United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Wides Anyone think we’ll win tomorrow/today?
Yes 37 58.73%
No 19 30.16%
Spike Island 7 11.11%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 02-06-2023, 09:47 PM
Hyman_Roth

But I’ve always also had us in the top 4 all season and predicted 3rd iirc. I’ve predicted wins in most of the matches we’ve won. I admit to a slight incontinence in the bigger matches. Probs city at home was off but other than that, I’ve been positive.

Just noticed your predictions have been a bit off and that confidence has led to Spike island for the final? Your words.

Fancy a bit of archipelago action. Always fancied doing the Azores pal. Happy to do you in the Azores and bosh your bonce across a caldera.

Unread 02-06-2023, 09:59 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
But I’ve always also had us in the top 4 all season and predicted 3rd iirc. I’ve predicted wins in most of the matches we’ve won. I admit to a slight incontinence in the bigger matches. Probs city at home was off but other than that, I’ve been positive.

Just noticed your predictions have been a bit off and that confidence has led to Spike island for the final? Your words.

Fancy a bit of archipelago action. Always fancied doing the Azores pal. Happy to do you in the Azores and bosh your bonce across a caldera.
Heard good things about Ponta Delgada but happy to meet you anywhere, don’t forget your EHIC card and spare dentures. Put me down for a win tomorrow as a counter-balance to your incontinent defeatism.

Unread 02-06-2023, 10:05 PM
Hyman_Roth

Wiganste in the yes crew. Big big vote. Gives me a smidgen of hope. Need to see where Seamus and draggers go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Heard good things about Ponta Delgada but happy to meet you anywhere, don’t forget your EHIC card and spare dentures. Put me down for a win tomorrow as a counter-balance to your incontinent defeatism.
Pal. I think we’ll lose to city because they’re better than us and have proven so multiple times over the last 5 years. That’s not incontinent defeatism. That’s reality.

Unread 02-06-2023, 10:07 PM
andyroo

My brother-in-law's going to the Azores in a couple of weeks. Makes you think.
Maybe he can referee.

Unread 02-06-2023, 10:29 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Wiganste in the yes crew. Big big vote. Gives me a smidgen of hope. Need to see where Seamus and draggers go.

Pal. I think we’ll lose to city because they’re better than us and have proven so multiple times over the last 5 years. That’s not incontinent defeatism. That’s reality.
The defeatism is more a reference to losing your nerve towards the end of the season, you were fairly grounded prior to that as was I (would have settled for 5th and a decent style of play at the start of the season). The last two months or so of the season were utterly excruciating on here as even gaylord safe spaces were infested with the same three incorrect points phrased slightly differently; Liverpool will win every game until the end (they didn’t), we won’t win again (we did) we won’t score again (see previous) and that our season ended at home to Sevilla (it didn’t).

Anyway no hard feelings but don’t appreciate anyone who bottled it in April coming on here shouting the odds about being grounded. Up the reds tomorrow but whatever happens this thing of ours will always bind us.

Unread 02-06-2023, 10:39 PM
dunk

Nah, not really.

Unread 02-06-2023, 10:40 PM
The taste of...

citeh as good as they are have all the expectations and bookies favourites being heaped on them, but won’t do them any favours

Their ultimate nightmare would be to spew this to us. Us! They will be over cautious

Whatever team they put out last time was beat. The rhythm has been broken.

They will walk out to a stadium which will be hugely more red and that nightmare will play on their mind. Key players might not even start with big ears in mind.

I reckon we will know within the first 5 mins if they’ve turned up, alas also if it’s our shit@#%&!s that we’re first off the bus

Strangely calm though on this

Unread 02-06-2023, 10:44 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
The defeatism is more a reference to losing your nerve towards the end of the season, you were fairly grounded prior to that as was I (would have settled for 5th and a decent style of play at the start of the season). The last two months or so of the season were utterly excruciating on here as even gaylord safe spaces were infested with the same three incorrect points phrased slightly differently; Liverpool will win every game until the end (they didn’t), we won’t win again (we did) we won’t score again (see previous) and that our season ended at home to Sevilla (it didn’t).

Anyway no hard feelings but don’t appreciate anyone who bottled it in April coming on here shouting the odds about being grounded. Up the reds tomorrow but whatever happens this thing of ours will always bind us.
I never made any of those three points pal. Link me where I did. I perhaps expressed concern over our scoring but then we are the lowest scoring large side.

I accept I do piss the bed from time to time but I’ve kept fairly clean sheets.

Until NOW!

Unread 02-06-2023, 10:44 PM
suedeshoes

This 'cheat' stuff is a load of irrelevant shit. At the moment, on the pitch counts. If we get hammered tomorrow, I'll take no solace in "yeah but they cheated". Prove it. I know blues. It's going to be shit.

Unread 03-06-2023, 08:29 AM
Danoli

Irrelevant?

They wouldn’t have got their manager or attracted the players without their cheating.

Unread 03-06-2023, 08:41 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Irrelevant?

They wouldn’t have got their manager or attracted the players without their cheating.
100%. It’s not that easy to use in a one on one blazing row with a blue but we know it, they know it and so does everyone else.

Unread 03-06-2023, 09:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danoli
Irrelevant?

Won't matter a jot though if they stick 5 past us today...

Unread 03-06-2023, 09:23 AM
Dr Stranger

It matters in general, but not today.

Unread 03-06-2023, 11:31 AM
puressence

2-1 Bruno rashford winner
Closed Thread