United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread

Unread 09-12-2010, 09:41 AM
PaulParkersPubes

Default Debt Collectors

Anyone had to employ one/got any recommendations?

Needs collecting from an Irish over there otherwise would pay a visit myself.

Unread 09-12-2010, 09:43 AM
antonin jablonsky

Default Re: Debt Collectors

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Anyone had to employ one/got any recommendations?

Needs collecting from an Irish over there otherwise would pay a visit myself.
Just go direct to the European Central Bank.

Unread 09-12-2010, 09:48 AM
carlosartorial

Just write them a letter or an email requesting payment, saves the trouble of employing a debt collector.

Unread 09-12-2010, 09:58 AM
PaulParkersPubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Just write them a letter or an email requesting payment, saves the trouble of employing a debt collector.
Been there, done that. Sent dozens of emails, a Letter Before Action and had several telephone conversations when they've confirmed payment had been made via internet banking/other bullshit.

It's B2C by the way.

Just spoken with a debt purchasing company who want 20% plus due dilligence fee.

Unread 09-12-2010, 10:03 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Been there, done that. Sent dozens of emails, a Letter Before Action and had several telephone conversations when they've confirmed payment had been made via internet banking/other bullshit.

It's B2C by the way.

Just spoken with a debt purchasing company who want 20% plus due dilligence fee.
If you're the B can you just not tack on a load of spurious charges to pay the collectors fee?

Unread 09-12-2010, 10:53 AM
TravellingRed

Get Armchair and Fuzzy to pay them a visit. Fred Debt Collecting Agency inc.

Unread 09-12-2010, 12:33 PM
DuanePipe

I have a mate who collects debts for a living. I'm pretty sure I know the sort of people who he collects debts for, but I've never discussed.

I once made the error of thinking I could hire him to collect a business debt. So I asked him how he went through the process.

Verbatim response:

"I visit at around 3.00am in the morning. Make sure I've got enough petrol for my mini chainsaw......"

OK, stop right there, I said.

He just wasn't the right fit for our firm's corporate image. But - I imagine - a very successful debt collector.

Unread 09-12-2010, 12:35 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
I have a mate who collects debts for a living. I'm pretty sure I know the sort of people who he collects debts for, but I've never discussed.

I once made the error of thinking I could hire him to collect a business debt. So I asked him how he went through the process.

Verbatim response:

"I visit at around 3.00am in the morning. Make sure I've got enough petrol for my mini chainsaw......"

OK, stop right there, I said.

He just wasn't the right fit for our firm's corporate image. But - I imagine - a very successful debt collector.
Is he Marlo?

Unread 09-12-2010, 12:37 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Ah yes that old scam. Mate of mine has made thousands from borrowing from English lenders. You just give a b***** address such as 14 An Bhfiochagh Street, you can get anything certified here. Suprising how often it works too.

Unread 09-12-2010, 12:39 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Ah yes that old scam. Mate of mine has made thousands from borrowing from English lenders. You just give a b***** address such as 14 An Bhfiochagh Street, you can get anything certified here. Suprising how often it works too.
has he got boxes and boxes of disposable roll-up shoes?
Closed Thread