United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:09 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up Michael Carrick.

Stepped up yesterday and had an excellent game, though he faded a bit towards the end. Looked like the midfield that won us the league last season, Hargreaves might struggle to get in it on that form.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:20 AM
sharath

sheer quality. All stepped up a notch yesterday apart from scholes. I thought he could have and should have done more. I love evra. He is a midget but outjumps so many players.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
apart from scholes.
predictable.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:22 AM
Gog Coch

Fergie summed it up yesterday -
"We are good when we have brisk penetration and speed "
Scholes' slowness, pirouetting, passing back wards and side ways and being caught in possession time and time again, more more often overt time takes that 'modus operandi' away from our game.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:25 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
Fergie summed it up yesterday -
"We are good when we have brisk penetration and speed "
Scholes' slowness, pirouetting, passing back wards and side ways and being caught in possession time and time again, more more often overt time takes that 'modus operandi' away from our game.

Some of you are more anti-Scholes than pro-Unitedf, doesn't matter what happens or what result we get, Scholes has to get it in the neck. We had that "brisk penetration and speed" because of Scholes and Carrick yesterday, don't expect the anti-Scholes brigade to accept it, their worlds would end, but he played very well yesterday and his partnership with Carrick was excellent, won us the game in fact.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:30 AM
Gog Coch

Scholes is playing like Ray Wilkins did in the twilight of his career at United. We have another Crab on our hands.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:31 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
predictable.
seriously I thought giggs stepped up a notch or 2 last night, but scholes still I thought was not at full speed.

Fergie summed it up perfectly when he said, we were pedantic in the 2nd half.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:31 AM
puressence

i personally think its giggs who slows the play down ..

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:33 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
i personally think its giggs who slows the play down ..
I dont disagree with that. Pace for a purpose

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
seriously I thought giggs stepped up a notch or 2 last night, but scholes still I thought was not at full speed.

Fergie summed it up perfectly when he said, we were pedantic in the 2nd half.

and that was Scholes was it? Fergie said that? No, in fact Scholes was all over the pitch yesterday, dunno where you are getting this not at fullspeed business? Also how we managed to beat Chelsea and outplay 'em to, particularly at 11 a side with only one midfielder I'll never know. Oh waita minute, we didn't 'cos Scholes was playing well. AsI said though, I don't expect any less from some of you. it's gonna be every game, no matter how he plays.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Scholes is playing like Ray Wilkins did in the twilight of his career at United. We have another Crab on our hands.
No he isn't, no we don't. Actualy watch a full match, then comment. In fact why not have a rant at Gordon Brown now you've had todays pop at Scholes.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:36 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
and that was Scholes was it? Fergie said that? No, in fact Scholes was all over the pitch yesterday, dunno where you are getting this not at fullspeed business? Also how we managed to beat Chelsea and outplay 'em to, particularly at 11 a side with only one midfielder I'll never know. Oh waita minute, we didn't 'cos Scholes was playing well. AsI said though, I don't expect any less from some of you. it's gonna be every game, no matter how he plays.
If Arsenal play their normal formation against us and Scholes is playing - we'll get murdered.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:37 AM
sharath

Quote:
11 on one side and 10 on another.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
11 on one side and 10 on another.
Whatever, utterly bored of the Scholes vendetta on here.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:39 AM
sharath

Quote:
Whatever, utterly bored of the Scholes vendetta on here.
no vendetta. when he does play well, I will give credit to him like I have given to giggs today.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:40 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
No he isn't, no we don't. Actualy watch a full match, then comment. In fact why not have a rant at Gordon Brown now you've had todays pop at Scholes.
Contextomy?

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:41 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
If Arsenal play their normal formation against us and Scholes is playing - we'll get murdered.
Like you know what Arsenal's normal formation is.You don't watch any football, you just trant from a position of total ignorance. Every week the sme Scvholes, Giggs and Neville gat a slating even though you only watched 10 minutes of the match. Go on have a rant abot Gordon "Nemesis" Brown, you know you want to.

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Like you know what Arsenal's normal formation is.You don't watch any football, you just trant from a position of total ignorance. Every week the sme Scvholes, Giggs and Neville gat a slating even though you only watched 10 minutes of the match. Go on have a rant abot Gordon "Nemesis" Brown, you know you want to.
Contextomy?

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:44 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Contextomy?
10 minutes? 15?

Unread 24-09-2007, 08:45 AM
MUFC One Love

I've been a bit of a critic of Scholes, I think we've been playing him 'cos he is Scholes, but yesterday he was superb along with Carrick, was like last season yesterday.
Closed Thread