United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:56 PM
Jack Duckworth

Default So, we've now played Liverpool, Chelsea & Arsenal away

and lost 2 and drawn 1.

we will need to go on a hell of a run now if we are to retain the league, including beating the all of the above teams at OT.

Unread 08-11-2008, 03:59 PM
Gruber

i don't think we can to be honest. not because of today (though its not help) simply for the fact that it's such a difficult task to win 2 in a row let alone 3.

I think we'll get to the Champions League final again though.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:02 PM
Sloppy

Least theyre out of the way though early on.I wouldnt fancy these games later on in the season when fixtures are piling up.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Least theyre out of the way though early on.I wouldnt fancy these games later on in the season when fixtures are piling up.
that's our only saving grace, tbh. if we could've won just one of those, i would be feeling a bit more confident.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:03 PM
dunk

The Team has a serious soft centre now, I'm afraid.

Any team that has hustled us has stopped us ad got a result, Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea, Celtic, Everton and Arsenal, all ran harder and defended with passion and we could do £#%&! all about it. Easily knocked out of our stride, no fight at times.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:08 PM
Whalefish

The team is made up of a bunch of soft arses.

I enjoyed the game today, very entertaining but unless we address the middle of the park then we won't be winning anything this year. Neville needs removing from the picture too and someone needs to shoot Vidic up the arse if he keeps giving the ball away.

As for VDS, not been the same since Keane broke his nose. Wouldn't bother offering him a new deal.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:09 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The Team has a serious soft centre now, I'm afraid.

Any team that has hustled us has stopped us ad got a result, Newcastle, Liverpool, Chelsea, Celtic, Everton and Arsenal, all ran harder and defended with passion and we could do £#%&! all about it. Easily knocked out of our stride, no fight at times.
It's weird how one season with the same players can make all the difference...

We'll not win the league this year.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
It's weird how one season with the same players can make all the difference...

We'll not win the league this year.

£#%&! off.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:10 PM
Why Don?

Hargreaves has been the difference for me.

With him regularly in the side we would be in a better position I reckon.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:11 PM
ShooterMcGavin

7 points would have been fair if you watch the 3 games back, even 9 wouldn't be unreasonable.

But we have 1.

I miss Queiroz.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
Hargreaves has been the difference for me.

With him regularly in the side we would be in a better position I reckon.
We should be a shoe in for the title in 2010 then.

(I agree though, fwiw, a midfielder that can run forward, attack and be useful from the middle of the park, it's like some beautiful dream...)

As I recall, the Cougar was in position for games at the Emirates, Anfield and Stamford Bridge, was excellent in all 3 as well as the home games against all 3. I don't thin it is that much of a coincidence that he has missed all the games against those 3 this season and we have won none of them.

I don't suppose there is any chance of him returning for the Derby is there? No? Thought not.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:13 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterMcGavin
7 points would have been fair if you watch the 3 games back, even 9 wouldn't be unreasonable.

But we have 1.

I miss Queiroz.
Did you even watch the Liverpool game? How the £#%&! did we deserve anything out of that

And us winning today would hardly be 'fair'. We had chances yes, but they could have scored 3 or 4.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:15 PM
ShooterMcGavin

Dominated the frst 25 at Liverpool. 2 ridiculously soft goals conceded.

Today we should have won, had about 15 good goal scoring opportunities.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:15 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Did you even watch the Liverpool game? How the £#%&! did we deserve anything out of that

And us winning today would hardly be 'fair'. We had chances yes, but they could have scored 3 or 4.
We should have scored the same. Our finishing is £#%&!ing awful for supposedly top draw players.

Unread 08-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Tronics

*as long as we're not he first team in the top 4 to lose 4 games we'll be alright.

*before christmas

Unread 08-11-2008, 05:28 PM
Rhodzy

Fergie says a good defence wins you titles and unfortunately we don't have one atm.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:05 PM
captain scarlet

The tendency of the team to sparkle and then burn out relatively quickly is very disturbing. As has already been pointed out Anderson's fitness is a major concern. Neville has become a sieve rather than a rock in defence but there is something out of sorts with Rio and Vidic as well. The support should also be granted a special licience to throw fireworks at Berbs when he starts to stroll.

I just hope that there is not some collective apathy among some creeping in.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:15 PM
magic_cantona

We should of humiliated Liverpool and Arsenal and should have beaten Chelsea.

I think that's the most infuriating thing.Not that we were unlucky, just that we were sloppy and complacent.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:16 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
We should be a shoe in for the title in 2010 then.

(I agree though, fwiw, a midfielder that can run forward, attack and be useful from the middle of the park, it's like some beautiful dream...)

As I recall, the Cougar was in position for games at the Emirates, Anfield and Stamford Bridge, was excellent in all 3 as well as the home games against all 3. I don't thin it is that much of a coincidence that he has missed all the games against those 3 this season and we have won none of them.

I don't suppose there is any chance of him returning for the Derby is there? No? Thought not.
He's gone to the US to see Steadman about his tendonitis.

He would be a great help, but even Fletcher would have helped at least give some energy and commitment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
The tendency of the team to sparkle and then burn out relatively quickly is very disturbing. As has already been pointed out Anderson's fitness is a major concern. Neville has become a sieve rather than a rock in defence but there is something out of sorts with Rio and Vidic as well. The support should also be granted a special licience to throw fireworks at Berbs when he starts to stroll.

I just hope that there is not some collective apathy among some creeping in.
That has crossed my mind too. Ferie said in the summer he would be staying 2 years max.

I seem to remember similarly apathetic performances when he announced his retirement before.

Unread 08-11-2008, 06:23 PM
Coracao

I don't think changing the full back every game is helping matters a great deal. He needs to pick one, and £#%&!ing play them. You can't £#%&! about with the back 4 every single game.
Closed Thread