United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:48 PM
Halloween

He deserves one more season to see what another round of transfers will do to the team. Really could have done with a trophy as the pressure will only mount from here.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:49 PM
Buck

I'm not going to do a flip on a penalty shoot out loss but the subs were baffling. Bringing Mata on to take a penalty right at the end makes sense but Tuanzebe and Dan James getting a few minutes longer clearly wasn't penalty related since you don't plan ahead for sudden death. Van der Beek and Amad with fresh legs and greater attacking talent even in that small time window might have done something and take a penalty if needed.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:50 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
He's already signed it, 5 years. Hope this doesn't take the gloss of us losing for you
Hey it will just make his sacking all the more expensive for the club and glazers. Fine by me.

Doesnt look like he has signed shit though. Theyd be bonkers to give him a 5 year deal after 3 years of failure.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halloween
He deserves one more season to see what another round of transfers will do to the team. Really could have done with a trophy as the pressure will only mount from here.
Definitely. It’s that fine line of managing a club like United: you’ve got to have the long term vision, but you need to keep the trophies coming in and longer that remains at zero, it’s mounting pressure.

Our league finishes have been the best since Fergie under him, but both LVG and Jose had trophies under their belts by now.

And in terms of his standing as a manager, this was a huge chance to shake the ‘PE Teacher’ tag, but the performance and result results only fuels it now.

The lines really are that stark and failure to win tonight had added a huge of amount of pressure to his position, long-term.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:58 PM
Zorg

Failed the test, nqat. Combined with the FA Cup loss to Leicester we chucked away two great chances of silverware and finished the season with an atrocious run of form. Depressing.

Unread 26-05-2021, 11:59 PM
Buck

People who still call him the "pe teacher" label after he's beaten Pep more than any other manager and finished 2nd were never going to get swayed by a Europa League title.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:01 AM
dunk

Hopefully this loss galvanises the lot of them.

The Dippers lost a European Final before winning their first trophy under Klopp, for instance.

Sometimes the failure is needed. Not as much as investment, but still..

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:03 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

The Dippers lost a European Final before winning their first trophy under Klopp, for instance.

We are going nowhere mate.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
We are going nowhere mate.
We shall see.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:04 AM
Patty_b

Quote:

They spent world records on a centre back and goalkeeper. We're going to the ALDI reduced Isle for our reinforcements.

Hope I'm wrong, doubt I am.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:05 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
We shall see.
Love your postivity but we know what will happen this summer.

Sancho if we are lucky. Same old shit next season.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:10 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
They spent world records on a centre back and goalkeeper. We're going to the ALDI reduced Isle for our reinforcements.

It's almost like we didn't spend a world record fee on a centre half and pretty much damn near one on a right back

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:11 AM
Bunker Buster

We'll win something next year under ole...

They'll learn from this...

He has one more season for me.

Quote:

Errrrmmm Harry Maguire is the world record pal.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:19 AM
Jethro

Quote:

I hope so. I really do. But I can't help thinking this will do more harm than good. We say it every year but this summer is huge. Big out goings with minimum coming in.

Deflated.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:21 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
I hope so. I really do. But I can't help thinking this will do more harm than good. We say it every year but this summer is huge. Big out goings with minimum coming in.

Deflated.
Looking at two to three incoming according to Ole.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:22 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
It's almost like we didn't spend a world record fee on a centre half and pretty much damn near one on a right back
And look how much we miss Maguire. Although we did overpay a tad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Errrrmmm Harry Maguire is the world record pal.
Yeah, signed after Van Dyke which was a world record at the time.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:22 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Failed the test, nqat. Combined with the FA Cup loss to Leicester we chucked away two great chances of silverware and finished the season with an atrocious run of form. Depressing.
Talking about Game ole binned of without fight, seems like the only goal in FA cup this year was to knock Liverpool out but that doesn't win us anything unless its Liverpool in the final as in 1977, or 1996.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:23 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Thanks for clearing that up.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:26 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Thanks for clearing that up.
Happy to help.

If it helps a bit more, Alison was also a world record goalkeeper at the time, but was overtaken by that other Spanish bag of kak at Chelsea.

Unread 27-05-2021, 12:27 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
And look how much we miss Maguire. Although we did overpay a tad.

Go to bed pal, mare territory here....
Closed Thread