United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:48 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Please excuse the ignorance, but what are you talking about?
1) Someone makes a jocular reference to City winning the league.

2) I concur and make a jovial reply along similar lines.

Unread 25-09-2007, 02:47 PM
signed dc

Arsenal haven't really played anyone who knows how to tackle yet, apart from Blackburn.

Unread 25-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Billy Baroo

calling it now is ridiculous

all 4 could quite easily win it

Unread 25-09-2007, 02:52 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
calling it now is ridiculous

all 4 could quite easily win it
Listen to this man.

If we were doing the same thread a few fixtures ago there would be very different opinions. Same applies to a few fixtures into the future.

Unread 25-09-2007, 02:59 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
1) Someone makes a jocular reference to City winning the league.

2) I concur and make a jovial reply along similar lines.
Just re-read it, I didn't realise what the figures were referring to.

I thought it was something to do with ciddy and the amount of time since they won anything.

Hence the question.

Unread 25-09-2007, 03:04 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by programmes?
Just re-read it, I didn't realise what the figures were referring to.

I thought it was something to do with ciddy and the amount of time since they won anything.

Hence the question.
Oh right. Thought you were being a miserable @#%&!, hence the sarcastic retort.

Unread 25-09-2007, 03:22 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Shit forget about them. Cancel the 'Perfect 10' banner*, we'll actually finish runners up.

*Yes, yes, I know it'd be 17 overall.
did paul heaton give you that perfect 10

Unread 25-09-2007, 03:23 PM
MUFC One Love

Depends on how Fergie is when Europe really kicks in. I have a feeling he's gonna throw the title away for Europe with daft team changes. I have a sneaky for Arsenal.

Unread 25-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Paul Mcgrath

Our team still hasnt clicked into gear yet. If we can keep up in 2nd/3rd, by the time we start playing some proper football we'll be cruising. The carling cup is good for us as well, gives Anderson/Nani/Evans/Pique some valuable match fitness. 2nd half of the season i think we'll see some wonderful stuff from Andy. Ive nicknamed him that.

Unread 25-09-2007, 03:37 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Mcgrath
Our team still hasnt clicked into gear yet. If we can keep up in 2nd/3rd, by the time we start playing some proper football we'll be cruising. The carling cup is good for us as well, gives Anderson/Nani/Evans/Pique some valuable match fitness. 2nd half of the season i think we'll see some wonderful stuff from Andy. Ive nicknamed him that.
who nani?

Unread 25-09-2007, 04:43 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Stickman, is that Ed Norton in your avatar?
Indeed

Unread 25-09-2007, 05:25 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Arsenal haven't really played anyone who knows how to tackle yet, apart from Blackburn.
And they didnt win that game.

Look at their league schedule from late October:

Liverpool v Arsenal
Arsenal v Man Utd
Reading v Arsenal
Arsenal v Wigan
Aston Villa v Arsenal
Middlesbrough v Arsenal
Arsenal v Chelsea
Arsenal v Tottenham
Portsmouth v Arsenal
Everton v Arsenal

The ones in bold are games where there is big potential for dropped points.

I predict we'll get a point at the Emirates and then by December we will be ahead by at least 5 points.

Unread 25-09-2007, 06:22 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I have a feeling he's gonna throw the title away for Europe with daft team changes.
So you don't rate the United squad then?

Unread 25-09-2007, 06:25 PM
MUFC One Love

It's all well and good saying Arsenal haven't played anyone. Wasn't the Scousers saying that about us last season all the time? "You've had an easy run" etc. With the confidence they have Arsenal will do well this season. They'll probably beat us at the Emirates too. A good 4-6-0 formation from Fergal.

Unread 25-09-2007, 06:27 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
It's all well and good saying Arsenal haven't played anyone. Wasn't the Scousers saying that about us last season all the time? "You've had an easy run" etc. With the confidence they have Arsenal will do well this season. They'll probably beat us at the Emirates too. A good 4-6-0 formation from Fergal.
United have the experience though and Arsenal are notorious for being pushovers in the tough games up north. I'm not disrespecting Arsenal and they very well may go on to do it but they've already been away at Blackburn and they failed. After the game labelling Blackburn as 'violent'.

Unread 25-09-2007, 06:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I have a feeling he's gonna throw the title away for Europe with daft team changes.
Quote:
A good 4-6-0 formation from Fergal.
Aha, so you don't rate the United squad or the management then. All is clear.

Unread 25-09-2007, 06:41 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
but Arsenal HAVEN'T played anyone decent this season apart from the Divs obviously.....hope this helps

the title is ours to lose and from what I've seen so far we will win it comfortably

we haven't come anywhere near our best yet where are we in the table and the squad is far stronger than last year certainly strong enough to cope with a league and European Cup double

Unread 25-09-2007, 06:43 PM
firesale

between Arsenal and us - don't mind that as of the top 4 that's the two play football. I've girded my loins in anticipation of arsenal's moral victory and our actual league success.

and it feels good. Chaffs a bit but...

Unread 25-09-2007, 06:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by firesale
between Arsenal and us - don't mind that as of the top 4 that's the two play football. I've girded my loins in anticipation of ARSENAL'S MORAL VICTORY and our actual league success.

and it feels good. Chaffs a bit but...

ain't that the truth

Unread 25-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas

Arsenal who are playing some amazing football as of late but it has been against shite opposition and, to be honest, they have been playing good football for three years without winning the league.
They made a Sevilla side who could've won the La Liga title on the last day look a 2nd rate team.
Closed Thread