United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Rafael was brilliant when he came on so much drive and energy. He backs that up with excellent technique and imagination in his passing. With his level of ability I wonder if he will stay a full back though.

Neville struggled badly, nasri turned him inside out and he was constantly struggling with the pace. Add to that a nervousness on the ball and he was especially targetted by Arsenal.
He was telling the team to get going at one point, a 18 yr old lad telling European Champions to get going. Unreal.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:06 PM
hopkins

Gary Neville will still be playing at right-back for us next season
Confirmed

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:07 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
It's not a knee jerk. I don't do knee jerks.

He's got nothing to offer the team anymore. Age is against him and when you've been out of the game at his age for '2 weeks' it's hard to come back.
well i disagree.

i still think he has alot to offer.

and is our no.1 RB with Rafael a close second now.

plus Rafa needs Nevs for that extra bit of experience.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
well i disagree.

But he can only play 60 minutes. WTF?

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
wiganste

Quote:
well i disagree.

Well we disagree on a couple of things then because I think Wes is our number 1 right back.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gruber
young rafael showed from the minute he came on who should be the first choice at rb
did he whisper 'Wes Brown' to him as he came on?

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Well we disagree on a couple of things then because I think Wes is our number 1 right back.
Wes has been one of worst defenders this season.

that's why he hardly starts anymore.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:14 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Wes has been one of worst defenders this season.

that's why he hardly starts anymore.
Or maybe because he's currently injured?

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:16 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Rafael's positioning was poor
Indeed.

He made a few excellent tackles and interceptions when he came on.

Positiong poor compared to whom?

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

gary neville can still be a decent prem league defender unfortunatley not at uniteds level

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:19 PM
Tronics

wig - when fit he was still in and out of the team despite starting for England inbetween.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:21 PM
Zorg

Rafael and Tevez on from the start and United would have won.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Whalefish

It was interesting to see Neville lunge in half a dozen times and completely miss the player and ball. A criticism levelled at Rafael due to his experience. How old is Gary?

He is an exciting talent and needs games. Not just games against poor Premiership opposition.

I felt sorry for Gary today, embarassed too often.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
wig - when fit he was still in and out of the team despite starting for England inbetween.
because they were trying to get neville some match fitness and blood rafael

in big games away from him, if fit wes will start

he would have browned that nasri early and he wouldn't have fancied it as much after that

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Rafael was brilliant when he came on so much drive and energy. He backs that up with excellent technique and imagination in his passing. With his level of ability I wonder if he will stay a full back though.

Neville struggled badly, nasri turned him inside out and he was constantly struggling with the pace. Add to that a nervousness on the ball and he was especially targetted by Arsenal.
Rafael also backs it up with outstanding reading of the play

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Albert Tatlock

Turtle > Power

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:33 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Baroo
because they were trying to get neville some match fitness and blood rafael

in big games away from him, if fit wes will start

he would have browned that nasri early and he wouldn't have fancied it as much after that
cool.

but Brown is a liability which ever way you look at it.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Rafael also backs it up with outstanding reading of the play
Stop trying to prove your point TT

Rafael is a special talent, the fact that Fergie is putting him in so early is testament to that. He is very instinctual in his play, not afraid to tackle or most importantly keep the ball under presssure. He will make mistakes, the first 20 mins at Celtic he was poor, but his potential is so great we can overlook them

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:37 PM
Billy Baroo

Quote:
cool.

i look at it with the fact that he was £#%&!ing brilliant last year when we won those pots in mind

he is far from a liability. he has come back from several career threatening injuries and still plays with total commitment

it would be nice to see some recognition and loyalty to these players

neville is a different matter, physically he won't get back to where he needs to be which will be a very sad way for the best english right back in my lifetime to peter out his career

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:39 PM
Alan

Quote:
cool.

How?

How do you explain United having the best defence in the league last season then, with him as an integral part?

Going forward and passing wise he's not the greatest but defensively he's pretty solid and improved as the season went on as he got used to the position.
Closed Thread