United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:30 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
last season is irrelevant. ok theyre top of the league ill give you that, but theyve had a lot easier games than us for example.

£#%&!ing chelsea :shakehead:
They a top quality team, do you really not think so? Sure, they're still not much to watch, but it's about results.

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:31 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Both ourselves and Chelsea are better sides.
agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
They're playing FC Basel ... They're the champions league equivalent of Chester City.
agree

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:34 PM
wonky no

champions of england (hardest league in the world) champions of europe.

they arn't a patch on us. is nelson playing?

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:35 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
They a top quality team, do you really not think so? Sure, they're still not much to watch, but it's about results.
they get good results, but to say theyre as good or better than us/barca is ridiculous imo

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:37 PM
Grimson

Quote:
they get good results, but to say theyre as good or better than us/barca is ridiculous imo
The margin between us and them is in our favour, but its razor thin, and you have to have the reddest of red specs not to see that. Put it this way, consider the league points gap the last two seasons. It's very close.

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:40 PM
Coracao

Quote:
What do you actually watch? There is very little between United and Chelsea. £#%&! knows what you think this current Barca side have actually done to be classed in the same bracket. They haven't even come close to a pretty average Madrid side, and probably won't do this season either.

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:40 PM
redmike

Quote:
theyre struggling to beat roma at home as we speak, they beat a poor boro side 5-0 and people think theyre world beaters
And barca are destroying fc basil fawlty who are just as poor as boro and they are world beaters, truth is chelsea would suck the life out of barca who are a superior passing side in midfield if they played them, hate chelsea but not to recognise them as a strong powerful remorseless winning machine is just daft.

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:46 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
The margin between us and them is in our favour, but its razor thin, and you have to have the reddest of red specs not to see that. Put it this way, consider the league points gap the last two seasons. It's very close.
oh dont get me wrong, they are very good at grinding out results, but my original point was in terms playing the best football at the moment (last month or so) barca have been the best, with us very close 2nd.

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:49 PM
Grimson

Quote:
oh dont get me wrong, they are very good at grinding out results, but my original point was in terms playing the best football at the moment (last month or so) barca have been the best, with us very close 2nd.
Well, playing the best (i.e. most attractive) football is a very different thing than being the best football team (getting results), so fair enough.

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:50 PM
puressence

messi is the best player in the world

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:51 PM
J_RED

Quote:
basle, not the best team in the world but there's no easy games in champions league
possibly celtic at home or AAB anywhere

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:55 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_RED
possibly celtic at home or AAB anywhere
we made it look easy....

Unread 22-10-2008, 09:59 PM
J_RED

Quote:
we made it look easy....
Celtic were gash , not saying united didn't play well but what is it 14 games since they scored a goal away from home or something ridiculous , no easy games

Unread 22-10-2008, 10:06 PM
Withers

Barcelona may have played well tonight (I don't know, I haven't watched it) but they have been average in a lot of games this year.

Every now and again they have a great game but this season they have mainly been below par.

I agree about Messi though.

Unread 23-10-2008, 09:17 AM
antonin jablonsky

Messi may or may not be the best player in the world. I'd rather have Rooney. barca are undoubtedly a top side this year and will be major challengers for the CL.

Unread 23-10-2008, 09:21 AM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Messi may or may not be the best player in the world. I'd rather have Rooney. barca are undoubtedly a top side this year and will be major challengers for the CL.
lets be honest rooney or messi is one hell of a player to have in your team, as a football purist i prefer watching messi. but if rooney maintains his recent form for the majority of the season he has to be up there in the player awards....

Unread 23-10-2008, 09:28 AM
Zorg

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/1690295/

Check out the guy's disguised cross for this goal and Messi's delicate finish. Lovely.

By the way why do people say Chelsea play boring football? Every time I've watched them this season they've played a fast, attacking game. Very good team and it will go right to the wire again.

Unread 23-10-2008, 09:32 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

By the way why do people say Chelsea play boring football? Every time I've watched them this season they've played a fast, attacking game. Very good team and it will go right to the wire again.
Scolari has certainlyt changed the negative football Maureen brought in and The bloated corpse of Larry Grayson continued.

Unread 23-10-2008, 09:34 AM
Amish Mash

Not saying Messis isn't a fantastic footballer and possibly the most naturally gifted player since Maradona IMO. But, there is a difference between being the best and being the most effective. I would much rather have Rooney/Ronaldo terrorising defenders and scoring 30/40 goals in a season than somebody who may be a better footballer but scores half the goals over the course of the same season.

Unread 23-10-2008, 09:34 AM
antonin jablonsky

Thumbs up

Quote:
lets be honest rooney or messi is one hell of a player to have in your team, as a football purist i prefer watching messi. but if rooney maintains his recent form for the majority of the season he has to be up there in the player awards....
Agreed.
Closed Thread