself. We are much better than Spurs, Newcastle will limp along and the others are far enough behind that we don't have to really worry about them.

We can go into the other cups now, full of confidence and if, just if, those other two above us in the league slip up then, who knows...?
Feel this myself. Someone mentioned the weight being lifted - this is true for both players and fans. I was so tense the past three games, but now feel a bit more relaxed that ETH has been vindicated already and anything else we get this season is a great bonus.

Thankfully Erik doesn't think quite like me and will be still plugged in to win every game

Perfect season if Liverpool have to play in that conference league monstrosity, which I think is likely. Be even better than no Europe.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:34 AM
magic_cantona

Going to Liverpool and winning to top it all off?

Nah, won't happen. No way.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:46 AM
Danoli

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
its a great day today. It feels like 1990 when Fergie won his first trophy.
I really believe we will win at least one other trophy this season

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes

This is exactly how I feel

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:51 AM
Drexl

"woke up this morning feeling fine..."

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:55 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
I really believe we will win at least one other trophy this season

This is exactly how I feel
Exactly it. Getting that albatross off our necks is huge so early into 10’ers tenure.

It vindicates everything - manager, players, back room, supporters and unfortunately even the glazers.

Be very surprised if we don’t push on and bag something else. We’ve certainly got more of more success now.

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:09 PM
MagnificentSeven

like people have said, the league cup gets a rep for not being the most prestigious trophy. all those times city won it and we'd just shrug it off.

but it's more about the statement than the actual prestige of the trophy. the fact is, we are once again lifting silverware, during a period when we have a team with a real sense of self-belief. it could well be the moment we look back on as the beginning of it all.

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:11 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
like people have said, the league cup gets a rep for not being the most prestigious trophy. all those times city won it and we'd just shrug it off.

but it's more about the statement than the actual prestige of the trophy. the fact is, we are once again lifting silverware, during a period when we have a team with a real sense of self-belief. it could well be the moment we look back on as the beginning of it all.
Correct imo.

Both us and the geordies needed this win to show the world and ourselves where we are.

And we smashed the ballbags

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:19 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Correct imo.

Both us and the geordies needed this win to show the world and ourselves where we are.

And we smashed the %@#$&!s
two teams who both really have something to prove right now. probably the two most talked about sides in the country.

and as people have said, this really takes pressure off ten hag. constant questions about how this proven trophy winner really has what it takes to win anything at united and how the premier league is a different beast to the eredivisie. well there's your first trophy, and it's his first attempt at winning one too.

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:20 PM
Sparky***

I think we need to give the trophy back because Newcastle fans are very disappointed that our fans didn't behave like giddy tossers the entire weekend.

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:26 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
two teams who both really have something to prove right now. probably the two most talked about sides in the country.

and as people have said, this really takes pressure off ten hag. constant questions about how this proven trophy winner really has what it takes to win anything at united and how the premier league is a different beast to the eredivisie. well there's your first trophy, and it's his first attempt at winning one too.
I bet Ten Hag isn't even arsed.

No chance of him getting a Caraboa Cup Winner's tattoo

Bet he went home and cracked his knuckles and went: righscht. Sunday (zondag)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I think we need to give the trophy back because Newcastle fans are very disappointed that our fans didn't behave like giddy tossers the entire weekend.
https://twitter.com/Im_RobM/status/1...232003584?s=20

The poster clearly didn't see their team climbing up the steps to collect their runner's up medal, flanked by 16 people

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:34 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
their fanbase is in a similar vein to leeds and city.

"at least we have pashun so who are the real winners, eh manure?"

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:39 PM
Drexl

One thing I will say about the geordies:

only city I've ever been in where they only have one team

When they are on it, it is a fantastic place to be. EVERYONE is involved. Pubs bedecked in black and white. Balck and white everywhere

I was there when keegan got them promoted, crowds, people hanging off the street lights, and I've never seen anything like it (bar the bus route when we got the treble)

Unread 27-02-2023, 12:47 PM
Danoli

Quote:
That’s their comfort blanket in defeat…they tell each other and whoever else will listen, ”.we are great and loyal fans, unlike you”

It’s a loser’s mentality. It helps them get through endless defeats and disappointments. It’s like the away fans that come to OT and sing to 70,000 of us that we are the worst support they have ever seen.

Quote:

When they are on it, it is a fantastic place to be. EVERYONE is involved. Pubs bedecked in black and white. Balck and white everywhere

I was there when keegan got them promoted, crowds, people hanging off the street lights, and I've never seen anything like it (bar the bus route when we got the treble)
Before Keegan came they couldn’t fill half their ground….£#%&! them

Unread 27-02-2023, 01:02 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
nothing about that game gave me as much as pleasure as being able to say to little miss jem (minim), "that's your boyfriend, that is."

top daddin

Unread 27-02-2023, 01:05 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Quote:
I see that lie about Utd fans leaving before the trophy after every final I've been to and I've never seen any evidence of it with my own eyes.

Its weird that it seems to be part of the ritual for our beaten opponents fans to spread it.

Unread 27-02-2023, 01:08 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

They’re glory hunters

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...paign=sharebar

Like the same ones that started buying up half season tickets as soon as they got sold to the Saudis.

Unread 27-02-2023, 01:46 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selhurst Samurai
I see that lie about Utd fans leaving before the trophy after every final I've been to and I've never seen any evidence of it with my own eyes.

Its weird that it seems to be part of the ritual for our beaten opponents fans to spread it.
All I've seen online is that we had no fans around as they didn't see any with tops on around London, that's because most of us are grown ups and not children. We also never turned up to the ground until 5 mins before kick off, that's because we go to pubs and have a drink like normal folk, we have %@#$&!sed ourselves out by dancing in fountains all night beforehand.

Apparently we only have two songs too, one about Shearer and one about the Glazers.

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:01 PM
believe

We can soon fix that with that AI chat thing

Manchester united been a team
Since 1878
We followed them to Old Trafford
And now we follow them wherever they go
They rule the roost, we all know

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:12 PM
Vedder

Closed Thread