United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:51 PM
Sloppy

Scored too late.Any earlier i think it wouldve been different.That stoppage certainly helped them we were all over them at that point.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:52 PM
hopkins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Can someone please let Fergie know that he's allowed to sub Berbie. It's getting beyond a joke now.
He's spent 32m on a new toy and he will use it, no matter what, even at the expense of they type of player needed in this kind of game, ie Rooney and Tevez

Gary, please collect your P45 on the way out

Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

Time to forget football exists for a few days.
Complete blackout for me too, its going to be a £#%&!fest isn't it!

Ginners

Quote:
Can someone please let Fergie know that he's allowed to sub Berbie. It's getting beyond a joke now.
:shakehead: he was terrible today, i dont think he could tackle a 5 year old. wazza was shit today as well, but id rather have kept him on than berbie because he is always likely to do something special, whereas berbie when the shit hits the fan goes awol.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
I don't think anyone would be good enough to play in a 2 man midfield alongside Carrick while he's putting in one of the worst midfield shifts I've ever seen from him
Possibly.

But I'm afraid Anderson is £#%&!ing pathetic when it comes to passing the ball forwards or doing anything in the attacking third, he runs around a lot, but not really quick enough to prevent the opposition passing it around him and his positional sense is non-existent. He's got a lot to £#%&!ing learn to be a useful player for us, he's gone £#%&!ing backwards since Christmas.

None of that is reactionary, it is an opinion borne of watching him for the last year.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:55 PM
Sloppy

I thought Park played well today too.Hustled and got involved.Helped evra out on the left side.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
:shakehead: he was terrible today, i dont think he could tackle a 5 year old. wazza was shit today as well, but id rather have kept him on than berbie because he is always likely to do something special, whereas berbie when the shit hits the fan goes awol.
Berbie was just like he has been in our other big games. Some nice touches but ultimately ineffective.

If you're needing 2 goals, surely giving the strikeforce that won us the double last year is the obvious option? Can't understand that substitution.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Berbie was just like he has been in our other big games. Some nice touches but ultimately ineffective.

If you're needing 2 goals, surely giving the strikeforce that won us the double last year is the obvious option? Can't understand that substitution.
He was pissing me off near the end he was on the half way line all the time.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:57 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
I thought Park played well today too.Hustled and got involved.Helped evra out on the left side.
Park was excellent, our best player easily. Paddy was exceptional as ever.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:58 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

fergie seems to have a mental blackout as far as berbie is concerned maybe he needs reminding that last years strike force won us the prem/champs league double .
i thought a strike force rotation would involve him aswell

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:00 PM
Gruber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horst_ Bucholst
maybe he needs reminding that last years strike force won us the prem/champs league double .
:
I was thinking exactly the same thing all the way through the second half. Berbatov was decent enough in the first half, but I'd rather he was subbed and rooney stayed on.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:02 PM
ShooterMcGavin

1 point from the 3 big away games. Simply not good enough. Watch them back and I have no idea how we didnt win them all.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:04 PM
Tronics

Berbs is good when he's good but shit when he's shit lol..

i think we all knew that when he signed.

but he's our only out and out centre forward.

but i think this loss may force SAF into letting Tevez play with Rooney like last season.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:18 PM
Tiberian

That is the type of game berbatov has to prove that his is a Utd player. Goals against teams like Aalborg and Celtic are all well and good, but it is how you react in the pressure situations that defines top players. Chasing the game and he shows a complete lack of urgency and aggression. It may be his syle but it is exceptionally frustrating to watch. He has to want it more than that, Look at Evra and Park, both showed the right attitude.

Overall it was a strange game, very good going forward, and though we had periods of dominance in possession we were never truly in control. We had the chances to be 3 up before they scored, but we looked fragile from crossed balls, which is very strange against Arsenal.

Utd have problems.
Closed Thread