United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:49 PM
magic_cantona

Default I'm more worried about Sparky's reception

than Ronaldo's.

A genuine legend, an idol is coming back as manager of City.

What do you reckon? 'Hughsie, Hughsie' or 'boooooooooooooooooo'?

I'd hate him to get any kind of non light-hearted stick.The thought makes me feel ill.As does the thought of him being City's manager.

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:51 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
than Ronaldo's.

A genuine legend, an idol is coming back as manager of City.

What do you reckon? 'Hughsie, Hughsie' or 'boooooooooooooooooo'?

I'd hate him to get any kind of non light-hearted stick.The thought makes me feel ill.As does the thought of him being City's manager.
he's crossed the line Magic....he gets whatever is coming to him

don't think I will ever think of him being as big a @#%&! as that @#%&! Schmeichel, but then again.....

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:53 PM
The Return of JC

We're gonna look great this season aren't we? Booing our own players, booing ex legends...

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
naes_sean

worried about Hughes reception? Shit, i've got better things to worry about. For example: My pen. I put it on my desk when I got up and now it's gone. Where the £#%&! did it go and who took it?

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by naes_sean
worried about Hughes reception? Shit, i've got better things to worry about. For example: My pen. I put it on my desk when I got up and now it's gone. Where the £#%&! did it go and who took it?
Chelsea?

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:57 PM
Ginners

definite boo, he's not even a legend anyway. chelsea @#%&!. how he reacted when we won the champions league showed his true colours.

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:57 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Chelsea?
those £#%&!ing bastards!

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:58 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
definite boo, he's not even a legend anyway. chelsea @#%&!. how he reacted when we won the champions league showed his true colours.

Enlighten me

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:58 PM
Wez

Quote:
That shocked me to be honest

Unread 04-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC

Enlighten me
he was on itv, he looked absolutely gutted. was also saying he wanted chelsea to win and all sorts.

hardly acted like a utd legend

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:00 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
confirmed...when I got back from Moscow I watched the game that had been recorded on ITV, Hughes was absolutely sick we had won the European Cup

maybe he knew where he was heading then

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:00 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
he was on itv, he looked absolutely gutted. was also saying he wanted chelsea to win and all sorts.

hardly acted like a utd legend
Didn't hear/see that.

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Bral

I remember Andy Cole getting a good reception on his return to OT for City. Denis Law doesn't get booed...

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Didn't hear/see that.
trying to find a youtube clip, i cant really remember anything word for word, but definintely left a lasting impression of a @#%&!

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:02 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Didn't hear/see that.

you not read my posts then

posted it at the time mate after I had watched it, just thought it was pretty pathetic of Hughes tbh...considering how long he had been at United and was treated like a legend when he came back from Barca

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:03 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
I remember Andy Cole getting a good reception on his return to OT for City. Denis Law doesn't get booed...
you not see Laws's reaction to the goal he scored, the one that DIDN'T send us down

that's maybe an indication of where his loyalties lie

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:05 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

you not read my posts then

posted it at the time mate after I had watched it, just thought it was pretty pathetic of Hughes tbh...considering how long he had been at United and was treated like a legend when he came back from Barca
I'm stunned.I have some Fredsters call me specifically when you've posted mate.

They've let me down.

£#%&!ing Sloppy by name, Sloppy by nature.

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:07 PM
The Return of JC

A lot of it is how you behave once you move too. Andy Cole is a good example. He'd have had every right to be a little bitter after being the main man and then playing second fiddle to Van Nistelrooy. But credit to him, he wanted to play regularly, cut his losses and never said a bad word against the club.
Even when he was at City he could've tried to win a few friends by slagging us off or at least playing down his United connection, but he didn't.

Peter Schmeichel is a good example of the complete opposite. I think we all know why.

Hurts less when it's the tail end of their career too. If Cole was at his peak and engineered a move away it would be a whole different story.

Management is different too. It's more of a job than the natural passion of playing the game. We don't have to watch them do the things for them that he once did for us.

I certainly won't be booing Hughsie. Or Ronaldo. I find it completely counter productive. There's plenty of genuine enemies out there to hate.

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:11 PM
Bral

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
you not see Laws's reaction to the goal he scored, the one that DIDN'T send us down

that's maybe an indication of where his loyalties lie
A good point but I certainly won't boo Hughes, appreciate the service he gave us. What he's doing now is just for the benefit of his career (city?!). United is the past for him, right now he's solely focussed on his career as a manager.

Unread 04-08-2008, 07:17 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bral
A good point but I certainly won't boo Hughes, appreciate the service he gave us. What he's doing now is just for the benefit of his career (city?!). United is the past for him, right now he's solely focussed on his career as a manager.
I won't boo him but I know plenty will that's up to them, I'll just ignore him and treat him with the contempt he deserves for taking Shinywater's dollar

as for his career it's good in many ways that he has gone to the Divs because at least he'll never get the United job now
Closed Thread