United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-10-2022, 01:53 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
I'm not sure anyone knows, I'd say "at peace" or to show "Contentment" after hitting 700 ??

Antony is just a top wummer, just ran in and joined in
Yep, also made sure he was part of a historic moment. Our new David May

Go to say, ETH's signings have been top notch so far. Martinez immediately our best defender. Ericksen, Casemiro starting to control the middle. Antony 3 in 3. Malacia mixed but still settling in. Not a bad start at all.

Unread 10-10-2022, 02:26 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Yep, also made sure he was part of a historic moment. Our new David May

Go to say, ETH's signings have been top notch so far. Martinez immediately our best defender. Ericksen, Casemiro starting to control the middle. Antony 3 in 3. Malacia mixed but still settling in. Not a bad start at all.
Agreed, unsure where all the lads have gone from the summer as well, moaning about our signings.....

I'd watched a lot of Antony and thought he was overpriced, had worries that his style wouldn't cross over to the prem,where hugging the line is seen as obsolete, but Erik knew, it gives us shape, causes wingbacks doubt....

He's started really well, his goal against city (due to the score line) was an incredible goal....

His composure and balance with the wand if a leg peg is a joy to watch....

He also seems to love it here, was desire to come and winds up the opposition no end ..

Long may it continue...

Unread 10-10-2022, 03:11 PM
Baron

Best thing for me is he's productive whilst not actually turning it on for 90mins.

He's clearly exceptionally talented, he didn't put in anywhere near enough of a shift vs City for example & neither did he look to influence in the first 45min (everyone hid & was shit) but as mentioned, banging one in & showing individual quality is something that can turn matches. He was much better last night, whole side was. A few mis-placed passes & not quite the coherence of a side that's played under the coach for much more than a couple of months but lots to enjoy.

Can only see the lad blossoming, it would really bloody help if that midfield started to do exactly what Casimiero did for the goal & look to pass forward & break the press more often. Having such a limited set in McFred shackles the attackers as teams get back to double up at a trot.

It's why I'm still hopeful the De Jong signing is a possibility

Unread 10-10-2022, 04:56 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Some elegant/clinical bottom corner finishes. Didn't expect it given his Ajax numbers were relatively timid (hadn't seen more than a few highlights), but he's got great movement to find himself in behind and open up for the shot quickly.
Closed Thread