United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Why didn’t he bring on Gomes instead of Lingard
Not saying Gomes would have made a difference but he might have however we knew Lingard 100% wouldn’t
Not starting Greenwood was a big £#%&! up

It’s not just about selection but tactics and coaching
We don’t have any structure to fall back on when we go behind so we just end up taking stupid pot shots on goal
Gomes he’s got no £#%&!ing chance against the Neanderthal’s from Burnley ffs.

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:28 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Gomes he’s got no £#%&!ing chance against the Neanderthal’s from Burnley ffs.
He can pick a pass which is more than I can say for Lingard

Fred the Red would have more of a chance of making an impact than Lingard ffs

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:34 AM
marlo

Quote:
Honestly, what could he have done differently with the available players? Greenwood could have started, but that's about it. Matic and Mata's legs have gone, alternatives.. well.. Lingard. Pereira was f***ing shocking first half, alternative, well.. Lingard. Daniel James out on his feet, alternatives.. 18 year old Greenwood and Lingard.

It's f***ing appalling.
anyone with a brain knew this would happen.
but the Norwegian clown thought he would do a class of 92 with garner Chong, Greenwood and Gomez. 3 very average young players and one special talent.

we weren't handicapped this season like some would like us to believe, he thought this squad was equipped.

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
He can pick a pass which is more than I can say for Lingard

Fred the Red would have more of a chance of making an impact than Lingard ffs
We’ve yet to see any evidence of that in the first team tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
anyone with a brain knew this would happen.
but the Norwegian clown thought he would do a class of 92 with garner Chong, Greenwood and Gomez. 3 very average young players and one special talent.

we weren't handicapped this season like some would like us to believe, he thought this squad was equipped.
No he didn’t. But he could hardly come out pre season and say the squad is shite, there’s no more money, we’re £#%&!ed. They had to sell Lukaku to pay for Maguire; we’re double handicapped.

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:36 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
We’ve yet to see any evidence of that in the first team tbh.
Mate he’s a much better technical footballer than Lingard
That isn’t in doubt
Why not try it

£#%&!ing Lingard who hasn’t scored or assisted in the league in over 12 months
Has a top level number 10 ever down that before

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:37 AM
dunk

Quote:
Mate he’s a much better technical footballer than Lingard
That isn’t in doubt
Why not try it

£#%&!ing Lingard who hasn’t scored or assisted in the league in over 12 months
Has a top level number 10 ever down that before
Ozil can’t be far off tbf

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:43 AM
92ToBury

You cannot take ONE BILLION POUNDS out of the club over 15 years and expect us to still be competitive. The money isn't there, the owners are charlatans and Woodward is running the club by spreadsheet. Profits go up because costs are cut but the ability to execute drops off considerably.

To use a technical term, we're Donald Ducked.

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:49 AM
marlo

Quote:

No he didn’t. But he could hardly come out pre season and say the squad is shite, there’s no more money, we’re f***ed. They had to sell Lukaku to pay for Maguire; we’re double handicapped.
lets not invent things please.

ole said he was happy with the squad so thats what we go with.

this is why Mourinho was a better man. he let us know he wasn't happy.
last preseason was on the phone in the lobby of the hotel saying everything is 'shit' which is was..

if ole says he is happy then we have to judge him on the squad he was happy to go into the season with.
then theres the fact why wouldn't he be happy. he is in a job he doesn't deserve, a job that's at a level he would never possibly get close to getting again.
a job he hasn't proved himself to be capable of doing .

we have a amateur at a wheel and your only kidding yourself making excuses for him.
and as the excuses keep coming...he runs out the shade you guys cover him with to be exposed even more...

-we don't beat the big teams anymore
-the high press he said he'd integrate pre season lasted 2/3 games in august
-the tactics are nowhere to be season
-the squad is not fitter that before he took over
-no one can point to anything on the footballing side that he has improved
-

Unread 23-01-2020, 12:56 AM
ScarFace

Ole IS happy. The @#%&! was working in a Helly Hansen warehouse before we hired him.

Unread 23-01-2020, 02:09 AM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony

2. Liverpool - last won the League in 1990 yes 1990 we were f***ing 13th - 31 points behind. They have been shocking since - finished 8th 3 times. Fair f***s to Klopp he's done an amazing job.

We need some stability, some vision and a lot of investment not quick fixes - we know that from our years in the wilderness.
History going to repeat itself then

we win FA cup this year and in 2023 win EPL again (we won our first title under SAF 3 years on from Liverpool's last) and then total of 11 or of 20 EPLs after that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Busby made a comeback after things turned to shit. Fergie...
Not happening, after SAF's illnessess.

But Only time I saw any possibilty of SAF comming back was after Moyes was sacked but that didn't happen.
But Time frame whise the entry SAF era strech longer 1986-2013, than Busby retired for second time in 1971, after first retired in 1969, (1945-1971)

Unread 23-01-2020, 03:37 AM
shenwen

Feel for Ole and if he doesn't get the support he needs in this window he should walk and hold on to some dignity.

Again though, he (and his coaching team) has some responsibility. No matter how threadbare our squad is and no matter how bad the players are performing, we just shouldn't be losing these games. And not just losing but losing bad. In the final third we have nothing. We're static.

Heavy few weeks coming up.

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:29 AM
barca99

As some have said on other threads he should just walk.

This isnt a fairytale where he leads us back to the top ffs.

Stupid appointment that has back fired beyond belief.

Go before it gets much much worse. Every game that goes by is another black mark. Lose sunday and things could get silly.

