United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-09-2007, 07:34 AM
Gog Coch

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
So you're agreeing he falls short of being a true great of the game but you'd still bracket him as a United great.

I'd say Best, Law and Charlton were not just United greats, but true greats of the game.

Anyway, I don't think this is a discussion about Giggs' ability as a footballer but more about the (mis)use of the word great.

Like I said initially, it's used far too readily nowadays.
Charlton went through a long twlight zone at United when he got very demoralised by the crowd reaction. I remember one guy in a row in front of me shouting for Charlton to get off when he was hit by a woman weilding a umbrella behind who shouted "Leave our Bobbay alone"

Unread 25-09-2007, 07:40 AM
Charlestown Rouge

Default Short term memory retention monkeys

Giggs is a left winger (natural home of lazy bastard footballers) - is he as good as he was? No - time catches up with everybody but he still has an important role to play and still frightens the life out of most right backs.

More crucially unlike most of his recent contemporaries on the left flank - he doesn't go missing or hiding in games.

If you prefer any of these highly valued wannabe Giggs models from our top Premiership "rivals" over the last few seasons - go and get your head tested.

Robben
Gonzalez
Zenden
Kewell
Reyes

Better than Best? Of course not but who is? He has showed more commitment and loyalty to the club than George did and that should be reciprocated by one or two people on here.

Plus he has the best Salford accent of any Welshman on the planet.

Legend.

Unread 25-09-2007, 07:42 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Giggs is a left winger (natural home of lazy bastard footballers) - is he as good as he was? No - time catches up with everybody but he still has an important role to play and still frightens the life out of most right backs.

More crucially unlike most of his recent contemporaries on the left flank - he doesn't go missing or hiding in games.

If you prefer any of these highly valued wannabe Giggs models from our top Premiership "rivals" over the last few seasons - go and get your head tested.

Robben
Gonzalez
Zenden
Kewell
Reyes

Better than Best? Of course not but who is? He has showed more commitment and loyalty to the club than George did and that should be reciprocated by one or two people on here.

Plus he has the best Salford accent of any Welshman on the planet.

Legend.

An admirable post sir. 10/10.

Kewell
Closed Thread