United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Jack Duckworth

Default Berbatov

he's been shit in the big games for us so far. please don't let the fact that he has an excellent first touch stop you from thinking that.

he was anonymous in the 2nd half today.

i've been really disappointed with him so far, tbh.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Alan

He will turn out to the biggest waste of money signing ever.

I hate him already.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

I hate him already.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:09 PM
ShooterMcGavin

Assists at Chelsea and Liverpool say otherwise @#%&!balls.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Ether

Careful, someone will have a go at you for not appreciating him. He flatters to deceive against good sides where he can't just stroll about and do everything at his own pace.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:

I hate him already.
And you were the one screaming out for us to sign a striker. Who did you have in mind?

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:11 PM
Why Don?

Tevez would have been the better starter for me today with the luxury of hindsight.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Careful, someone will have a go at you for not appreciating him. He flatters to deceive against good sides where he can't just stroll about and do everything at his own pace.
co £#%&!ing sign.

tell my friends the same thing.

but the lil' flicks and fancy touches have a tendency to fool peeps.

same could be said for some like Ibrahimovich(sp?).

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
Billy Baroo

£#%&! me

he had a poor game

that is all

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
And you were the one screaming out for us to sign a striker. Who did you have in mind?
He's clearly not a striker though, that's the problem.

How many times today did United break, then the man with the ball looks up and the bone idle @#%&! is wandering about in midfield? £#%&!ing countless times.

He may have no.9 on his back but he's anything but. He has to mix his game up and attack crosses and run the channels more often, otherwise he is a totally pointless addition to the squad because there are already 2 'strikers' who play from deep as it is.

I've never seen a player as dis-interested in digging in and fighting for the cause as him when the chips are down. He's an utter shithouse, and what's more his obscene fee will entrench him into the side for years.

As for who else, well I'm not a scout but clearly Benzema would have been perfect.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
naes_sean

every match at United is a big match.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:22 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
He's clearly not a striker though, that's the problem.

How many times today did United break, then the man with the ball looks up and the bone idle @#%&! is wandering about in midfield? £#%&!ing countless times.

He may have no.9 on his back but he's anything but. He has to mix his game up and attack crosses and run the channels more often, otherwise he is a totally pointless addition to the squad because there are already 2 'strikers' who play from deep as it is.

I've never seen a player as dis-interested in digging in and fighting for the cause as him when the chips are down. He's an utter shithouse, and what's more his obscene fee will entrench him into the side for years.

As for who else, well I'm not a scout but clearly Benzema would have been perfect.
dont let the fact that he wasn't for sale get in the way

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Argentina

£#%&! off. This from 'Scapegoats R us'

Let's look at Rooney's raw input into the 3 'big' games. 0 goals, 0 assists

Berbatov's - 0 goals, 2 assists.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:24 PM
ShooterMcGavin

Rooney was shit but that goes without saying. He's always shit.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Tiberian

Berbatov is a luxury and he has not yet earned the right to start these type of games. The way he turned his back on the Nasri shot infuriated me.Show a bit of courage and commitment at a tough ground, but no he makes a hash of the header then does not really try to block the shot. Tha led to the deflection and goal. Unforgivable in that situation.

There is a complacency running through the team at the moment, players are buying into their own hype. Fletcher has stood out this season because he has given 100% an clearly tried to improve himself, and he was badly missed today.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Sparky***

I said before he signed he would be an expensive luxury and that's exactly what he is. Totally pointless having him on the park today if he's going to be standing in the centre circle when we're losing 2-1 with 93 mins on the clock. We need him in the 18 yard area ready to eat up loose balls or get on the end of crosses.

I was expecting the alamo after we got that goal today, but it never materialised, we just couldn't get the ball into the right areas to hurt them.

And Tevez, yes remember him, the player that dug us out of the shit time after time last season, came on and put in more effort in 10 mins that Berbatov did in the whole 2nd half.

Come whatever this season I'm going to say this now: we've sacrificed a huge amount of what won us 2 trophies last year to shoehorn that £#%&!ing showpony into our team. Same principle applies to Neville. Trying to fit him back into the team has been a disaster, Wes Brown must feel like a lepar or something. Nothing we've changed has made the team any stronger at all. And I know it's been said 1000 times before but Carlos Queiroz leaving and being replaced by Phelan is like replacing a Mercedes with a Nissan Micra.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
dont let the fact that he wasn't for sale get in the way
Operative word being 'would'

Although I'd have been interested to have seen what Lyon would have done with a £30m offer on the table.

Regardless of that though, it doesn't mean signing Berbatov was United's only option, surely? A proper no.9 is what was/is needed.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:36 PM
MUFC One Love

He had a bad game, as did many other players. £#%&!ing hell. He'll be a great player for United. Rooney missed a couple of chances today, one of which was a sitter.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:37 PM
ShooterMcGavin

Tevez. Scorer of countless late goals last season reminiscent only of Cantona. Remembered and acknowledged only by myself. United legend. Treated disgracefully my manager and fans alike. Good luck at your new club Carlos. I will always be grateful and will never forget.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Argentina

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterMcGavin
Tevez. Scorer of countless late goals last season reminiscent only of Cantona. Remembered and acknowledged only by myself. United legend. Treated disgracefully my manager and fans alike. Good luck at your new club Carlos. I will always be grateful and will never forget.
Spot on. Unbelievable the way someone can say that Park is in the team for his industry and hard work and Tevez is on the bench
Closed Thread