United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i can see the sense in fergie playing berbs ahead of tevez. getting berbs up to speed early on in the season is crucial.

i think fergie is playing the long game here with the pair of them.
Berbatov and speed in the same sentence

I think he's playing the short game - belittle Tevez to the point where he has had a gutful of it, and has played so little that the fans won't be arsed. I'll be very surprised if he's at United next season.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I'm not criticising his sub appearances.

His performance in mid-week was nothing but shite. If you advocated him starting today instead of Berbatov, i'm not sure what the £#%&! you were watching lad.

He also did little against West Ham, Bolton.

Games he actually started.

Berbatov is more of a threat, end of. Whether it is though goals or assists.
So is anyone's who is stuck up front with giggs.

He was probably watching a high tempo game that needed hard working front players who defend from the front, not bone idle @#%&!s who can't be arsed to make a run into the box all game long.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:54 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Erm...he wasn't a sub the other night, he started.
My apologies, my memory failed me.

Unread 08-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default this thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 08:35 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Berbatov and speed in the same sentence

I think he's playing the short game - belittle Tevez to the point where he has had a gutful of it, and has played so little that the fans won't be arsed. I'll be very surprised if he's at United next season.
just for a laugh, like? why on earth would fergie want to do that?

Unread 08-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
He had a bad game, as did many other players. £#%&!ing hell. He'll be a great player for United.
i keep hearing that.

i wonder when it'll happen?

Unread 08-11-2008, 09:01 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Would this thread have been made if we'd taken our chances especially Mr Rooney, the answer is no.
yep, he hasn't proved himself good enough to start for us yet, imo.

Unread 08-11-2008, 09:02 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
I really want Berbatov to do well but today I think we could have done with more of a hustling team.

You criticise Tevez, yet he was instrumental in our our success last season and has been rewarded by by sitting on the bench.

Berbatov has yet to prove himself.

I just think it's unfair to criticise Tevez from the last couple of sub appearances. It's difficult to deserve a place in the starting 11 when you hardly play.
spot on.

£#%&! knows why the multi-quote didn't work.

maybe it's related to berbatov

Unread 08-11-2008, 10:07 PM
Alan

Quote:
just for a laugh, like? why on earth would fergie want to do that?
Because he's blown his entire transfer budget on his new toy and can't afford Tevez.

There is a reason why he is on loan - United are financially £#%&!ed.

Unread 08-11-2008, 10:15 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i keep hearing that.

i wonder when it'll happen?
It doesn't happen after a handful of games I'm afraid, especially when it was a ridiclously drawn out transfer and his first 2 games were at Anfield and Stamford Bridge.

Let him settle.

Tbh, Tevez was utter shite at Celtic, I think his confidence is £#%&!ed, but he was shite, no getting away from that.

Unread 08-11-2008, 10:19 PM
ShooterMcGavin

Tevez was our best player earlier in the season. The way Fergie has treated him since has been a complete disgrace and there's no excuse for it.

I hope Tevez finds a club and supporters who appreciate how good he actually is.

Unread 08-11-2008, 11:14 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It doesn't happen after a handful of games I'm afraid
So why is he starting nearly every game and never being subbed?

He's done nothing to deserve that kind of faith. I think only Ronnie of the current squad has the same kind of status, and he actually earned it.

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:30 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
So why is he starting nearly every game and never being subbed?

He's done nothing to deserve that kind of faith. I think only Ronnie of the current squad has the same kind of status, and he actually earned it.
yep.

i think some people have forgotten that we won the premiership & champions league with rooney and tevez upfront. tbh, the way tevez has been cast aside to make way for berbatov is a disgrace. he should've been on the bench until he had proven his worth.

and your absolutely right about him never getting subbed. is anyone going to try and defend/justify why rooney was taken off instead of berbatov today? ok, rooney didn't have his best game, but at least he was involved in trying to make things happen.

tevez hasn't played well this season. it's hardly a surprise given the way he's been treated. his confidence is shot and he needs a consistent run of games in the side like berbatov has enjoyed before we will see him reach the form of last season. sadly, that isn't going to happen and i think we are a worse team and less of an attacking threat as a result.

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:43 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Because he's blown his entire transfer budget on his new toy and can't afford Tevez.

There is a reason why he is on loan - United are financially £#%&!ed.
sorry, i dont understand. you're saying that fergie isn't playing tevez because we're in debt? surely it's more thrifty to play him and win a trophy??

berbatov was bought a replacement for saha, who would have been our main striker had he been made of bone.

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:51 AM
Tumescent Throb

the reason Tevez is on loan is because he's got a two year loan deal with an option for both parties to make the move permanent

don't see the problem with Rooney being subbed at all tbh. he is potentially a match-winner. didn't look it today at any point, though.

Berbatov's movement and link up play is top class.

special mention as well today for Rafael's excellent positional play.

