United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-11-2008, 11:06 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Why all the negativity? Honestly, you'd think we've been rubbish all season. Fuzzyism's really catching on.
We've yet to put in a good performance over 90 minutes. Villarreal, Liverpool, Chelsea - we've failed to beat every decent side we've played, were bullied out the game at Goodison and have failed to hold on to a lead in numerous games. Add to that our wastefulness in front of goal and inability to kill teams off when we're dominating.

We look no ware near as good as last season.

Unread 07-11-2008, 11:07 AM
WindowLicker

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Foster
G Nev(unless Wes is fit)
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Fletch
Carrick
Anderson
Ronnie
Rooney
Berbie

Yup :monkey:

Unread 07-11-2008, 11:07 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
. One positive from the Celtic game was we improved in the 2nd half, something we hadn't done all season.

I don't think that's true. West Brom? Bolton?

Unread 07-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Tumescent Throb

8 wins and 2 draws from 10, and Carrick now back in the middle

we've played some fantastic attacking football and been very solid at the back in the main

some uncharacteristic £#%&! ups at the back at Goodison once Everton got on top of Giggs and moved up as a team in the 2nd half, and getting caught out in cruise mode against an excellent adventurous Hull team should not detract from that

anyway, for me the team virtually picks itself against Arsenal, and that means Rafael at full-back where he's been fantastic. his confidence to keep wanting the ball, keep getting involved and not being scared off by the odd positional error is very very good to see.

the only choice to make, given Carrick and Fletcher in midfield, is whether it'll be Nani, Giggs or Park. I'd choose Giggs personally, for his undoubted class and big game experience, and for the options he brings as well.

VDS
Rafael
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Fletcher
Carrick
Giggs
Ronaldo
Rooney
Berbatov

Unread 07-11-2008, 12:58 PM
Ginners

foster

rafael
rio
vidic
evra

ronny
fletcher
carrick
nani

berbie
wazza

Unread 07-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Sadly I think they'll beat us. They've been written off all week and even missing a striker or two (the lad with the shit haircut is apparently fit) they'll boss the game (when they shouldn't) and probably win by a couple of goals. Captain Gallas to cry as he heads one of them in.

We should be beating them 4-0 tomorrow but I'll be quite happy to eat my own shit if we pick up three points. Just have a feeling we'll go there riddled with fear and try to contain an out of sorts Arsenal.

As for the team, I'm not that arsed. Berbatov, Rooney and Ronaldo have to play. Wes is out for a couple of weeks so Red News were saying and Neville had (or has) a bit of a knock. I suspect the latter was just rested midweek though, can't play 2/3 games every week like he used to.
This makes so much sense. I have been nervous all £#%&!ing week about this game.

I fully expect us to lose as well. I too am happy to eat my own shit should I proved wrong. I just can't see us winning.

Unread 07-11-2008, 01:07 PM
Withers

Van der Sar

O'Shea
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Fletcher
Anderson

Ronaldo
Berbatov
Rooney

Unread 07-11-2008, 01:16 PM
Dr Gonzo

I'd like to see Rafael start if Wes is still injured.

His crossing is pretty good and I don't forsee any 'end of United career game' outcome a la John Curtis 97/98 season.

Terrific prospect !

Unread 07-11-2008, 01:18 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Gonzo
I'd like to see Rafael start if Wes is still injured.

His crossing is pretty good and I don't forsee any 'end of United career game' outcome a la John Curtis 97/98 season.

Terrific prospect !
agreed. if wes and 2 weeks are out then he HAS to start.

starting o'shit is a recipe for disaster

Unread 07-11-2008, 01:23 PM
Coracao

We should be getting at them, they're shite at the back.

.................................VDS

Neville........Rio.........Vidic..............Evra

Ronaldo......Fletcher.....Carrick........Park

..........Rooney.......Berbatov

I'd play Park due to the fact that I believe Arsenal's biggest threat will be down the right hand side if Walcott is fit.

Unread 07-11-2008, 01:29 PM
Ether

Rafa should start for me. Arsenal aren't generally a team that that are always looking to beat the full backs and get balls in, so I don't think any defensive naivety he might have will be too much of a problem. And if we go with Carrick, Fletch and Ando his attacking prowess makes up somewhat for the loss of a proper wide midfielder, and takes some of the pressure off Evra.

Midfield's a toughie too though. Anderson has to play for me, and was rested on tuesday with this game in mind imo. And Carrick too obviously. You can't leave out Fletch either as he's been brilliant lately, and usually is against Arsenal, but so has Nani. And we all know that Fergie has a fondness for using Park in these big away games, so he has to come into the equation too. Some very tough decisions to be made there. Rest of the team picks itself, obviously.

