Unread 25-09-2007, 08:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
the top 6 at utd should be

ronaldo hargo scholes

tevez rooney saha

£#%&! that would tear out some new arseholes
Yup, although not in that formation and after Sunday, Carrick would have to merit thought ahead of Scholes or Hargreaves.

Unread 25-09-2007, 08:55 AM
Mr_Ed

I would be happy for Rooney and Tevez to start up front... we can play 60 minutes and see how things go, it's not a bad front pairing to have and then we have a natural striker to come on if we need a goal or two.

I'd like to see Saha start but I'm not too bothered if he doesn't - as long as he plays some part. I'd rather he kept coming on late in the game than not at all.

Long term he is our only out and out striker and needs to be fit physically and mentally.

Unread 25-09-2007, 09:22 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
I would be happy for Rooney and Tevez to start up front... we can play 60 minutes and see how things go, it's not a bad front pairing to have and then we have a natural striker to come on if we need a goal or two.

I'd like to see Saha start but I'm not too bothered if he doesn't - as long as he plays some part. I'd rather he kept coming on late in the game than not at all.

Long term he is our only out and out striker and needs to be fit physically and mentally.
My problem when we play Rooney and Tevez is that thewy both naturally come towards the ball and play off the front. Neither are the sort to go in behind a defence so we tend to play entirely in front of the opposition back 4 with little penetration. It can be fantastic football but it tends not to create too many clear cut chances. Saha's pace will stretch a defence and thus create space for Tevez and Rooney to play in, space they can both use brilliantly.

Unread 25-09-2007, 09:50 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Yup, although not in that formation and after Sunday, Carrick would have to merit thought ahead of Scholes or Hargreaves.
formation

hargo scholes

tevez

ronnie saha roney

hargo and scholes are better over the next few months ..carrick will get plenty of games as will giggles

Unread 25-09-2007, 09:55 AM
MUFC One Love

Saha gives us another dimension but there is nothing wrong with options.

Personally I don't know what I'd play, 2 of Hargreaves/Carrick/Scholes then a front 4 kind of thing or the 3-3.

Unread 25-09-2007, 09:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Saha gives us another dimension but there is nothing wrong with options.

Personally I don't know what I'd play, 2 of Hargreaves/Carrick/Scholes then a front 4 kind of thing or the 3-3.
As you say, 2 from Carrick, Scholes and Hargo, then a fluid 3 of Tevez, Rooney and Ronnie in behind Saha up front.

Unread 25-09-2007, 10:32 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
We were terrific yesterday before Mikel's jump tackle. We weren't too shabby after it, either. And that was the 1st time Tevez and Rooney have ever started a game together.

All this talk of how Saha must play and Tevez and Rooney are the same and all the rest of it is all very well. But none of you have any basis for saying it, your only actual reference point is yesterday's game. And yesterday was at the very least a promising sign of things to come.

Saha could be very useful at Birmingham true enough, but I reckon he'd be better used the following Tuesday night against Roma. Tevez and Rooney might have something to say about that though. And I also think that Saha's proness to being out injured means Ferguson would be wrong to deny Tevez and Rooney the chance to get to know each other's game as quickly as possible in the 1st team.

Saha needs to keep his head down, and if he stays fit he will get a good run of games the closer we get to Xmas; Tevez in particular will be getting a break around then anyway, no doubt.
don't get me wrong mate. But how long have you had your tongue firmly planted in sir alex's arse? Just curious you see.

Unread 25-09-2007, 12:57 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Doesn't lool like he will start against Birmingham.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...754147,00.html

Unread 25-09-2007, 12:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Doesn't really matter. It's Birmingham. We'll beat them whoever plays upfront.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:04 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Doesn't lool like he will start against Birmingham.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...754147,00.html
40 minutes v Sunderland
30 minutes v Everton
20 minutes v Lisbon
10 minutes v Chelsea
0 minutes v Brum?

This looks the wrong way round if we are trying to ease him back into the first team?????

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:05 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Doesn't really matter. It's Birmingham. We'll beat them whoever plays upfront.
Dong?

I £#%&!ing doubt it.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:08 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
40 minutes v Sunderland
30 minutes v Everton
20 minutes v Lisbon
10 minutes v Chelsea
0 minutes v Brum?
And somehow -10 minutes against Roma. Scientists working around the clock to figure how.

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:10 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
the top 6 at utd should be

ronaldo hargo scholes

tevez rooney saha

£#%&! that would tear out some new arseholes
don't you think you should include o'shea as well then

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
And somehow -10 minutes against Roma. Scientists working around the clock to figure how.
Looking at the numbers it looks more like we are trying to ease him off the bench and out of the squad?

Unread 25-09-2007, 01:18 PM
S/Side.Red

To be honest, I'm a little more interested in when Hargreaves will be back.
Closed Thread