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:38 AM
Sandman

Quote:
No he didn’t. But he could hardly come out pre season and say the squad is shite, there’s no more money, we’re f***ed. They had to sell Lukaku to pay for Maguire; we’re double handicapped.
Adding Maguire, Bissaka, and James to a shite squad was alarm bell times tbh. Maguire is an awful lump of a player, Bissaka is one dimensional, and offers nothing going forward, which hasn't moved us any further forward than when Valencia was our right back, seeing Williams's impact just highlights the fact further. James is a trier, but only seems to be of use on the counter.

So, yes, the Glazers, and Woodward are rotten to the core, and shouldn't have been allowed anywhere near our club. Unfortunately, that doesn't change the reality that Ole seems to be well out of his depth, as a coach, and player recruiter. We've yet again wasted whatever funds were available, on players that personally, I wouldn't mind seeing the back off.

It's a masterclass in how not to run a club, from top, to bottom.

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:46 AM
Patty_b

If I had any belief that he would get some sort of real backing from the board I'd still be behind him 100%. Won't happen though, he should just walk for his own sake and be honest with his reasons, then a little bit of good may come of this depressing situation.

Looks as though the board have run the numbers and realised that we'd lose more money buying the players required and finishing 4th without getting rid of the players that need to get shifted at all costs, than we would if we carry on with the squad as it is and finish anywhere outside the top 4.

Unread 23-01-2020, 08:50 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
As some have said on other threads he should just walk.

This isnt a fairytale where he leads us back to the top ffs.

Stupid appointment that has back fired beyond belief.

Go before it gets much much worse. Every game that goes by is another black mark. Lose sunday and things could get silly.
Could get silly?...

We’re already there.

Have you seen our next 5+ fixtures and we’re only 4 points ahead of 14th place...

Thing is I’m not sure any top manager would want to come here. I really do feel for Ole in all of this, he’s being asked to work miracles and although he’s out of his depth the situation hasn’t been helped by those above him.

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:04 AM
Mr_Ed

he’s a Patsy... loves the club, won’t speak out.

Tactically I’ve seen nothing that is all that. We’re consistently failing to get shots on target in matches.

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:29 AM
Terry Truthman

Feel sorry for the guy, clearly out of his depth

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:31 AM
Dr Stranger

Just because there is nobody who can fix this outright (and there isn't) doesn't mean we should plough ahead anyway.

Unfortunately for Ole, the easiest and most obvious thing to do is change the manager.

It's a disaster on the pitch, but I really do believe getting rid of the shite he has is a big step and something the next guy will benefit from.

Yes, it's left us thin on the ground now, but that's the price we pay. I think Ole has been quite unselfish on that front.

He alluded to it in his interview last night saying how the plan was to gut it out and build it up.... hinting that the building up really needs to happen right now.

If it's Poch, we would be getting a better coach. I don't think there's much doubt about that. He is at least SLIGHTLY similar to Ole in terms of being an arm-round-the-shoulder type who will hopefully promote the youth side of things.

If....massive if.... we could get a director of football or some proper structure above him, it could work.

As some have pointed out, liverpool have done it. They struck gold with Klopp, but they also got their shit together with recruitment. If their recruitment was as bad under him as it was Hodgson and Rodgers, they wouldn't be in this position.

I feel so bad for Ole. He's a top red and he was brought he to do a temp job in good faith, now he's got that look of death and rot that all the other guys before him have had. He's been hung out to dry like we knew he would.

The bigger problems are above him, but he's the easiest one to fix and that's what we'll do if this continues.

I don't think he'll go just yet, but lose at the weekend and at City and that might be too much.

I'd love it if he just walked.

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:42 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Just because there is nobody who can fix this outright (and there isn't) doesn't mean we should plough ahead anyway.

Unfortunately for Ole, the easiest and most obvious thing to do is change the manager.

It's a disaster on the pitch, but I really do believe getting rid of the shite he has is a big step and something the next guy will benefit from.

Yes, it's left us thin on the ground now, but that's the price we pay. I think Ole has been quite unselfish on that front.

He alluded to it in his interview last night saying how the plan was to gut it out and build it up.... hinting that the building up really needs to happen right now.

If it's Poch, we would be getting a better coach. I don't think there's much doubt about that. He is at least SLIGHTLY similar to Ole in terms of being an arm-round-the-shoulder type who will hopefully promote the youth side of things.

If....massive if.... we could get a director of football or some proper structure above him, it could work.

As some have pointed out, liverpool have done it. They struck gold with Klopp, but they also got their shit together with recruitment. If their recruitment was as bad under him as it was Hodgson and Rodgers, they wouldn't be in this position.

I feel so bad for Ole. He's a top red and he was brought he to do a temp job in good faith, now he's got that look of death and rot that all the other guys before him have had. He's been hung out to dry like we knew he would.

The bigger problems are above him, but he's the easiest one to fix and that's what we'll do if this continues.

I don't think he'll go just yet, but lose at the weekend and at City and that might be too much.

I'd love it if he just walked.
The longer he stays the more heat will fall on Woodward and co imo.

Any other manager and like we’ve seen with Mou and Van Gaal they’ll take the brunt of the shit from the fans.

I’m happy for him to keep his job just for that reason tbh.

Would be great if he walked and called the owners and Woodward out but that’s just not going to happen.

Unread 23-01-2020, 09:46 AM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The longer he stays the more heat will fall on Woodward and co imo.

Any other manager and like we’ve seen with Mou and Van Gaal they’ll take the brunt of the shit from the fans.

I’m happy for him to keep his job just for that reason tbh.

Would be great if he walked and called the owners and Woodward out but that’s just not going to happen.
Be a clause in his contract that says he can't criticise the owners - even if they sack him.
Closed Thread