United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-09-2007, 12:58 PM
Stickman

Default I just cant see past us for the league this year...

Not been this confident in about 7 seasons.

No knee jerk but I really dont feel Chelsea will mount a very strong challenge this time. Just too much shit going on there and morale seemingly down the pan.

Arsenal - surely not over 38 games, plus theyve not had the toughest of starts...ok, that might be a bit too dismissive...next year Id say they'll be right there in the final 3 weeks however.

Liverpool - rotation will £#%&! them over as always. And he has no clue what his best team is. They'll maybe even finish as low as 4th.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:00 PM
carlosartorial

Thumbs up

I said pre-match on Sunday (to general amazement)

"If we win today, we'll win the league"

...and I believe that.

Chelsea are still are biggest rivals and they are now completely £#%&!ed.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:00 PM
24hr Leavesey

I think it's quite competitive this year, my guess is all the top teams will beat each other, keeping it tight at the top for the best part of the season.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Spiffy

Liverpool will win it this year.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:03 PM
koppas

Liverpool have shown what they are made of with goalless draws against Brum and Pompey. They won't win it. They will finish fourth this season.

Chelsea can't be written off but the longer this shit goes on with them and having no real manager, they won't mount a serious challenge and will be battling for second place with...

Arsenal who are playing some amazing football as of late but it has been against shite opposition and, to be honest, they have been playing good football for three years without winning the league.

Tevez will lead us there.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:06 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
Liverpool have shown what they are made of with goalless draws against Brum and Pompey. They won't win it. They will finish fourth this season.

Chelsea can't be written off but the longer this shit goes on with them and having no real manager, they won't mount a serious challenge and will be battling for second place with...

Arsenal who are playing some amazing football as of late but it has been against shite opposition and, to be honest, they have been playing good football for three years without winning the league.

Tevez will lead us there.
Arsenal have a good chance this year, better than for a while. Their goalkeeping issues may well cost them though.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:07 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Arsenal are the biggest worry for me. Chelsea will be come good, too many good players.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:07 PM
believe

United
New Leeds.
Arse
Dippers

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:08 PM
koppas

Stickman, is that Ed Norton in your avatar?

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:12 PM
SilverSurfer

See it between us and Arsenal. We're slowing coming back to form (inadequate pre-season) and I see L'Arse having the same sort of confidence we had a year ago. As we saw, it can take you far.

Chelsea are divided, that much is obvious and it's not yet played out. The Skaus are deluded again. The Birmingham game is more of an indicator of their standing than a 6-0 win over Derby. Us to triumph. Being a London dweller, can't stand the thought of another Arsenal media love-in.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:13 PM
rebelcountyred

i hate ostentatious shows of confidence, where's whaley when you need him?

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:15 PM
carlosartorial

Arsenal are nice to watch but Hleb, Rosicky (& Fabregas to an extent) will prove too lightwieght and inconsistent over 38 games. They wil achieve £#%&! all north of Watford - as per usual.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:21 PM
Scabs

Nobody's mentioned ciddy...

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:23 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
there is a reason for that.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:26 PM
Scabs

But they are playing for a place in Europe...

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:26 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scabs
Shit forget about them. Cancel the 'Perfect 10' banner*, we'll actually finish runners up.

*Yes, yes, I know it'd be 17 overall.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:27 PM
antonin jablonsky

Wrong site.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:29 PM
Scabs

sorry.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:35 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverSurfer
. Being a London dweller, can't stand the thought of another Arsenal media love-in.
Usually I'd agree but rather them than the scousers.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:38 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Shit forget about them. Cancel the 'Perfect 10' banner*, we'll actually finish runners up.

*Yes, yes, I know it'd be 17 overall.
Please excuse the ignorance, but what are you talking about?
Closed Thread