United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:41 PM
Ginners

its not just the lack of goals, he just shows no effort in games, luckily most sides we play we dominate and it goes unnoticed, in games like these it gets magnified. it wouldnt be so bad if there wasnt a clause in his contract that says he cant be subbed.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:41 PM
rebelcountyred

didn't think that berbatov had a bad game today, don't think there would have been anyone on here slagging him off if we had got a result today, we deserved to at least get a draw today, rooney on another day would have buried that excellent chance in the first half, likewise ronaldo in the second half.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:51 PM
Whalefish

I don't think Rooney's a natural finisher so I think we have to take his chances in front of goal as they come. He'll go through a phase where he scores a bunch then another phase where he does things like today. Shit happens.

I thought with Berbatov arriving it'd allow him to play a bit deeper but that's not happening. If Rooney is still to play as the number 9 or the one through the middle, like he did do last season, I'd sooner have Tevez as the number 10 in away games like today.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:59 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I don't think Rooney's a natural finisher so I think we have to take his chances in front of goal as they come. He'll go through a phase where he scores a bunch then another phase where he does things like today. Shit happens.

I thought with Berbatov arriving it'd allow him to play a bit deeper but that's not happening. If Rooney is still to play as the number 9 or the one through the middle, like he did do last season, I'd sooner have Tevez as the number 10 in away games like today.
Spot on.

I was told by a Spurs fan that Berbatov can play as an orthodox, (excuse the pun) 9 and the @#%&! Keane was the 10 for them, but he just plays way too deep. Even last season United needed a finisher at times because you can't rely on Ronaldo every game.

He needs dropping for a few games and shaking up a bit, and as you say, you need more workrate away from home, especially in big games.

It seems to me though as if the manager is scared of %@#$&!ing him and almost thinks he's beyond criticism.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Pop

Should have gone for Huntelaar IMO.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:12 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Spot on.

I was told by a Spurs fan that Berbatov can play as an orthodox, (excuse the pun) 9 and the @#%&! Keane was the 10 for them, but he just plays way too deep. Even last season United needed a finisher at times because you can't rely on Ronaldo every game.

He needs dropping for a few games and shaking up a bit, and as you say, you need more workrate away from home, especially in big games.

It seems to me though as if the manager is scared of %@#$&!ing him and almost thinks he's beyond criticism.
you almost had me in agreement til this.

ffs,he's played barely a dozen matches and people are writing him off already.

my tuppence worth is that we played pretty good today, just didn't take our chances.

berbie was not great in the cl as well as today. he needs time, he was developing a fantastic understanding with rooney and then the white pele was dropped after a bit of petulance in the everton game. big mistake.

i love tevez too, but to think he would've made much of a difference in today's game is a bit far-fetched. too much rotation too early in the season is my deduction for our sudden dip in prowess in front of goal. rio seems out of sorts for the last few games, imo too. must've been starstruck after being photo'd by tosee.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:24 PM
Rhodzy

Would this thread have been made if we'd taken our chances especially Mr Rooney, the answer is no.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:30 PM
Whip Hubley

ridiculous thread. he created enough today; we were very wasteful.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:35 PM
Part 36 Offer

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:01 PM
puressence

when something didnt really need fixing ie rooney tevez ronnie ..why £#%&! about with it

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:09 PM
Coracao

Get Tevez on, he was superb the other night

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:13 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
After a frustrated spell on the sidelines

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:17 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
After a frustrated spell on the sidelines
Not sure what you're getting at

He has done nothing recently to merit a place in the first 11 *

* I expect to be attacked by his bum boys :shakehead:

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:19 PM
Alan

Quote:

How many opportunities has he had to prove this since Ferie's new toy arrived?

Does last season count for nothing?

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:22 PM
Why Don?

Quote:

I really want Berbatov to do well but today I think we could have done with more of a hustling team.

You criticise Tevez, yet he was instrumental in our our success last season and has been rewarded by by sitting on the bench.

Berbatov has yet to prove himself.

I just think it's unfair to criticise Tevez from the last couple of sub appearances. It's difficult to deserve a place in the starting 11 when you hardly play.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:23 PM
wonky no

i can see the sense in fergie playing berbs ahead of tevez. getting berbs up to speed early on in the season is crucial. supposing berbs gets an injury. it wouldn't be the end of the world because we have tevez as a proven replacement. the flip side of the coin is berbs filling the boots of carlos without enough games under his belt and in his first season of playing champions league and top 4 premier league standard football.

i think fergie is playing the long game here with the pair of them.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:28 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I really want Berbatov to do well but today I think we could have done with more of a hustling team.

You criticise Tevez, yet he was instrumental in our our success last season and has been rewarded by by sitting on the bench.

Berbatov has yet to prove himself.

I just think it's unfair to criticise Tevez from the last couple of sub appearances. It's difficult to deserve a place in the starting 11 when you hardly play.
I'm not criticising his sub appearances.

His performance in mid-week was nothing but shite. If you advocated him starting today instead of Berbatov, i'm not sure what the £#%&! you were watching lad.

He also did little against West Ham, Bolton.

Games he actually started.

Berbatov is more of a threat, end of. Whether it is though goals or assists.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:30 PM
Why Don?

Quote:
I'm not criticising his sub appearances.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Erm...he wasn't a sub the other night, he started.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:43 PM
Ashley's Grime

Berbatov's laziness reminds me of Veron.
Closed Thread