United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Sparky***

Default Our defence this season.

Has been very, very suspect at times. The bedrock of our success for 2 seasons has suddenly just gone to pot. So many lax performances. Against Liverpool, Everton in the 2nd half, against Hull and now the shocker against Arsenal. What the hell has gone wrong? We need to go back to the training ground and sort some shit out because it's costing us big time given that the front lot aren't performing.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:44 PM
keano's love

I was just going to post a new topic with title, "Queiroz gone, Defence too?"

motwyw

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:45 PM
Sloppy

Rios deffo carrying a knock.Rafael has to be over neville.

MUFC One Love

Looks to me like to many of the players think they're the dog %@#$&!s. I'm sorry but yeah we did the double, but, this may sound knee-jerk but we'll win £#%&! all this season if we continue this. Far to complacent all over the pitch.

rebelcountyred

vds has been prone to poor decisions, clearances, kickouts for the past two seasons, we got away with it at times last season but not so lucky this season, i think he's a little past it. Gary neville is but a shadow of the player he was before his injury, thought rio and nemanja did ok today though.

plopborsky

6 goals in the last 3 games is a £#%&!ing joke

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:47 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Looks to me like to many of the players think they're the dog %@#$&!s. I'm sorry but yeah we did the double, but, this may sound knee-jerk but we'll win £#%&! all this season if we continue this. Far to complacent all over the pitch.
Agreed. Happened in 99/00 as well though.

Just suprised it's our centre backs, always been solid.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:54 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
vds has been prone to poor decisions, clearances, kickouts for the past two seasons, we got away with it at times last season but not so lucky this season, i think he's a little past it. Gary neville is but a shadow of the player he was before his injury, thought rio and nemanja did ok today though.
yep agree with that. i don't think Rio and Vidic have total confiidence in VDS and to a certain extent that is affecting their game as well. The nature of the game today, being so open, left our centre backs vulnerable with little protection. Was the same for them but they looked far more dangerous in those situations.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Gruber

Vidic to me has looked out of sorts all season.

He seems to be over committing himself an awful lot and is going far to early for everything

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

The writing was on the wall after the Hull peformance.

The problem is too many stupid tackles are being made and that's giving the opposition the oppertunity to pump balls in the box when VDS is shite at crosses/corners/free kicks. Defenders should not get as tight.

Plus Neville is back and i feel that is on the mind of the others in defence because he's finished.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Tronics

concentration just seems to be off with Vidic and Rio for some reason.

they'll play well for 70mins but then #@&%! it up after that.

but i still think VDS plays a huge role in this.

his shaky performances have a knack for impacting on the defence.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:01 PM
Tiberian

Less cover from midfield and Berbatov ahead of Tevez means that it is easier to play through us. The second goal today was far too easy , little pressure on the ball from midfield.

Having said that the defence are not playing well as individuals or as a unit. VDS had another nervous game in a big match, Rio is down on pace, the right back situation is a problem and Vidic has struggled al season.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

you would have thought since vds's heroics in the cl final he would be b#@&%! with confidence this season .
i hate calling anyone ungenuine but he does lack a bit of bravery seem terrified to get hurt and that in a goalkeeper will cause all kinds of problems .
he doesn't command the box anymore bit of a shame really but i'd replace him with either of our other two keepers in a heartbeat.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:27 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
There's few teams have to defend as deep as us from set pieces.

Normally teams have that bit of confidence in their keeper to patrol the box, not us.

He unsettles the defence and should be gone.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:32 PM
Sparky***

It also doesn't help that the major tactical thinker in the management staff for the last few years is now in charge of portugal.

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:31 PM
Rhodzy

Our defence will probably cost us the league, it's a shambles atm. Evans deserves a chance alongside Rio.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:45 PM
MJ Ramone

Defence??

Vidic was ok for the most part today.

Rio played well.

Evra was very good.

Gary Nev was shocking....as in REALLY bad. There was a ridiculous moment in the second half where he had a stupid effort at goal when if he'd controlled it & got his head up he could have picked out any number of players.
He was hooked not long afterwards.

Rafael's enthusiasm is great to watch & his goal was sublime. Still unproven of course...Personally I'd never have dropped WEs in the first place but there you go.

Edwin was a liability but could do nothing for either goal.

We look really vulnerable every time teams come at us at the minute.
Not a good sign.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Defence??

Vidic was ok for the most part today.

Rio played well.

Evra was very good.

Gary Nev was shocking....as in REALLY bad. There was a ridiculous moment in the second half where he had a stupid effort at goal when if he'd controlled it & got his head up he could have picked out any number of players.

Rafael's enthusiasm is great to watch & his goal was sublime. Still unproven of course...Personally I'd never have dropped WEs in the first place but there you go.

Edwin was a liability but could do nothing for either goal.

We look really vulnerable every time teams come at us at the minute.
Not a good sign.
Brown is injured mate. I know he's been rotated to give Neville a game but he's injured atm.

The midfield is just wide open at the moment, and with Berbatov instead of Tevez, as Tiberian said, United are too easy to play through.

It appears that Hargreaves is a write-off for the whole season so how about playing Anderson, Fletcher and Carrick across the midfield, using the fullbacks for width?

4-3-3 worked great the last 2 seasons but we're seeing more and more 4-4-2 which just doesn't suit United anymore.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
That was awful. Why do full backs always do that? He had time to bring it down and look up.

By the way, 'hooked'

Unread 08-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Nero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
That was awful. Why do full backs always do that? He had time to bring it down and look up.

By the way, 'hooked'
Subbed
Closed Thread