United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 15-06-2011, 09:56 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Is there anything relaxing you like to think about to help you sleep?

My mind goes straight to football, always has, itís pointless doesnít matter and is generally not stressful, unless weíve been beaten
by the dippers or something. Good to take your mind off the important stuff though.

Unread 15-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Jez Quigley

Default Re: Is there anything relaxing you like to think about to help you sleep?

Same here FD - 2 goals go through my mind every night before sleeping.

1) Nicky Butt's diving header v Newcastle in the Charity Shield. A truly beautiful goal.

2) A goal by West Ham v Liverpool in the FA cup final. Dean Ashton did the most magnificent reverse pass to set it up and I always dream of playing that.

Also, I dream of having magic powers and revealing them on Britain's Got Talent on live TV.

I also dream of going to a parallel universe and passing Harry Potter off as my own work. That's a bit crap isn't it?

Unread 15-06-2011, 10:00 AM
The Return of JC

Default Re: Is there anything relaxing you like to think about to help you sleep?

Straight to the Summer Season Transfer thread for me.

I Dream Of Downing.

Unread 15-06-2011, 10:07 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Same here FD - 2 goals go through my mind every night before sleeping.

1) Nicky Butt's diving header v Newcastle in the Charity Shield. A truly beautiful goal.

2) A goal by West Ham v Liverpool in the FA cup final. Dean Ashton did the most magnificent reverse pass to set it up and I always dream of playing that.

Also, I dream of having magic powers and revealing them on Britain's Got Talent on live TV.

I also dream of going to a parallel universe and passing Harry Potter off as my own work. That's a bit crap isn't it?
Nope. Perfectly fine Jez, whatever sooths your soul.

Iíve recently got into this twisted vicious circle of realizing when my mind is drifting off into a dream, instead of going with the flow
I immediately realize that Iíve gone from imagining something standard to half dreaming about something completely ridiculous. This is the crucial
Point of falling asleep. It wakes me back up thinking about it.

Unread 15-06-2011, 10:09 AM
Jez Quigley

Thumbs up Re: Is there anything relaxing you like to think about to help you sleep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

Iíve recently got into this twisted vicious circle of realizing when my mind is drifting off into a dream, instead of going with the flow
I immediately realize that Iíve gone from imagining something standard to half dreaming about something completely ridiculous. This is the crucial
I oddly enough know where you're coming from there. That moment where you think 'Hang on, why would an octopus be the pilot of this balloon' and then it all goes horribly wrong. Bad stuff.

Unread 15-06-2011, 10:14 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop

OMG etc, I so get that too...... random thoughts becoming ever more random and entering dream realms.....then suddenly wake like 'catching myself' falling asleep....

Unread 15-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Time For Heroes

I don't, just put the telly on timer and drift off whilst watching news 24 or something that I don't have to think about. I can't sleep if it's a silent room, start thinking about too much shit.

Unread 15-06-2011, 11:17 AM
silv

I can't sleep if its a silent room either, or at least ive conditioned myself that way.

I put on some classical music now, guaranteed to help me fall asleep.

Though lately ive started waking up about 3am without fail which is annoying.

Unread 15-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronaldosgoodallthetime
I don't, just put the telly on timer and drift off whilst watching news 24 or something that I don't have to think about. I can't sleep if it's a silent room, start thinking about too much shit.
used to do that for years can't do it now, no way.
Got sick of drifting off then hearing something that caught my attention, like a surprise lemon scene on a harmless film i left on, wait what, what's this etc.

Unread 15-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Sparky***

I generally think about being a superhero. Like spiderman, except dressed in black and being a vigilante - taking justice to the streets.
Closed Thread