United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: erik ten hag
in 55 55.00%
out 45 45.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-04-2024, 09:53 AM
Sparky***

Even when you're building a team there has to be a minimum standard and my god we're falling so far short of that at the moment.

After 30 games we've lost more games than west ham, brighton, chelsea, bournemouth and only one less than everton and palace.

that's just not even in the same galaxy as being good enough for the money we've lavished on this squad

We're going to end the season having probably lost about 14 games.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:25 AM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Even when you're building a team there has to be a minimum standard and my god we're falling so far short of that at the moment.

After 30 games we've lost more games than west ham, brighton, chelsea, bournemouth and only one less than everton and palace.

that's just not even in the same galaxy as being good enough for the money we've lavished on this squad

That last sentence is about the most optimistic thing I think I’ve ever seen you post.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:28 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post

This is very true. You can’t simply say “give someone three years”. They has to be a baseline level maintained. People’s line and levels of patience will differ, but you can’t just be horrendously shit and then press the button on year three.

If we finish 7th or 8th, it’s going to be hard to make a case for any manager to keep his job at this club.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:34 AM
magic_cantona

The football, for most games, is £#%&!ing shocking. Last night was probably the best bits of football I've seen from us this season, but it's just bits. And we lost in appalling fashion.

It's weird how some wanted Jose and LVG out because of the state of the football but want Ten Hag to be given more time.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:37 AM
Bunker Buster

I love you Erik.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:40 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
The football, for most games, is £#%&!ing shocking. Last night was probably the best bits of football I've seen from us this season, but it's just bits. And we lost in appalling fashion.

It's weird how some wanted Jose and LVG out because of the state of the football but want Ten Hag to be given more time.
Tbf most people wanted Jose out because it turned very toxic (“football heritage” etc) and the majority of the ones that want tenners to have more time wanted to keep VG until he was well into his 80’s.

Dr Stranger

Quote:

And we played nice stuff because it was wide open. We are better when it’s chaotic, and even then we don’t always end up on the right side of it

The nature of some of our games this season have been truly ridiculous. Games that should happen once every blue moon happen quite regularly

3-3 in Gala
3-2 at home to Gala
4-3 in Copenhagen

All leads thrown away, regained and thrown away again

2-1 Brentford. 93rd and 96th minute

4-3 Wolves. 2 up, 2-2, 3-2, concede deep in injury time and then win it. Insane.

Liverpool fa cup. Madness. The last two games. Madness.

It’s great when it goes for you, but it’s not a sustainable way of playing and it speaks to what a disorganised mess we are.

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster View Post
I love you Erik.
Gone off Ethers now have you?Sorry pal. Just lolz.

Finport Red

Quote:
I love you Erik.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:42 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Gone off Ethers now have you?Sorry pal. Just lolz.
Shut up you dome headed £#%&!ing simpleton.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:46 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Shut up you dome headed £#%&!ing simpleton.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:53 AM
jem

I never wanted king louis out. should have been given more time. fergie was given more time, so lvg probably would have won us a couple of european cups.

10h has had enough time to wake the £#%&! up.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:55 AM
NedKelly

I’ve never stopped missing LVG. Wish he was still here.

Unread 05-04-2024, 10:56 AM
Lok

Did we ever get a picture of the woman playing the saxophone?

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:06 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
I’ve never stopped missing LVG. Wish he was still here.
Everyday ....

But we're a sacking club now, instant league title pushes every year, or you're out ....
This generation of permy online fabs crave it....
New memes, what will the podcast say, let us cook, alternative Comms should be good..... Etc etcetera

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:08 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Everyday ....

But we're a sacking club now, instant league title pushes every year, or you're out ....
New memes, what will the podcast say, let us cook, alternative Comms should be good..... Etc etcetera
It’s not even about conceding goals anymore - it’s about conceding shots. The game’s dead.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:09 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Everyday ....

It’s just not good enough and nowt to do with online stuff.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:13 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love View Post
It’s just not good enough and nowt to do with online stuff.
Then you are giving a silverware winning united manager 16 months with this squad and injuries...

Done

Don't make it about online then, you are a title winning snob, unable to give a manager time ...

Enjoy the next one

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:14 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Everyday ....

We're a sacking club because under the Glazers we've consistently made the wrong sporting decisions.

You'd hope under Ineos things will get better and more settled.

But there is still no reason to keep EtH in the job. It's not blood thirsty internet fans. It's people fed up of watching the same shit week in week out with no sign of improvement whatsoever. You can call people stat nerds etc... but our eyes all tell us the same. We're all left feeling the same after every match.

A manager doesn't have to come in and win the league, they don't even have to mount a challenge in their first few years. But they do have to show clear progress. They do have to prove they can adapt to the league and learn from their own mistakes. That is clearly not happening here. I feel slightly sorry for him because he came in to an impossible job and it is too big for him. It was probably too big for anyone. It will get easier for the next guy but EtH is a busted flush and we can't stick with him now.

Unread 05-04-2024, 11:14 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly View Post
It’s not even about conceding goals anymore - it’s about conceding shots. The game’s dead.
RIP, Erik. You were never given a chance

Enjoy Southgate or Potter, lads.