United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-03-2021, 12:17 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
We missed out on Bruno for a window to save pennies. Or we were just incompetent. Or both.

There will be no Haland.
I'm going with the "saving pennies" thing personally.

Unread 07-03-2021, 02:33 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
£#%&! me if this kid ends up at City....he's a goal scoring machine
Can’t see it tbh. Doesn’t strike me as a Guardiola forward. He won’t want his team set up to the strengths of a 9 he tends to go for more interchangeable players.

My bet is a few years at Chelsea then Spain when Real and Barca have recovered.

Unread 07-03-2021, 02:33 AM
tatty

Put yourself in Haland's position just for a moment and could you honestly say you'd move to United?

Even as a fan i'd be thanking Woody for the interest whilst getting chubbs to see what City, Real, Bayern etc were offering.

We shouldn't be embarrassing ourselves by pretending to be involved.

Unread 07-03-2021, 07:51 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
He will cost around 120-150 million as much as the club want you the believe we have the money we don’t. Man City, Chelsea or PSG if they sell mbappe

Not only do we not have the money we don’t have the competency at board level to pull this off. I’d take him in a heartbeat but it just won’t happen. We will sign a couple of players totalling 70 million if we are lucky.
No he won't. He has a buyout of clause of €75m and is the reason we didn't sign him.

That and wanting to show Riola etc...

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:33 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
No he won't. He has a buyout of clause of €75m and is the reason we didn't sign him.

That and wanting to show Riola etc...
Stop talking shit. It was nothing to do with "showing" Riaola. Maybe after the farce of the Pogba situation they didn't want to sign a player who we would have the same issues with down the line.

We are Manchester United. Fair play to them for not wanting to bow down to that #@&%!. Also if Haaland was sound he would have demanded the United move and told his agent not to bother with the clause in his contract.

But he didn't, so he's just another puppet making millions for a shark.

Unread 07-03-2021, 10:24 AM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Stop talking shit. It was nothing to do with "showing" Riaola. Maybe after the farce of the Pogba situation they didn't want to sign a player who we would have the same issues with down the line.

We are Manchester United. Fair play to them for not wanting to bow down to that #@&%!. Also if Haaland was sound he would have demanded the United move and told his agent not to bother with the clause in his contract.

We didn’t buy him out of principle.. we are Manchester United... yes, yes of course.

Unread 07-03-2021, 10:34 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
We only have pogba and Bruno worth swapping . Bruno never in a million years and pogba has one year left on his contract.

The other option is we manage to sign a couple of players who are unheard of but have good qualities . Sort of what the majority of fergies best signings were. Outside of van persie , Rio and Rooney I can’t remember any of his major big name signings being a huge success.

The problem with this is our scouting teams seems to be run by amateurs. Combine that with an inept transfer committee and we end up with pot luck on our transfers .Out of all the signings since Ferguson we can only consider Bruno being a success . So 1 signing in 30 odd players comes good
Apart from Pallister, Ince, Keane, Cole, Yorke, Van Nistelrooy,etc.?

Unread 07-03-2021, 11:14 AM
saffers

Joan Laporta, former Barca president and favourite to win todays elections for Barca presidency has promised to bring in Haaland. Also is armed with an 800m euros warchest.

Unread 07-03-2021, 11:24 AM
Vedder

800m warchest ffs Barca are £#%&!ing skint.

Unread 07-03-2021, 11:34 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Joan Laporta, former Barca president and favourite to win todays elections for Barca presidency has promised to bring in Haaland. Also is armed with an 800m euros warchest.

Unread 07-03-2021, 11:39 AM
shenwen

Like anyone has a 800m war chest in 2021

Saffers - I respect the effort but...

Unread 07-03-2021, 11:41 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Like anyone has a 800m war chest in 2021

Saffers - I respect the effort but...
He has a lot of money behind his presidential campaign.

The rich have actually gotten richer in these times. Look at the list of billionaires in each country.

If you are referring to Barca the club itself then you are absolutely right. They're basically broke. Haven't even paid their players the reduced salaries they agreed to.

Unread 07-03-2021, 12:20 PM
utd99

Quote:

The rich have actually gotten richer in these times. Look at the list of billionaires in each country.

If you are referring to Barca the club itself then you are absolutely right. They're basically broke. Haven't even paid their players the reduced salaries they agreed to.
So, to recap:

Barcelona ‘the club’ are in massive debt, not paying their bills, being financially strangled by one player and have investigations and prosecutions coming out of their collective asses;

But:

They’re going to sanction a huge transfer spend because, apparently, in 2021 the “rich have gotten richer”? C’mon mate.... what’s Jeff Bezos going to buy Haaland and donate him?

Unread 07-03-2021, 12:57 PM
believe

Quote:
Sort of what the majority of fergies best signings were. Outside of van persie , