United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-05-2019, 09:35 PM
ScarFace

Martial reminds me of Anelka...only not as good.

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yeah sure that's going to be their response to Liverpool tearing them a new one
Better than having freaks like Malcom tbf.

De Jong, proper CB and one or two more. And get a proper Barca manager imo.

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Better than having freaks like Malcom tbf.

De Jong, proper CB and one or two more. And get a proper Barca manager imo.
Oh for their troubles.

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:09 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Oh for their troubles.
Remember when you'd run away with the league and be gutted you only made the CL semis

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:10 PM
utd99

Mane runs more in one half than Martial does in a season. @#%&! was still pressing in the 93rd minute.

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:12 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Mane runs more in one half than Martial does in a season. @#%&! was still pressing in the 93rd minute.
Wasn’t marquee enough for Woodward when Van Gaal wanted him...

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:29 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Comparing Liverpool and City's work rate to ours is enough to make you walk into the ocean.

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:30 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Comparing Liverpool and City's work rate to ours is enough to make you walk into the ocean.
Watching ours is enough without bringing them into the equation.

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:32 PM
utd99

Quote:
And work rate is supposed to be the one thing in football you can actually guarantee. Between van Gaal and Mourinho, what were they thinking? Surely the difference can’t simply be hiring or not hiring Klopp?

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:36 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
And work rate is supposed to be the one thing in football you can actually guarantee. Between van Gaal and Mourinho, what were they thinking? Surely the difference can’t simply be hiring or not hiring Klopp?
It is.

Liverpool were as disillusioned with their owners as we are with ours.

They did well making the call on Rodgers and getting Klopp. Since then, they've left him to it

He was the man I wanted to replace Fergie and nothing has changed since to change my mind.

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
True but there's work rate and then there's work rate with a plan. Loads of teams have work rate. But I watched Liverpool's players sprint to every single barcelona player with the ball tonight. They didn't jog over, they £#%&!ing ran like £#%&!. And they all did it. it wasn't just 1 or 2 players. They were all on message.

That sort of shit takes hours and hours on the training pitch and you need the right personnel to do it. I don't think we could do it even if we wanted to. Our players just don't have the speed and endurance to do it and half of them simply wouldn't be arsed to do it anyway...And that's without getting into just how £#%&!ing poorly coached we are anyway.

Unread 07-05-2019, 10:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Klopp's game is based more around running than other managers. They work to force mistakes which is why they're at their best when games are scrappy and chaotic. So the manic running is a little more obvious with them. Ultimately it's about being committed to what the manager asks though. Mourinho clearly didn't ask them to run as much. His style has started to look very static.

Unread 07-05-2019, 11:02 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Klopp's game is based more around running than other managers. They work to force mistakes which is why they're at their best when games are scrappy and chaotic. So the manic running is a little more obvious with them. Ultimately it's about being committed to what the manager asks though. Mourinho clearly didn't ask them to run as much. His style has started to look very static.
Ajax to pass round the press?

Unread 07-05-2019, 11:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Well they'll at least be able to match Liverpool for work rate and legs in the middle of the pitch.

But they'll be completely and utterly overwhelmed by Liverpool's aggression.

It sounds silly but Spurs would probably have a better chance

Unread 07-05-2019, 11:06 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well they'll at least be able to match Liverpool for work rate and legs in the middle of the pitch.

But they'll be completely and utterly overwhelmed by Liverpool's aggression.

It sounds silly but Spurs would probably have a better chance
No, I agree. Spurs will most likely choke, but have gone toe-to-toe with Liverpool in games over the last few years.

Overwhelming favourites, regardless of who they face.

Anyway, back on topic.... £#%&! martial!!

Unread 07-05-2019, 11:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Hopefully. Watching Liverpool can make you think it’s all about running. But away from Anfield they have been poor in Europe. Ajax will need to be one step ahead positonally. Not looking forward to it one bit.

Unread 07-05-2019, 11:07 PM
Vedder

When is this £#%&!ing @#%&! leaving?

Unread 08-05-2019, 12:27 AM
utd99

Outside of the players we have no choice over, I think this kid should be first out the door while we can still get a decent fee for him. It’ll be interesting to see to what degree the club - and by that I mean Woodward - are prepared to hold up their hands to the mistakes we’ve made and wipe the board clean.

This is pretty much the only time Ole will be able to be candid about the state we’re in without being responsible for some of it, so if he doesn’t want to hang his hat on players who will definitely get him sacked he needs to properly set his stall out. I hope he has the integrity to front Woodward up no matter what the consequences.

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:02 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
I hope he has the integrity to front Woodward up no matter what the consequences.
He won't. He is a yes man and that is why they gave him the job. He made his bed by claiming what a 'talented bunch' the players and will now have to lie in it with the players he has with the addition of a couple of average additions.

Unread 08-05-2019, 07:12 AM
Brucie

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He won't. He is a yes man and that is why they gave him the job. He made his bed by claiming what a 'talented bunch' the players and will now have to lie in it with the players he has with the addition of a couple of average additions.
He already has. Talking about Leicester, Newcastle and Wolves over taking us next season.

So a 9th or 10th place finish? And here's me thinking football was easy with these players' "unbelievable quality"

Being everyone's mate only gets you so far. Although in the case of Pogba, you're on a loser either way
Closed Thread