United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Other Sports & Fitness

Unread 26-08-2019, 01:49 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
Will defo fly over and stomp on your f***ing head to then make you eat said wet underwear

Last edited by waynes ear's; 26-08-2019 at 01:52 PM.

Unread 26-08-2019, 02:02 PM
liamb123

Quote:
Will defo fly over and stomp on your f***ing head to then make you eat said wet underwear

Unread 26-08-2019, 02:04 PM
croberts

Deffo with Ploppy on this one. Especially if we are shortening the benches.

Unread 26-08-2019, 02:26 PM
liamb123

Smashing it atm

Unread 26-08-2019, 02:32 PM
croberts

I was going to suggest we turn this into a keeper league, but I think everyone's head might explode.

Up for discussion though as the draft approaches.

Unread 26-08-2019, 02:44 PM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by croberts
I was going to suggest we turn this into a keeper league, but I think everyone's head might explode.

Up for discussion though as the draft approaches.
I did that for a couple of years when I lived in the US. We only kept 4 players each then drafted the rest. It soon became obvious that it ruined draft day because you're basicall picking stocking fillers.

Unread 26-08-2019, 02:48 PM
croberts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone Monkey
I did that for a couple of years when I lived in the US. We only kept 4 players each then drafted the rest. It soon became obvious that it ruined draft day because you're basicall picking stocking fillers.

All the keeper leagues I've been in, you have the option to carry 2 from one year to the next, and if you do, there's a penalty of losing a draft pick from the round prior to the one you originally selected the player in.

That, and you can't keep anyone drafted in the first round. All it does is reward good drafting and gives you the option to keep someone who has come good in the mid/late rounds. I'm never going to keep a second rounder at the expense of my first pick in the draft.

Unread 26-08-2019, 03:50 PM
jem

Quote:
Jem honestly pal what you are saying is wrong

You are missing out if your league doesn’t use Blind Bidding Waivers/FAAB. If you’re OK having zero shot at a waiver-wire gem when you’re last on the waiver priority list because you acquired a defense to fill in on a bye, then go ahead and use the old waiver priority system. If you have no problem when a league mate beats you to the waiver wire when injury news breaks because you set your phone down for five minutes or decided to sleep, then continue with first come, first serve (FCFS) waiver system.

https://www.versusfantasyfootball.co...dding-waivers/

https://www.thefantasyfootballers.co...r-system-asap/
wait... what? do what?

no wonder you're pissed off.

would never let that happen to me. who needs sleep anyway?

since you mention bye weeks, I remember why I am so against fewer names on the bench. you get a defence in on a bye and you are having to hang someone you might need out in waivers to accommodate the necessity of one week. it is going to be mayhem and carnage if we cut down the numbers.

I suppose I will read the links, but just know I am glowering as I read them.

also, would be nice if someone would confirm the draft is on sunday. there was a comment above that it wasn't for weeks.

Unread 26-08-2019, 03:56 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
also, would be nice if someone would confirm the draft is on sunday. there was a comment above that it wasn't for weeks.

Unread 26-08-2019, 04:24 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
wait... what? do what?

no wonder you're pissed off.

would never let that happen to me. who needs sleep anyway?

since you mention bye weeks, I remember why I am so against fewer names on the bench. you get a defence in on a bye and you are having to hang someone you might need out in waivers to accommodate the necessity of one week. it is going to be mayhem and carnage if we cut down the numbers.

I suppose I will read the links, but just know I am glowering as I read them.

its actually more fun, our league has been dead really little trade action f*** all moves on the waiver because everyone stacks the benches from the draft. One injury and you are done, this opens it up to actually following players and seeing who is performing well and matching up week on week