Closed Thread

Unread 26-02-2023, 10:01 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
Dude. We love u as u are.

Saying that: your tea cup lifting forearms are a bit big

But we love u anyway
😃 all good, we won the carabou (who the £#%&! are they) cup.

On the way to winning everything.

ETH..... £#%&!ing greatest appointment ever.

happy as £#%&!!

Unread 26-02-2023, 10:05 PM
Pop

There's been more hype surrounding the Carabao Cup and Europa League this week than there has been in years.

U-£#%&!ing-nited!

Unread 26-02-2023, 10:13 PM
Drexl

Hope it gets upgraded to the hubba bubba cup imho

I feel a bit delirious tbh

Enjoy8ng it

What a win. Barca, this...

What a time to be alive

Unread 26-02-2023, 10:20 PM
Selhurst Samurai

Slightly surprised to get a little welling up (la) going on when the lads were lifting the trophy. They’ve done so much to put my faith back in United this season that I was desperate for them to have that celebrate their own efforts. They’ve been £#%&!ing fantastic this season.

Looking in from the outside, it looks like Erik has that sort of father figure image amongst the players that Fergie used to have. Getting his groove on with Antony and Martinez like a proud dad. Stick with me lads, and we’ll be right as rain.

And there’s not a single player out there who hasn’t deserved this. The new lads who’ve raised levels, the underachievers who have stepped up to the challenge and even the openly maligned players who have got kicking after kicking and kept coming back for more.

I’m not a fan of Maguire, never will be, despite his top Red blanking of that £#%&!ing Glazer rat. But if walking away with (at least one) winners medal means he can hold his head up high then good on him.

United

Unread 26-02-2023, 10:26 PM
BarryX

Another good thing that's come out in the aftermath of a really good win, is that I'm not longer going to confuse Carabao and Haribo.

Unread 26-02-2023, 10:31 PM
History

Better feeling than anything Mourinho did

Better than that 3 week period where Van Gaal successfully utilised Fellani's chest

Only would of been topped by Ole winning the Europoh but blessing in disguise in the long run allowing the Bald to come in earlier.

Unread 26-02-2023, 10:54 PM
AK14

Buzzing

Watching my lad kick every ball and screaming at the final whistle, singing the Ten Hag chant () as tenners lifted the cup has been pretty special. Seeing what it meant to him brought it all back

He’s sleeping in his rashers shirt tonight ffs

United

Unread 27-02-2023, 01:45 AM
tatty

Over the moon.

And even better is the thought that in a few years time today will have been forgotten.

Unread 27-02-2023, 02:23 AM
pc6090

It proper felt like we have s team to match our big club status. I hope it also completely derails the Geordie lottery winners and the fall away back to levels they deserve

Unread 27-02-2023, 03:53 AM
shenwen

Means a lot. First season with Erick and a trophy in the bag. Wining mentality confirmed. This team is going somewhere.

Unread 27-02-2023, 04:12 AM
Denis Irwell

A lot to do yet but never, ever imagined we’d have a trophy in the bag in just over 6 months and in with a shout of another three.

Erik… what a guy

Desperately need to be rid of the disease that is the Glazers and we can really progress. I’m sure we will anyway now we’ve got football people recruiting instead of accountants.

Unread 27-02-2023, 06:30 AM
Arnold Muhren

Love it. My wife thinks my love for Big Cass and Martinez is bordering on weird for a straight bloke who turns 50 this year. Love this team, manager and club

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:28 AM
Dr Stranger

As simple as it sounds, just genuinely delighted and happy for us.

I was nervous as hell yesterday. Not because I didn’t think we’d do it. We’re the better team. I just want this lot to experience anything other than a final win. Nothing else would be befitting of the progress of this team.

I thought we handled it brilliantly. It was a typical final in the sense that it wasn’t about a great performance, but doing what you need to to win.

The fact we did that relatively comfortably against a very good team is testament to the mentality we’re seeing with this group.

We’ve added quality - Casemiro, Varane, Martinez. We’ve elevated existing players - shaw, Awb, Rashford….but the most remarkable aspect of this lot is just how much that mentality has changed in six months. They’ve gone from a bunch of spoiled, spineless misfits to a team with genuine belief and ruthlessness.

We absolutely slammed the door in Newcastle’s face yesterday. From the moment we got in front, we didn’t give them a sniff. This United team has been far too easy to play against for years. Not anymore. They look like winners who are desperate to play for the club and have a hunger to succeed.

And that is all down to the magnificent Erik Ten Hag. What an appointment and what a coach. He is the one. Nqat.

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:48 AM
Coracao

Back level with the Vermin on the trophy count.

Hopefully 10HAG nudges is back in front come the end of the season.

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:50 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Back level with the Vermin on the trophy count.

Hopefully 10HAG nudges is back in front come the end of the season.
Is that right?! Thought they were a good 3 or 4 ahead of us after recent years. Or are the #@&%!s including charity shields and Bangkok cup wins?

Unread 27-02-2023, 10:51 AM
Seamus

its a great day today. It feels like 1990 when Fergie won his first trophy.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:00 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
There's been more hype surrounding the Carabao Cup and Europa League this week than there has been in years.

U-£#%&!ing-nited!
Rest assured, Arsenal can win the league and Ciddy the CL but the highlights reel and focus at the end of the season will be the resurgence of MUFC.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:02 AM
Finport Red

Yesterday was great, start to finish.

Today it feels like it marked the beginning of a new golden era, much like the fa cup in 1990.

We have a team with a lot of leaders in it, with those who know and want to win. Every time.

And what can be said about ETH? He’s the one, NQAT.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:03 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Is that right?! Thought they were a good 3 or 4 ahead of us after recent years. Or are the #@&%!heads including charity shields and Bangkok cup wins?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverp...and_statistics

I was just going off this. Though it does include Charity Shields, which we are 5 ahead.

Unread 27-02-2023, 11:08 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liverp...and_statistics

I was just going off this. Though it does include Charity Shields, which we are 5 ahead.
Then charity shields are fine 👍
Closed Thread