Unread 07-05-2019, 02:23 PM
caliban

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
over ran our midfield generals 2 weeks ago at goodison
Damned by faint praise...

Unread 07-05-2019, 05:21 PM
red in cumbria

He actually looked decent at Southampton (no, really)

Just metaphorically and probably literally shit his pants the moment he arrived here

Unread 07-05-2019, 05:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

His attitude is bizarrely bad. No point in keeping otherwise.

Unread 07-05-2019, 06:08 PM
Lok

Schneiderlin looked great at Southampton. I thought he'd be decent for us, boy was I wrong. An absolute nothingness of a player.

Martial can £#%&! off. Clearly doesn't give a £#%&!. Terrible waste of talent.

Unread 07-05-2019, 06:09 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Schneiderlin looked great at Southampton. I thought he'd be decent for us, boy was I wrong. An absolute nothingness of a player.

Martial can £#%&! off. Clearly doesn't give a £#%&!. Terrible waste of talent.
Yep, spot on.

Unread 07-05-2019, 06:21 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Assuming we can't shift every single player off the books who would people rather keep, the likes of Pogba and Martial who are probably the most talented on the team albeit with the worst attitude or players like Mata and Herrera who are bang average but give their limited best and generally have a good attitude? I've no idea tbh
We're making a few assumptions regarding worst attitude tbf. We're even hearing rumours about Rashford. Utterly unsubstantiated obviously. Up to Ole to make the call, but you can indulge some players who don't work as hard or train as hard. City do it with Aguero.

All comes down to how productive they are. Martial has always been lazy but when he was scoring goals after Ole arrived he was lauded. When he loses form people will always be less forgiving. Talk of poisonous character feels like a hysterical overreaction. This group was being praised universally for its character after Paris. We need people at the club to keep cool heads amidst fan emotional swings.

The team needs leaders. On the pitch and in the dugout. It has done for six years.

Unread 07-05-2019, 06:25 PM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
We're making a few assumptions regarding worst attitude tbf. We're even hearing rumours about Rashford. Utterly unsubstantiated obviously. Up to Ole to make the call, but you can indulge some players who don't work as hard or train as hard. City do it with Aguero.

All comes down to how productive they are. Martial has always been lazy but when he was scoring goals after Ole arrived he was lauded. When he loses form people will always be less forgiving. Talk of poisonous character feels like a hysterical overreaction. This group was being praised universally for its character after Paris. We need people at the club to keep cool heads amidst fan emotional swings.

The team needs leaders. On the pitch and in the dugout. It has done for six years.
Why do people assume Martial's attitude is bad? Is it because he always looks completely unemotional? Or are we talking attitude off the pitch?

Unread 07-05-2019, 06:28 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Why do people assume Martial's attitude is bad? Is it because he always looks completely unemotional? Or are we talking attitude off the pitch?
Racism probably....

Unread 07-05-2019, 06:41 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I'm not sure but there are a few lads on here who never liked his attitude, which is fair enough. The general change in how he's viewed seems to be more to do with his form dropping off. You can't be strolling about the way he does without looking a threat tbf.

Unread 07-05-2019, 06:41 PM
utd99

Quote:
When even his biggest supporter calls him “lazy” you’re probably into something.

Unread 07-05-2019, 06:44 PM
Lok

Quote:
Mou hinted at it. It was also rumoured for a long time.

The video of him 'warming up' seems to confirm it.

Unread 07-05-2019, 06:48 PM
messhead

Definitely racism.

Unread 07-05-2019, 06:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
Mou hinted at it. It was also rumoured for a long time.

The video of him 'warming up' seems to confirm it.
Plus we have eyes.

Unread 07-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Denis Irwell

Shame really. The lad has talent to burn nqat. Whether the situation is retrievable looks doubtful. Ole appears to have made his mind up and it does appear there’s an attitude problem with him. At least a lack of spine. Indulging in him isn’t a good signal to the rest of the squad and you can only do this if the rest of the squad has some stability... notbthis bunch of utter fannies. Half of them are traumatised by Sanchez’ wages, as if they’re not overpaid as it is. Morons can’t grasp that the low fee we effectively paid allowed us to bolster the salary. That he has been a spectacular flop is another issue, admittedly compounding the problem. Still, makes you vomit to hear of utter mid table fodder having a breakdown because their 200,000 p/w isn’t worthy of them. @#%&!s need a £#%&!ing shake. Besides, them Labs of Sanchez get through an awful lot of wagu beef. Probably racism though.

Unread 07-05-2019, 07:14 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Obviously some assumptions are being made but if you take the case of Pogba it is assumed he has a bad attitude as his form fluctuates drastically. So someone that can look like a world-beater and shine in a world cup final gets turned over playing against Huddersfield, if it's not a lack of ability then it points to attitude/application. While with Mata/Herrera the common complaints are centred around their ability or lack thereof, no-one thinks they are not trying so their attitude isn't in question.

We don't know what happens in training but we can see what happens on the pitch, I think that is enough of a guide to get a sense of who has a good attitude or not.

Unread 07-05-2019, 07:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Obviously some assumptions are being made but if you take the case of Pogba it is assumed he has a bad attitude as his form fluctuates drastically. So someone that can look like a world-beater and shine in a world cup final gets turned over playing against Huddersfield, if it's not a lack of ability then it points to attitude/application. While with Mata/Herrera the common complaints are centred around their ability or lack thereof, no-one thinks they are not trying so their attitude isn't in question.

We don't know what happens in training but we can see what happens on the pitch, I think that is enough of a guide to get a sense of who has a good attitude or not.
Fair, but in terms of it being disruptive. Have long heard from top level itk reds that Pogba isn't a great pro. It does happen though. Ideally these lads aren't your captains. If City had a squad full of Sergio Aguero characters they'd probably be utterly £#%&!ed.

So I guess the answer is that you have a mix of the talented fairies and the lads you'd want on a battle field.

Unread 07-05-2019, 07:37 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Fair, but in terms of it being disruptive. Have long heard from top level itk reds that Pogba isn't a great pro. It does happen though. Ideally these lads aren't your captains. If City had a squad full of Sergio Aguero characters they'd probably be utterly £#%&!ed.

So I guess the answer is that you have a mix of the talented fairies and the lads you'd want on a battle field.
I don't expect every player to be doing shuttle runs on the plane, but knowing that we wont make wholesales changes to the squad and probably 18+ of the players from this season will be here next it's hard to know who to keep. I think you do need a mix so people need to accept that we will have some mediocre players and some players with questionable attitudes next season. Out of the four mentioned I would keep Herrera and Martial and bin Mata and Pogba who won't be renewing his contract with us and the distraction could prove fatal to any chance of success next season.

Unread 07-05-2019, 09:06 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I don't expect every player to be doing shuttle runs on the plane, but knowing that we wont make wholesales changes to the squad and probably 18+ of the players from this season will be here next it's hard to know who to keep. I think you do need a mix so people need to accept that we will have some mediocre players and some players with questionable attitudes next season. Out of the four mentioned I would keep Herrera and Martial and bin Mata and Pogba who won't be renewing his contract with us and the distraction could prove fatal to any chance of success next season.
Some suggestion Juanito has an offer from Barca, so that one might be out of our hands

For me if you can get rid of Sanchez and Lukaku and replace them with exciting quality, the attacking end of the field looks promising.

Unread 07-05-2019, 09:31 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Some suggestion Juanito has an offer from Barca, so that one might be out of our hands
Yeah sure that's going to be their response to Liverpool tearing them a new one
Closed Thread