United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:19 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Doesn't surprise me a tory scoffed at the prospect of Ronaldinho coming to Utd. Joyless toff.
it shouldn't surprise you, because I said it at the time, too. last thing we needed.

on the other hand, it shouldn't surprise you that I'm not a tory voter either.

also, given my comments on mourinhoball, the last thing you could say about my approach to football is that it is joyless. ronaldinho is a stepover too far, though.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:23 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Talented young attacker is not a consistent match winner at 20 years old but becomes one as he matures and develops. Shocking evolution of a player.
Yeah i'm sure i'd look a match winner as well with a selection of Europe's best and most in form playmakers laying goals on a fucking plate for me.

Put Sterling in this United team and see how good he fucking looks with "someone get that cross" rashford on one side and "dog with stick that's too large for door but tries anyway" Martial on the other... whilst everyone else chases their first touch about.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:24 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
it shouldn't surprise you, because I said it at the time, too. last thing we needed.

on the other hand, it shouldn't surprise you that I'm not a tory voter either.

also, given my comments on mourinhoball, the last thing you could say about my approach to football is that it is joyless. ronaldinho is a step too far, though.
Fair point pal.

1754 posts in the brexit thread makes me think your approach to life is joyless though

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:27 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Rashford is 20 years old. The anti Rashford crowd baffle me, how was Raheem Sterling perceived 18 months ago?
Its not about being anti-Rashford, its just stating the obvious. He has some real deficiencies in his game & at this stage he is not good enough to be starting at a club with ambitions of winning major trophies. He has potential, but too many are caught up in the "local lad' hype & over rate him massively. Utd fans in an MEN poll valued him the same as Pogba & ahead of Martial & the rest of the team. I hope you are right & he becomes the player to lead us to the title but in his 3rd season he doesn't seem to have improved from when he started, thats the worry for me.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:30 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Aside from running fast in straight lines, what exactly does Rashford do exceptionally well bearing in mind that he's got virtually 100 first team appearances under his belt?

He doesn't cross well, can't take free kicks, he's not a great finisher, he doesn't show an eye for a pass, he doesn't seem to show much game intelligence to see the bigger picture beyond the ball at his feet.

What area has he improved in since he made his debut? What does he do better?

Fuck all, would be the answer to that. He's not got one bit better.

Martial on the other hand is a great finisher and better at beating people. He is however a lazy prick who quickly lets his head drop when things don't go his way.
In December:

Believe he scored a free kick against Celta?

Strange lad.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:30 AM
Kangared

Quote:
The man's been in the job 18 months, won 2 trophies, got us into the latter stages of the champions league for the first time in nearly 5 years. All this after he inherited an absolute dog's dinner of a mess of a squad when he took over comprised of players signed by 3 different managers.

All his key players that he signed have all been laid off at one point for months on end with injuries and he's only signed 5 of them.
Spot on. Only MickyT hasn't been a success. Although Lindelof I'm not convinced on , I don't see how he is better than Tuanzebe.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:32 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Fair point pal.

1754 posts in the brexit thread makes me think your approach to life is joyless though

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:34 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
In December:

https://youtu.be/nExbK6KEm3g

Believe he scored a free kick against Celta?

Strange lad.
So 1 cross, a shot that didnít go in and a tap in.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:36 AM
magic_cantona

Perfect storm of absolute cup final/Roy of The Rovers stuff for them, full stadium for the first time in years, players up for it and they deserved it.

Our players look half arsed and looked liked they'd rather be elsewhere. Add to that a changed side, some shite players who really need shoeing out in January and a general malaise and it was pathetically obvious is wasnt going to be us winning.

Positives:

Shaw
Pogba
Two less games against 'big sides' that Chelsea and Arsenal will go all out to win - and City will do them anyway
It's the league cup

Arsed about the attitudes and state of some of our players, not arsed about not going through. Minus top red points, not arsed.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:43 AM
FUCK KFC

Quote:
The man's been in the job 18 months, won 2 trophies, got us into the latter stages of the champions league for the first time in nearly 5 years. All this after he inherited an absolute dog's dinner of a mess of a squad when he took over comprised of players signed by 3 different managers.

All his key players that he signed have all been laid off at one point for months on end with injuries and he's only signed 5 of them.
This...all of it...Pogba was out for 3 months ffs and we are still second and with a mu ch better points tally than last year ...if we go from sixth to second how is that not progress....still think we will win the CL or go closer than any other English club

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Perfect storm of absolute cup final/Roy of The Rovers stuff for them, full stadium for the first time in years, players up for it and they deserved it.

Our players look half arsed and looked liked they'd rather be elsewhere. Add to that a changed side, some shite players who really need shoeing out in January and a general malaise and it was pathetically obvious is wasnt going to be us winning.

Positives:

Shaw
Pogba
Two less games against 'big sides' that Chelsea and Arsenal will go all out to win - and City will do them anyway
It's the league cup

Arsed about the attitudes and state of some of our players, not arsed about not going through. Minus top red points, not arsed.
Exactly...its the League Cup