And I too have a horrible feeling we're going to lose. You'd think it was a decent time to play Arsenal as they're in shit form and missing a few players, but I hate playing teams at what's supposed to be the 'perfect time'. Always seems to backfire.

Unread 07-11-2008, 01:35 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Rafa should start for me. Arsenal aren't generally a team that that are always looking to beat the full backs and get balls in, so I don't think any defensive naivety he might have will be too much of a problem. And if we go with Carrick, Fletch and Ando his attacking prowess makes up somewhat for the loss of a proper wide midfielder, and takes some of the pressure off Evra.

Midfield's a toughie too though. Anderson has to play for me, and was rested on tuesday with this game in mind imo. And Carrick too obviously. You can't leave out Fletch either as he's been brilliant lately, and usually is against Arsenal, but so has Nani. And we all know that Fergie has a fondness for using Park in these big away games, so he has to come into the equation too. Some very tough decisions to be made there. Rest of the team picks itself, obviously.

And I too have a horrible feeling we're going to lose. You'd think it was a decent time to play Arsenal as they're in shit form and missing a few players, but I hate playing teams at what's supposed to be the 'perfect time'. Always seems to backfire.
Good post that.

Yeah I don't buy into this 'perfect time' %@#$&!s either. Wenger has lost it, both first choice strikers out, shite at the back blah blah blah. They will be well up for tomorrow. We can't afford to give the ball away willy nilly like we did first half on wednesday night. We are good enough to win there but I have a bad feeling.

Unread 07-11-2008, 01:48 PM
Part 36 Offer

VDS

Neville - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Carrick - Anderson

Park - Berbatov - Ronaldo

Rooney

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:00 PM
Baron

No one going for Tevez to start?

Me neither, he's been out of sorts... so I hope he comes on & scores the winner tomorrow, just can't start him at the moment with his inability to pass early & trying so desperately hard.

VDS

2 Weeks - supposedly definitely back...
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Carrick
Anderson

Ronaldo
Rooney
Giggs

Berbatov

Might seem a bit strong dropping Fletcher but considering he rested Anderson the other night I can see him starting. & he's done really, really well against the Gooners when he's played. Need that bite & class as well, Fletchers long range passing is far too easy to read & he still dallies a bit.

Which brings me onto Giggs... he'll inevitably get pushed inside to where Rooney should be, Rooney will get pushed to the left wing & we'll all wish Nani could make the right choices & not be a £#%&!ing #@&%!. A talented, enigmatic #@&%! but still a #@&%!. & not to be trusted starting away to Arsenal.

We'll rely on Ronaldo to get through the middle, the side will be unbalanced but luckily Arsenal are playing shit & will poo themselves with Ronnie & Berbatov & their midfield is woefully shy of tracking back.

Should be a tight-ish win, probably 2-0 I think with a Ronaldo brace for a change.

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:05 PM
Part 36 Offer

Neville is definitely starting.

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:21 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Neville is definitely starting.
good. not the game for young Rafael I think.

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
good. not the game for young Rafael I think.
Agreed.

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:26 PM
Lok

I'd like to see:

Foster/VDS (I don't really think it'll make much difference)

Whoever's fit!---Rio---Vidic---Evra

Ronaldo--Carrick---Fletcher---Park

Rooney---Berbatov

I personally think that is our strongest team. I know that Nani will probably one day go on to be a superstar but now isn't his time.

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
8 wins and 2 draws from 10, and Carrick now back in the middle

we've played some fantastic attacking football and been very solid at the back in the main

some uncharacteristic £#%&! ups at the back at Goodison once Everton got on top of Giggs and moved up as a team in the 2nd half, and getting caught out in cruise mode against an excellent adventurous Hull team should not detract from that

anyway, for me the team virtually picks itself against Arsenal, and that means Rafael at full-back where he's been fantastic. his confidence to keep wanting the ball, keep getting involved and not being scared off by the odd positional error is very very good to see.

the only choice to make, given Carrick and Fletcher in midfield, is whether it'll be Nani, Giggs or Park. I'd choose Giggs personally, for his undoubted class and big game experience, and for the options he brings as well.

VDS
Rafael
Ferdinand
Vidic
Evra
Fletcher
Carrick
Giggs
Ronaldo
Rooney
Berbatov

Giggs won't be playing, there's no way he will start. And he shouldn't either given his performance on Wednesday.

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:31 PM
Ether

I can't see Giggs starting 2 big games in a week. Especially as he played 90 mins.
Closed Thread