United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:58 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
If the truth be told, he is actually behind Fletcher in quite a few aspects of his game. I doubt some on here would admit to that though. However, Fletcher is more of a threat currently to the opposition than Anderson can dream of being.
When Fletcher was 19 and 20 he was putting in decent performances, certainly no worse than Anderson today, against the likes of Patrick Vieira in his pomp and was being ridiculed by United fans for being average, incapable and Fergie's son. He can't pass, provides no goal threat, runs around like a headless chicken and is weak.

Anderson, at the moment, can't pass, provides no goal threat, runs around like a headless chicken and has no stamina, but is, apparently, a World beater, the best in the World and the fulcrum of our midfield.

I just see a young boy with a lot to do to improve, and he is showing less of an appetite to make that improvement than Fletcher showed.

I think he needs a serious kick up the arse and, possibly, bringing back down to earth. He has a lot improving to do, IMO. Atm, everyone fit, he is 5th choice in the center, which was illustrated by the last 2 months of last season, fwiw.

Unread 08-11-2008, 07:11 PM
Tumescent Throb

Anderson needs a goal very soon imo

I expect him to kick-on big style once he drills one in the bottom

corner

he has the force

Paul Ince mk2

Unread 08-11-2008, 11:18 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Anderson was poor today.

Doesn't look fit and jogged about all day. Didn't track the runners and left Carrick to do all the work.
Nonsense.

Carrick was abysmal today. Played more balls to the gooners than any Arsenal player.

Unread 08-11-2008, 11:21 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
When Fletcher was 19 and 20 he was putting in decent performances, certainly no worse than Anderson today, against the likes of Patrick Vieira in his pomp and was being ridiculed by United fans for being average, incapable and Fergie's son. He can't pass, provides no goal threat, runs around like a headless chicken and is weak.

Anderson, at the moment, can't pass, provides no goal threat, runs around like a headless chicken and has no stamina, but is, apparently, a World beater, the best in the World and the fulcrum of our midfield.

I just see a young boy with a lot to do to improve, and he is showing less of an appetite to make that improvement than Fletcher showed.

I think he needs a serious kick up the arse and, possibly, bringing back down to earth. He has a lot improving to do, IMO. Atm, everyone fit, he is 5th choice in the center, which was illustrated by the last 2 months of last season, fwiw.
Your Anderson vendetta is hilarious

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:13 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Your Anderson vendetta is hilarious
Vendetta?

I'm sorry. What is Anderson excelling at? What is his main strength? What type of midfielder is he? What role does he fulfil?

It is becoming apparent to a lot of people that he is underachieving, which is to be expected of a young player, it's the idiots that are all on his nutsack, claiming he is our most important midfielder our that he is top class that are funny. The player has massive potential and has fulfilled about a £#%&!ing quarter of it.

If you are happy with his performances and his current level that's your business.

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:13 AM
magic_cantona

I've read a few posts on this thread and I'm staggered at how some are rating his 'shit' performance today.

He was very good first half, tired in the second fair enough.But his ball winning and distribution were very good.

It's like some people were watching a totally different game.

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I've read a few posts on this thread and I'm staggered at how some are rating his 'shit' performance today.

He was very good first half, tired in the second fair enough.But his ball winning and distribution were very good.

It's like some people were watching a totally different game.
I thought he was good first half, not bad 2nd, my point is that he continues to offer £#%&! ll in the final third, or going forward in terms of passing, when that is one of his main functions in the team, and he is showing no signs of improving. I, personally, hope it's a confidence thing, because, as it stands, he is offering nothing going forward and is being bypassed and passed around with some comfort, as he was today, when defending.

Carrick wasn't at his best, but today was his 2nd start after 6-8 weeks out, and he was still our main drive forward through midfield.

If Anderson was really that good today, why was he taken off, even though he didn't play in midweek?

Unread 09-11-2008, 12:27 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
I thought he was good first half, not bad 2nd, my point is that he continues to offer £#%&! ll in the final third, or going forward in terms of passing, when that is one of his main functions in the team, and he is showing no signs of improving. I, personally, hope it's a confidence thing, because, as it stands, he is offering nothing going forward and is being bypassed and passed around with some comfort, as he was today, when defending.

Carrick wasn't at his best, but today was his 2nd start after 6-8 weeks out, and he was still our main drive forward through midfield.

If Anderson was really that good today, why was he taken off, even though he didn't play in midweek?
Why did Gary Neville play when he's clearly finished?

It kind of makes your point null and void (and I don't mean that in a smarmy or @#%&!ish way).

I thought Anderson was better than Carrick, and Carrick is my favourite and most highly rated midfielder at the club.

Unread 09-11-2008, 01:15 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Why did Gary Neville play when he's clearly finished?

It kind of makes your point null and void (and I don't mean that in a smarmy or @#%&!ish way).

I thought Anderson was better than Carrick, and Carrick is my favourite and most highly rated midfielder at the club.
I agree on Neville, if he can't play 90 minutes, and it's clear that everyone at the club knows he is nowhere near capable, why the £#%&! is he picked? Straight away, he costs you a sub, it's just stupid.

Anderson was taken off because he is ineffectual as an attacking force and we needed goals. He can't supply the front 4 and offers no goal threat, so he was taken off. Hi role in the team, playing next to a deep lying playmaker like Carrick, is to get forward and join up the midfield and forwards and supplement the strikers when possible. He can't.

Unread 09-11-2008, 01:49 AM
shenwen

Quote:

If you can't see the difference between anderson and fletcher at 19 then I give up.

carrick should not have been on the park today imo. fletch and anderson have been doing great together. shouldn't have been broken up by an unfit carrick

Unread 09-11-2008, 02:03 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
If you can't see the difference between anderson and fletcher at 19 then I give up.

carrick should not have been on the park today imo. fletch and anderson have been doing great together. shouldn't have been broken up by an unfit carrick
Fletcher is injured.

I can see the difference in potential, but the performances being turned out are not that far apart, Anderson has just bee fortunate enough to playing alongside top players in his formative years at United, something Fletcher hasn't always had the luxury of.

I would agree that Fletcher and Anderson have proven a quality combination in recent weeks, but who of the two has been the attacking threat and which one is an 'attacking midfielder' and which one is a useless scottish @#%&!?
Closed Thread