United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-11-2008, 05:39 PM
Rossi the Red

Angry Can't believe we got out muscled by a team renowned for being @#%&!s!

Imagine Denilson, Nasri and Walcott up against Keano, Phil Neville and Nicky Butt!

Fletcher and Hargreaves were missed big time saturday!

Unread 09-11-2008, 06:00 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
Imagine Denilson, Nasri and Walcott up against Keano, Phil Neville and Nicky Butt!

Fletcher and Hargreaves were missed big time saturday!
likkle teams always up their game against us. let it go. we need to @#%&! the vermin, that is all.

Unread 09-11-2008, 06:15 PM
History

Fletcher Couldnt out muscle a football

Unread 09-11-2008, 06:29 PM
Whalefish

We weren't outmuscled, just outplayed by a good side at times. Just like we outplayed them but didn't take our chances.

That's all.

Unread 09-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
We weren't outmuscled, just outplayed by a good side at times. Just like we outplayed them but didn't take our chances.

That's all.
That fixture though we're famous for out-fighting them. We didn't get at em saturday...far too much room.

Unread 09-11-2008, 08:48 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
That fixture though we're famous for out-fighting them. We didn't get at em saturday...far too much room.
But we don't have the likes of Keane in the side anymore or anyone similar. We didn't have any one to foul, intimidate or bully a team. That doesn't mean we were outmuscled by them because we weren't.

From an Arsenal pov we were the ideal team to play against because we get the ball down and play. We also rarely press opposing players in and around the middle of the pitch like Stoke, Bolton et al do. In the main, from what I see, we back off to a point waiting to capitalise on mistakes - a loose pass, a bad touch etc. Not often you see a Utd midfielder now clatter into someone on the turn as they look to start a counter or pick a pass out. When you play like that, against a good attacking side (and they are), you can come unstuck. Especially if you don't take your own excellent chances.

Hargreaves would have been ideal yesterday but he looks done for so I think another midfieder is needed. A ball winning type or a player not afraid to mix it. Pity Mascherano is at the Dippers.

Unread 09-11-2008, 09:20 PM
celtbion

Quote:
But we don't have the likes of Keane in the side anymore or anyone similar. We didn't have any one to foul, intimidate or bully a team. That doesn't mean we were outmuscled by them because we weren't.

From an Arsenal pov we were the ideal team to play against because we get the ball down and play. We also rarely press opposing players in and around the middle of the pitch like Stoke, Bolton et al do. In the main, from what I see, we back off to a point waiting to capitalise on mistakes - a loose pass, a bad touch etc. Not often you see a Utd midfielder now clatter into someone on the turn as they look to start a counter or pick a pass out. When you play like that, against a good attacking side (and they are), you can come unstuck. Especially if you don't take your own excellent chances.

Hargreaves would have been ideal yesterday but he looks done for so I think another midfieder is needed. A ball winning type or a player not afraid to mix it. Pity Mascherano is at the Dippers.
Possebon looks a decent tackler from what little I've seen of him.

Unread 10-11-2008, 09:27 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

That's all.
True, was a good game to be honest and we lost it 'cos we missed a few sitters.

Unread 10-11-2008, 09:32 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:

That's all.
totally - not outmuscled, it was just barn door and banjo day.

we will absolute batter someone this year - the ipswich record may come under threat.

Unread 10-11-2008, 09:34 AM
Whalefish

Neither Arsenal or Utd will be challenging for the title come May (unless we stop letting teams off the hook, and start defending as a team again).

If Utd get a bit of steel into the midfield in January we may well step up a touch but I don't see the former happening. 4-4-2 with the midfielders currently available is £#%&!ing daft.

Unread 10-11-2008, 09:35 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Neither Arsenal or Utd will be challenging for the title come May (unless we stop letting teams off the hook, and start defending as a team again).

If Utd get a bit of steel into the midfield in January we may well step up a touch but I don't see the former happening. 4-4-2 with the midfielders currently available is £#%&!ing daft.
To be fair we didn't have 3 midfielders fit for Satdee so we didn't have mich choice, though i suspect we may have gone with a 2 anyway.

Unread 10-11-2008, 09:44 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
To be fair we didn't have 3 midfielders fit for Satdee so we didn't have mich choice, though i suspect we may have gone with a 2 anyway.
Yeah quite probably. I'm of the opinion we need to get back to 433 until Hargreaves is fit again or another midfielder arrives. The defence is getting zero protection at the moment. Carrick won't be fully fit yet, and Anderson's drive means he is sometimes further upfield than he should be. You don't want to temper that but if he's to play I'd prefer him to be alongside Fletcher (and the pair have done very well) or a midfielder who will just sit in front of the back four and mix it when needed.

Worth noting that Eric Harrison feels if Utd were to play 3 in midfield Possebon could do the holding role now. I'm not saying he or Utd should but it's worth considering IMO. We need to become difficult to score against again, like last season.

Unread 10-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

Amen brother I'm £#%&!ing sick of it.

Why the £#%&! do you change something that isn't £#%&!ing broken?

Unread 10-11-2008, 09:47 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Yeah quite probably. I'm of the opinion we need to get back to 433 until Hargreaves is fit again or another midfielder arrives. The defence is getting zero protection at the moment. Carrick won't be fully fit yet, and Anderson's drive means he is sometimes further upfield than he should be. You don't want to temper that but if he's to play I'd prefer him to be alongside Fletcher (and the pair have done very well) or a midfielder who will just sit in front of the back four and mix it when needed.

Worth noting that Eric Harrison feels if Utd were to play 3 in midfield Possebon could do the holding role now. I'm not saying he or Utd should but it's worth considering IMO. We need to become difficult to score against again, like last season.
I thought Carrick wasn't quite right Satdee, thought he could've held a more defensive position at times given Anderson was driving us forwrad much of the time.

Unread 10-11-2008, 10:29 AM
celtbion

Quote:
I thought Carrick wasn't quite right Satdee, thought he could've held a more defensive position at times given Anderson was driving us forwrad much of the time.
The second goal is the type of one I've not seen us concede too many of in all my time following the club.

Having someone sit in front of the back four in the "Makelele" position was being done by us long before Makelele showed up on these shores.

I thought it was a bizarre goal. One of these situations where I'd actually switched off thinking he'd be clattered by someone no sooner than the pass had arrived.

Unread 10-11-2008, 10:33 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by celtbion
The second goal is the type of one I've not seen us concede too many of in all my time following the club.

Having someone sit in front of the back four in the "Makelele" position was being done by us long before Makelele showed up on these shores.

I thought it was a bizarre goal. One of these situations where I'd actually switched off thinking he'd be clattered by someone no sooner than the pass had arrived.
Yup, utterly wide open in the centre of goal. Pretty shocking tbh.

Unread 10-11-2008, 10:34 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

Suprisingly good post.

Unread 10-11-2008, 11:41 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Yup, utterly wide open in the centre of goal. Pretty shocking tbh.
great movement by walcott, took Vidic out of the way

Unread 10-11-2008, 11:54 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
we will absolute batter someone this year - the ipswich record may come under threat.
Yeah but we won £#%&! all that season as well.

Unread 10-11-2008, 12:24 PM
Baron

Quote:

Neville was dragged in & utterly, utterly roasted (again) to allow the man to turn.

Arsenal do all the things well when they are allowed to. If we defended properly they'd have got £#%&! all.
Closed Thread