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:59 AM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
the reason Tevez is on loan is because he's got a two year loan deal with an option for both parties to make the move permanent

don't see the problem with Rooney being subbed at all tbh. he is potentially a match-winner. didn't look it today at any point, though.

Berbatov's movement and link up play is top class.

special mention as well today for Rafael's excellent positional play.
both in attack and defence. he took that position, the one where he scored, before when giggles hit that croos at the 'keeper. he's a very clever kid, our kid

Unread 09-11-2008, 02:30 AM
Alan

Quote:
sorry, i dont understand. you're saying that fergie isn't playing tevez because we're in debt? surely it's more thrifty to play him and win a trophy??

berbatov was bought a replacement for saha, who would have been our main striker had he been made of bone.
What bit don't you get?

Tevez is on loan - i.e. easily disposed of at no cost.

Berbatov cost £30 million.

United are just a bit skint.

Clearly, there is no money to sign Tevez permanently, so rather than suddenly lose an integral part of the team and alert even total mongs to United's financial peril, it's much better to belittle his contribution, piss him off and wait for him to say he wants to leave to get first team football and then say 'we tried to keep Carlos but he wanted first team football - still we have the boy Manucho and some other reserves who cost nowt and are shit'......

You just don't treat someone who has been an integral part of a superb season the way ferie has treated Tevez unless you want to £#%&! him right off.

Unread 09-11-2008, 02:59 AM
wonky no

Quote:
What bit don't you get?

Clearly, there is no money to sign Tevez permanently, so rather than suddenly lose an integral part of the team and alert even total mongs to United's financial peril, it's much better to belittle his contribution, piss him off and wait for him to say he wants to leave to get first team football and then say 'we tried to keep Carlos but he wanted first team football - still we have the boy Manucho and some other reserves who cost nowt and are shit'......

You just don't treat someone who has been an integral part of a superb season the way ferie has treated Tevez unless you want to £#%&! him right off.
alan, i'm sorry pal but that's biggest load of made up, fergie bashing, paranoid shite i've ever heard. we might not sign him, we might not want to get involved with his owners, we might not be able to afford him but one thing is for sure, fergie wont be party to seeing him rot on the bench for financial reasons ffs!

as for cheap and shite. possebon and the twins look half decent and manucho has a chance. i wish people would stop trying to out think fergie, stop making up fanciful stories to beat him with.

we're going for our 18th title and 4th european cup, who would you put your money on to get us there?

i understand it's berbs turn, carrick must be as relieved as rooney was a couple of seasons previous and as for rio.............

Unread 09-11-2008, 03:38 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
What bit don't you get?

if you hadn't made all that %@#$&!s up i'd say ycnmiu

clearly, you haven't got a clue whether or not Tevez will actually end up signing a permanent deal or not. but i'd expect that any permanent deal agreed now would be torn up should Tevez get injured - or dead or something equally grim - during the remainder of his loan period. kind of makes actually signing a deal right now a bit pointless. a verbal agreement in principle is clearly in place by all accounts.

as an aside, it's amazing how the perpetually bewildered who were slating United for not improving a winning team in the summer are now slating them for improving a winning team.

people can often be heard pining for the days when United had four strikers. they conveniently forget that two of them were hardly ever first choice when they were all fit.

Tevez is a terrific player, as is Rooney. one of them will sit out most of the games, the other will sit out a lot less. they should both watch Berbatov while they're sat on their arses.

hey, only my opinion.

Unread 09-11-2008, 04:53 AM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
they should both watch Berbatov while they're sat on their arses.

hey, only my opinion.
Laughable. Berbatov could learn a bit about hard work from both of them. And despite both of them being younger than him they've won more than him so he's the one who needs to learn a thing or two about playing for United.

Unread 09-11-2008, 05:21 AM
wonky no

Quote:
if you hadn't made all that %@#$&!s up i'd say ycnmiu

clearly, you haven't got a clue whether or not Tevez will actually end up signing a permanent deal or not. but i'd expect that any permanent deal agreed now would be torn up should Tevez get injured - or dead or something equally grim - during the remainder of his loan period. kind of makes actually signing a deal right now a bit pointless. a verbal agreement in principle is clearly in place by all accounts.

as an aside, it's amazing how the perpetually bewildered who were slating United for not improving a winning team in the summer are now slating them for improving a winning team.

people can often be heard pining for the days when United had four strikers. they conveniently forget that two of them were hardly ever first choice when they were all fit.

Tevez is a terrific player, as is Rooney. one of them will sit out most of the games, the other will sit out a lot less. they should both watch Berbatov while they're sat on their arses.

hey, only my opinion.
i agree with most of that except i think we need a 4th striker and to be honest i don't care how many games each one gets as long as we're winning games and the dressingroom in in order.

no odd socks
Closed Thread