Unread 12-11-2008, 02:48 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop

Unread 12-11-2008, 03:23 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
If Manucho is good enough for Manchester United I'll drink this bottle of Tippex.

Of all the youth players obviously Rafael will make the grade...Possebon perhaps. That's about it for me.
I'd like Wellbeck to make it, but you can't really see it in all honesty.
When would he possibly be given the chance???

This season has been more dis-jointed & dissapointing than the time Dissy McDissapointed finished last in a dis-jointed dissapointment competition

If Welbeck doesn't make it, we may as well give up on our youth system. Seriously.

Unread 12-11-2008, 04:18 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If Welbeck doesn't make it, we may as well give up on our youth system. Seriously.
I don't disagree with you. I like Welbeck.
But, being realistic...When will he get a game?
Under what circumstances will he be given a start?
Tevez has been reduced to 'bit part' player since Berbatov's arrival.

Sooner or later Welbeck will want to start playing first team football, but we have far too many 'Must Win' games to give him regular football at the minute.

It's up to him. It's down to him to be an absolute £#%&!ing beast (ala' Rooney at Everton) & give the manager no choice but to play him.
It's no good just being 'neat & tidy' when you come into the first team. You have to be outstanding.

Unread 12-11-2008, 04:23 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Sooner or later Welbeck will want to start playing first team football, but we have far too many 'Must Win' games to give him regular football at the minute.

It's up to him. It's down to him to be an absolute £#%&!ing beast (ala' Rooney at Everton) & give the manager no choice but to play him.
It's no good just being 'neat & tidy' when you come into the first team. You have to be outstanding.
Firstly, I don't see Tevez here long-term. Possibly not even next season.

Secondly, Welbeck is still only 17. His performances for someone of that age have been impressive enough, thus far.

Unread 12-11-2008, 04:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Firstly, I don't see Tevez here long-term. Possibly not even next season.

Secondly, Welbeck is still only 17. His performances for someone of that age have been impressive enough, thus far.
I actually think Tevez will stay to be honest.

Welbeck looks a terrific prospect, but like I say..it's down to him. Hopefully he'll prove to be good enough because I think he seems like the kind of lad you'd want to do well at United.

Unread 12-11-2008, 04:34 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I actually think Tevez will stay to be honest.

Welbeck looks a terrific prospect, but like I say..it's down to him. Hopefully he'll prove to be good enough because I think he seems like the kind of lad you'd want to do well at United.
For me, the most important thing is that Ferguson clearly rates the lad. If this is the case, then he will get chances in the side at some point. In addition, his fellow players actually rate him. The first team squad wanted him training with them on a permanent basis last season, he was only 16 at the time. Later came the trip to Dubai and being on the bench for games such as Roma. If he keeps his feet on the ground, I think he'll have a future at the club.

Unread 12-11-2008, 05:22 PM
CockOfTheNorth

Quote:

Welbeck's only 17 ffs
Closed Thread