United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-08-2020, 07:45 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
To be fair, there were periods that Jones looked like he was putting together a nice run, but it never lasted either through injury or some weird melt down. I always viewed his re-ups as us protecting some sort of sell on value; I don’t think Jones has been considered the actual solution to anything for quite a while. I’m not sure Woodward is a fan, particularly since he publicly rebuked him in the stands - still not sure what Jones said -, but I don’t think he’s started since.
I can’t remember him ever being anything other than one of the biggest liabilities we’ve ever had on the pitch.

You know how some players are described as a nightmare to play against? Jones is a nightmare to play with. His team mates must be constantly in a state of unpredictability - what will he do here? Will he play a simple 5 yard pass to me or will he inexplicably get into trouble and then hurtle towards me as I try and sort it out like a clumsy £#%&!ing elephant and try and redeem his error by taking me out with a career threatening tackle?

I honestly thing fans that actually talk kindly about him and really referencing the feeling of relief they feel when he occasionally doesn’t £#%&! things up.

Easily one of the worst players I’ve ever seen.

Dog shit. Bye.

Unread 09-08-2020, 08:03 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

Hard to think of many players that looked so good when they first broke through, to becoming so, so bad as they matured.

I remember seeing him for Blackburn a few times, and he looked incredible for his age. Then when he first came to United he looked like he'd become one of our best ever defenders.

The speed of his decline was staggering, and the length of time he's wallowed in this abyss of failure has been unforgivable. I'm amazed he hasn't voluntarily left, as his career will die at United. Needs to take a leaf out of Jonny Evans' book and £#%&! off to rebuild somewhere else.

Unread 10-08-2020, 10:39 AM
Throw

Unread 10-08-2020, 10:43 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throw
Has Bob Mortimer ever done or said anything remotely amusing? Genuine question.

Unread 10-08-2020, 10:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
And if you do get trapped in your flat. Try NOT to get trapped in your flat

Unread 10-08-2020, 10:51 AM
Throw

Quote:
Ooof. Big reveal here. If you don’t get Bob....

Or are you related to Phil?

Unread 10-08-2020, 10:52 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
To be fair, there were periods that Jones looked like he was putting together a nice run, but it never lasted either through injury or some weird melt down. I always viewed his re-ups as us protecting some sort of sell on value; I don’t think Jones has been considered the actual solution to anything for quite a while. I’m not sure Woodward is a fan, particularly since he publicly rebuked him in the stands - still not sure what Jones said -, but I don’t think he’s started since.
This, it's time for him to move on or retire because his injury record is a joke, the number of times he's been playing match sharp the last 2 years must be next to none. There was maybe still is a decent player in there, but his body just isn't up to it, he'll probably have a Jonny Evans style mini revival somewhere else but he's cursed here.

Unread 10-08-2020, 10:53 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Hard to think of many players that looked so good when they first broke through, to becoming so, so bad as they matured.

I remember seeing him for Blackburn a few times, and he looked incredible for his age. Then when he first came to United he looked like he'd become one of our best ever defenders.

The speed of his decline was staggering, and the length of time he's wallowed in this abyss of failure has been unforgivable. I'm amazed he hasn't voluntarily left, as his career will die at United. Needs to take a leaf out of Jonny Evans' book and f*** off to rebuild somewhere else.
I don’t think he’ll do well anywhere at this point tbh. That’s not a criticism of his attitude, and I agree that he looked great when he was starting out. I just think he’s spent so much time injured throughout his career that a) his body wont cope with playing regular football and b) he’s not played enough to compensate for ageing with experience. It’s like anything skill-based in the world; sports, music, Countdown - if you’re not practicing regularly then you’re never going to be anything other than average at best.

What were people’s thoughts on Smalling coming here?

Unread 10-08-2020, 11:37 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
"Phil, can you give us a quote for this press release?"

"I am delighted to have signed a new contract."

"Brilliant, thanks."

Unread 10-08-2020, 12:13 PM
no fun

Quote:
Gone fishing

Bbc iPlayer

Unread 10-08-2020, 06:36 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
What were people’s thoughts on Smalling coming here?
Generally not over-impressed I think.

Unread 10-08-2020, 06:39 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Generally not over-impressed I think.
That’s why I ask. Remember there being a pretty positive feeling around Jones, even up until lvg? People happy when he came back from injury etc. Can only ever remember people hating smalling except for the first or second season under, again, lvg.

Unread 23-12-2020, 08:28 AM
Sapien

Rooney going to do us the ultimate favour?

Unread 23-12-2020, 08:33 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Rooney going to do us the ultimate favour?
new contract for Kai already? jumped up little shit

Unread 23-12-2020, 10:43 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
new contract for Kai already? jumped up little shit
If he’ll take Jones off our hands because we’re going to put Kai through the academy, what’s not to like?

Unread 28-01-2021, 11:27 PM
Pop

Any sign of this utter £#%&!ing door stop being loaned/sold/shot out of a cannon?

Look at him ffs, straight out of Carry On Doctor

Unread 28-01-2021, 11:30 PM
ScarFace

He's been out for a year. Nobody even asks what with or when he's back. Its bizarre.

I know it wasn't Ole but signing this lump on a FIVE-year deal, a month or so after Ole joined, is insane.

Unread 28-01-2021, 11:30 PM
dunk

He’s back in training, fancy he’ll be off to Burnley or somewhere in the Champ as soon as it can be sorted.

Good window so far

Unread 01-02-2021, 02:40 PM
dunk

Unread 01-02-2021, 02:50 PM
Pop

Thumbs down

ffs, he is absolutely utterly useless. He hasn't been injured, he's likely been trapped in a spiders web in his garden for the past 6 months eating flies to stay alive and probably escaped only when the crows started pecking at his near death body.

Ole needs a good slap at times.

Guber £#%&!ing Jones
Closed Thread