United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:42 PM
Part 36 Offer

With Clichy and Nasri, they are strong on the left so I think Park and Neville will be ideal.

We can exploit them on our left, though. We've had a bit of success against them on that side before so I'd love to see Ronni and Evra line up against Walcott and whoever has to fill in at RB, probably Toure (excellent CB but his positioning leaves a lot to be desired at RB)

Unread 07-11-2008, 02:57 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
With Clichy and Nasri, they are strong on the left so I think Park and Neville will be ideal.

We can exploit them on our left, though. We've had a bit of success against them on that side before so I'd love to see Ronni and Evra line up against Walcott and whoever has to fill in at RB, probably Toure (excellent CB but his positioning leaves a lot to be desired at RB)
Got to have a go at Clichy, not the best defensively.

Unread 07-11-2008, 03:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky

Cheers Mickey.

Unread 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Should stick Ronaldo on his side, simply because it will keep him in his own half most of the time, any chance he goes beyond him we should exploit in behind.

He's good one on one (Clichy) because he stays on his feet & you can't do him for pace, but he likes to get forward - a lot - so that's where we should get involved.

If he goes forward too much, they'll get a lot of joy because he'll waltz past Neville for £#%&!ing fun.

Unread 07-11-2008, 03:09 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
Cheers Mickey.
Eh?

Unread 07-11-2008, 03:44 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
We've yet to put in a good performance over 90 minutes. Villarreal, Liverpool, Chelsea - we've failed to beat every decent side we've played, were bullied out the game at Goodison and have failed to hold on to a lead in numerous games. Add to that our wastefulness in front of goal and inability to kill teams off when we're dominating.

We look no ware near as good as last season.
Yep.
That's my assesment of this season too.
Far too casual, far too wasteful, far too happy to sit on a one goal lead & drop the tempo.

I really think we need to win tomorrow for many reasons.

VDS

Evra
Rio
Vidic
Nev

Ronaldo
Carrick
Anderson
Fletcher/Giggsy

Rooney
Berbatov

Unread 07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Should stick Ronaldo on his side, simply because it will keep him in his own half most of the time, any chance he goes beyond him we should exploit in behind.

He's good one on one (Clichy) because he stays on his feet & you can't do him for pace, but he likes to get forward - a lot - so that's where we should get involved.

If he goes forward too much, they'll get a lot of joy because he'll waltz past Neville for £#%&!ing fun.
Neville to get sent off if he plays

Unread 07-11-2008, 03:49 PM
Gog Coch

This is the match for Rafael, best example of its type.

Unread 07-11-2008, 03:51 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gog Coch
This is the match for Rafael, best example of its type.
Why, at the moment he is very poor positionally and rash in the tackle. They will target his side if we play him and get a lot of joy from there. We'd have to play Fletcher fairly deep on the right to protect him if we went this way.

Unread 07-11-2008, 06:31 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I just think we'll play it cagey when we should hit them hard from the off. Mentally they're fragile at the moment but any OTT defensive tactics and we'll had the initiative to them.
Agreed.

They're there for the taking, but Fergie will have his usual bizarre 'play a player out of position in a big game' moments and we'll be cagey.

Unread 07-11-2008, 06:39 PM
MUFC One Love

VDS

Neville
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Anderson
Carrick
Fletcher

Rooney
Berbatov
Ronaldo

I think Park will start though, won't be bothered if he does, he doesn't let us down and always links up well with Rooney.

Unread 07-11-2008, 06:40 PM
borsuk

vds
rafael - rio - vidic - evra
ronnie - carrick - anderson - nani
rooney - berbatov

kuszczak, neville, o'shea, fletcher, possebon, park, tevez

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:21 PM
borsuk

throb seems to imagine that when rafael plays we've suddenly started playing three at the back. people often convince themselves of changes in reality to make their dreams come true. unfortunately, what throb takes as rafael's good positioning ahead of a three-man defence is actually his shit positioning when he's supposed to be part of a back four.

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
%@#$&!s.

It will come with time, but at presnt, that claim is absurd.
%@#$&!s to you

you're talking out of your pompous arse again

he is in fact very good positionally

and he reads the play very well

both going forwards and in defence

his spontaneous decision-making needs to improve, of course

which isn't a great surprise, given his age

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
throb seems to imagine that when rafael plays we've suddenly started playing three at the back. people often convince themselves of changes in reality to make their dreams come true. unfortunately, what throb takes as rafael's good positioning ahead of a three-man defence is actually his shit positioning when he's supposed to be part of a back four.
Rafael supports the attack quite brilliantly

as for United's formation, do feel free to stick with your 4-1-1-3-1 or whatever the £#%&! it is these days

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:31 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Rafael supports the attack quite brilliantly

as for United's formation, do feel free to stick with your 4-1-1-3-1 or whatever the £#%&! it is these days
'course he does. it's his supporting of the centre halves which is less impressive.

great player, should get time so he can learn. but his positioning is clearly a weak point as yet - as was evra's at first. he also needs to stay on his feet more in the tackle.

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:31 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
%@#$&!s to you

you're talking out of your pompous arse again

he is in fact very good positionally

and he reads the play very well

both going forwards and in defence

his spontaneous decision-making needs to improve, of course

which isn't a great surprise, given his age
My pompous arse?

You don't half talk some shite lad.

I know full well what i am watching, and his positioning can in no way be classed as 'good'. Nor would I expect it to be at his age and with his lack of experience.

It seems you are unable to take constructive criticism of any player you like.

I'll let you waffle some more shite. I'm going to the pub.

Have fun.

x x x

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:39 PM
Tumescent Throb

Rafael's positioning is very good or else he wouldn't be in Manchester United's first team at such a young age

a simple notion I know, but hth
Closed Thread