Agree?

Unread 11-03-2010, 04:37 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam the Sanitary Man
is the next stage

Its got to be done

Agree?
That will show them, couple of people sacking of their pretend season tickets.

Unread 11-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
That will show them, couple of people sacking of their pretend season tickets.
No I mean 10,000 to 20,000 doing it. Seriously come on IT CAN BE DONE!

Unread 11-03-2010, 04:41 PM
The Mull

In an ideal world, if the Red said that anyone that made this sacrifice, could have their seat back if/when they took over, it could be a goer.

Unread 11-03-2010, 04:45 PM
Sam the Sanitary Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
In an ideal world, if the Red said that anyone that made this sacrifice, could have their seat back if/when they took over, it could be a goer.
I know but till something LIKE this happens were are £#%&!ed. Im all for the Green & Gold but the momentum needs to be jumped on now I think!

Unread 11-03-2010, 06:04 PM
Ben

Quote:
good idea, but what about the people who have been boycotting from 2005. say somebody took their seat after they stopped going. now they themselves have decided to boycott. who gets the seat?

i wont be renewing fwiw

Unread 11-03-2010, 06:32 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben
good idea, but what about the people who have been boycotting from 2005. say somebody took their seat after they stopped going. now they themselves have decided to boycott. who gets the seat?

i wont be renewing fwiw

Unread 12-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Child of Darkness

dont expect MUST (pfj -officials) to propose this they are far too busy agreeing what the biscuits should be at the next meeting.

I heard someone said jaffa cakes - and there was an 8 day discussion on whether the jaffa cake actually constituted a biscuit -

Finally it was agreed that the motion should be that they discuss what sort of biscuits and cakes should be provided at the next meeting notwithstanding the issues of the important cake v biscuit identity delimma.

Lastly someone veto'd jaffa cakes of the grounds that they were racist.

Unread 12-03-2010, 11:20 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
that's the ONLY way it will happen tbf

Unread 12-03-2010, 12:00 PM
armchair

They aren't in a position to honour that promise in any case.

Unread 12-03-2010, 12:50 PM
Child of Darkness

id love to know what they actually are in a position to do.

so far they have endorse chatmasters one idea and done £#%&! all else

Unread 12-03-2010, 01:05 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

I think they are doing a pretty good job of gathering a group of fans under the one banner in all fairness to them. The appointment of that American PR company who did Obama's election campaign was a smart move, and it does need one single body coordinating the 'movement' (ahem).

Unread 12-03-2010, 10:46 PM
RedMenace

Potentially significant development floated by Harris.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...icket-boycott?

Quote:
The consortium of businessmen putting together a takeover bid for Manchester United has guaranteed the club's season-ticket holders that they will get their seats back if a mass boycott pressurises the Glazer family to relinquish their ownership.

The Red Knights group, led by the former United director Jim O'Neill and involving the former Football League chairman Keith Harris, is urging fans not to renew their season tickets to help force out the Glazers.

Asked if there would be a guarantee for people relinquishing their season tickets, Harris said: "We can give that, yes. If there were people who were considering giving up their season-tickets on account of what they've heard about the Glazers' plans ... then in the event that our takeover was successful we're sure it could be worked out so that they regained their places."

Harris, chairman of the stockbrokers Seymour Pearce, also said in an interview with Red Issue fanzine that the new regime would lower the price of season tickets as opposed to the Glazers' regular increases. "Our intention is to set aside 25.1% of the shareholding in a supporters' trust so that any future takeover would become impossible. Season-ticket holders would get their seats back at a lower price and become shareholders in the club."

Unread 13-03-2010, 04:44 PM
big chief

How realistic is their promise that people would be able to reclaim their ST & more importantly, their actual seat. Surely, if you gave up your ST, then it becomes available for someone else to occupy.

If this initiative did see the removal of the glazers and there was a change of ownership, how can those people who gave up their ST be guaranteed to be able to get their seat back?

I gave up my ticket up this season and consider the prospect of others doing so admirable and central to 'the cause'. However, i do feel that the promises from these Red Knights are ill thought through.

I'd imagine the South Stand would also be unlikely to take such action

Unread 01-04-2010, 09:28 PM
Sloppy

Unread 02-04-2010, 09:20 AM
redwhiteandblack

Quote:
dont expect MUST (pfj -officials) to propose this they are far too busy agreeing what the biscuits should be at the next meeting.

I heard someone said jaffa cakes - and there was an 8 day discussion on whether the jaffa cake actually constituted a biscuit -

Finally it was agreed that the motion should be that they discuss what sort of biscuits and cakes should be provided at the next meeting notwithstanding the issues of the important cake v biscuit identity delimma.

Wasn't the biscuit analogy used by Brady first? He ws calling for Lincolns if I remember rightly. He made a far better job of it.

Quote:

You seem to be bereft of ideas. What have you done?

Unread 16-04-2010, 10:51 PM
stax

The Glazers are in this because Utd are a cash generating giant, logic says that if Utd ceased to generate the cash they'd want out. Not renewing will reduce income so will help.

This is the first season in 37 years I haven't attended a Utd game, £#%&! 'em

Unread 17-04-2010, 05:12 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax
The Glazers are in this because Utd are a cash generating giant, logic says that if Utd ceased to generate the cash they'd want out. Not renewing will reduce income so will help.

Good man.

Stax........that username rings a bell

Unread 20-04-2010, 04:31 PM
macker83

Quote:

I heard it was ginger snaps they had agreed on

Unread 21-04-2010, 04:10 AM
SNAFU

Quote:
Originally Posted by stax

Just my 2 cents so have a little mercy

Quote:
Glazer has owned a diverse portfolio of nationwide investments which include food service equipment, food packaging and food supplies, marine protein, broadcasting, health care, property, banking, natural gas and oil, the Internet, stocks and bonds.
The key thing is to hit them where it hurts. While not renewing the ST may be an option, it will come to naught if there are 20 others behind you waiting for your ST. I feel that we need to plan for this situation. This includes jerseys, memorabilia etc...basically EVERYTHING. At this point in time, the Glazers are just happy to service the debt because at the end, the debt will be paid and the club will be theirs. Any action has to hurt their cashflow to the point where they need to make a choice...sell the Buccs or sell Utd.

Quote:
After Glazer began to take control of Manchester United in 2003 (see below), the Bucs' fortunes faded, as they spent far less on player salaries than allowed under the NFL's salary cap. Media observers and local fans have expressed their suspicion that Glazer has diverted funds from the Bucs to reduce the debt accumulated in the Man United purchase at the expense of the Bucs' continued success
Would the effects of a boycott be amplified if the fans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers did a similar boycott at the same time? Would they even be bothered? I do know that this will definitely give them one big headache.

Logic will tell them that Utd will make them more money so they would be inclined to keep a hold on to the club, but that's where all the pressure comes from. Verbal abuse ala Hicks and Gillett and making them feel unwanted and unwelcome.

There is no easy way to get rid of them. Any options will definitely hurt the club in the short term IMO. The question is, can any action be done without other fans undermining such a strategy?