United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:21 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Team v Arsenal - The Official Thread

Arsenal are there for the taking in my opinion if we get this team selection right. Then again so were Celtic and we £#%&!ed that up in the first half. Need to dominate the midfield so I think we sould go for a 4-3-3, not sure we've a left winger I'd trust in a big game like this anyway. I'm going wioth this :-

Foster
G Nev(unless Wes is fit)
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Fletch
Carrick
Anderson
Ronnie
Rooney
Berbie

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:27 AM
Whalefish

Sadly I think they'll beat us. They've been written off all week and even missing a striker or two (the lad with the shit haircut is apparently fit) they'll boss the game (when they shouldn't) and probably win by a couple of goals. Captain Gallas to cry as he heads one of them in.

We should be beating them 4-0 tomorrow but I'll be quite happy to eat my own shit if we pick up three points. Just have a feeling we'll go there riddled with fear and try to contain an out of sorts Arsenal.

As for the team, I'm not that arsed. Berbatov, Rooney and Ronaldo have to play. Wes is out for a couple of weeks so Red News were saying and Neville had (or has) a bit of a knock. I suspect the latter was just rested midweek though, can't play 2/3 games every week like he used to.

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:30 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Sadly I think they'll beat us. They've been written off all week and even missing a striker or two (the lad with the shit haircut is apparently fit) they'll boss the game (when they shouldn't) and probably win by a couple of goals. Captain Gallas to cry as he heads one of them in.

We should be beating them 4-0 tomorrow but I'll be quite happy to eat my own shit if we pick up three points. Just have a feeling we'll go there riddled with fear and try to contain an out of sorts Arsenal.

As for the team, I'm not that arsed. Berbatov, Rooney and Ronaldo have to play. Wes is out for a couple of weeks so Red News were saying and Neville had (or has) a bit of a knock. I suspect the latter was just rested midweek though, can't play 2/3 games every week like he used to.
Cheer up Whalers, you're turning into Fuzzy Dunlop.

If Nev and Wes are both out, it'd have to be O' Shea at RB, though I think I'd go with evans. No way we can play the Brazillian in a major game again for a while for me.

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:46 AM
Whalefish

I've been optimistic for most of the season to date I just think we'll play it cagey when we should hit them hard from the off. Mentally they're fragile at the moment but any OTT defensive tactics and we'll had the initiative to them.

If they're both out I'd sooner have Rafael in than O'Shea. We'll need an attacking outlet on the counter and he's ideal. After a ropey opening fifteen mins against Celtic he did fine.

I'm not going to start advocating dropping kids just because they have a rough time in a match or the odd bad game. Get him the experience he needs now and in a couple of years we'll be reaping the benefits. I'm not arsed about the here and now tbh, I just want us to blood the likes of Evans, the twins and Possebon. Stop spending stupid money on imports or overpriced English players. Doing my £#%&!ing nut in.

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:48 AM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Arsenal are there for the taking in my opinion if we get this team selection right. Then again so were Celtic and we £#%&!ed that up in the first half. Need to dominate the midfield so I think we sould go for a 4-3-3, not sure we've a left winger I'd trust in a big game like this anyway. I'm going wioth this :-

Foster
G Nev(unless Wes is fit)
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Fletch
Carrick
Anderson
Ronnie
Rooney
Berbie

that would also be my team

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:51 AM
dunk

Quote:

Foster
G Nev(unless Wes is fit)
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Fletch
Carrick
Anderson
Ronnie
Rooney
Berbie
That would be it for me.

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:52 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
I've been optimistic for most of the season to date I just think we'll play it cagey when we should hit them hard from the off. Mentally they're fragile at the moment but any OTT defensive tactics and we'll had the initiative to them.

If they're both out I'd sooner have Rafael in than O'Shea. We'll need an attacking outlet on the counter and he's ideal. After a ropey opening fifteen mins against Celtic he did fine.

I'm not going to start advocating dropping kids just because they have a rough time in a match or the odd bad game. Get him the experience he needs now and in a couple of years we'll be reaping the benefits. I'm not arsed about the here and now tbh, I just want us to blood the likes of Evans, the twins and Possebon. Stop spending stupid money on imports or overpriced English players. Doing my £#%&!ing nut in.
I'm not having a go, I just think that he isn't good enough defensively yet and we need to handle him carefully. Personally i wouldn't want O' Shea in either and would go with evans.

Unread 07-11-2008, 09:58 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

We will win by at least 2 clear goals

Unread 07-11-2008, 10:10 AM
hopkins

Quote:
but I'll be quite happy to eat my own shit if we pick up three points
Another famous threat from Whalers, but he's usually safe, I can see a draw on the cards

Unread 07-11-2008, 10:13 AM
keano's love

I want us to get an early goal so that arsenal are invited to attack us. sometimes we play better when we are under the cosh with counter attacks.

Unread 07-11-2008, 10:16 AM
pc6090

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
We will win by at least 2 clear goals
it being arsenel etc it will be 2 disputed goals

Unread 07-11-2008, 10:19 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopkins
Another famous threat from Whalers, but he's usually safe, I can see a draw on the cards
You got the Outlaw Order record yet?

Picked up some Harvey Milk reissues the other day and Bullhead by the Melvins. Replaced my battered old vinyl copy.

Unread 07-11-2008, 10:32 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

I was quietly optimistic but not after reading this. It's all true btw.

What has happened to us? This is the same team plus Berbs from last season, the same team that won the European Cup ffs.

Unread 07-11-2008, 10:38 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

V der not so Sartorial

14 days/Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Evra

Ronnie (RHS or LHS depending)
Carrick
Anderson
Giggs LHS or Fletcher (RHS if Raf)

Rooney
Berbatov

Unread 07-11-2008, 10:59 AM
The Watcher

I'd also go with antonin's team. But we haven't played a 433 this season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar side to the one that played at Chelsea.

If we score first and then just sit back trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead, I really will £#%&!ing loose it. Defensively, we've looked fragile all season, with both CB making silly errors whenever under pressure. One positive from the Celtic game was we improved in the 2nd half, something we hadn't done all season.

I expect Arsenal to put in a very good performance and we need to match them. We'll do well to get a draw.

Unread 07-11-2008, 11:00 AM
Rossi the Red

Foster

Rafa - Rio - Vidic - Evra

Carrick
Fletcher ------ Anderson

Ronnie - - Rooney
Berbatov

2-1 united

Unread 07-11-2008, 11:02 AM
antonin jablonsky

Why all the negativity? Honestly, you'd think we've been rubbish all season. Fuzzyism's really catching on.

Unread 07-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Why all the negativity? Honestly, you'd think we've been rubbish all season. Fuzzyism's really catching on.
We're just going on recent performances Jabs. It's not been convincing.

Unread 07-11-2008, 11:03 AM
Rossi the Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
I'd also go with antonin's team. But we haven't played a 433 this season, so I wouldn't be surprised to see a similar side to the one that played at Chelsea.

If we score first and then just sit back trying to hold on to a 1-0 lead, I really will £#%&!ing loose it. Defensively, we've looked fragile all season, with both CB making silly errors whenever under pressure. One positive from the Celtic game was we improved in the 2nd half, something we hadn't done all season.

I expect Arsenal to put in a very good performance and we need to match them. We'll do well to get a draw.
That's because of the lack of personnel in the middle of midfield. Fletcher and Anderson have been our only fit midfielders before the west ham game.

Against Liverpool we started out 4-3-3 and started well...until Carrick got injured.

Unread 07-11-2008, 11:04 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
We're just going on recent performances Jabs. It's not been convincing.
Nor as doomladen as suggested.
Closed Thread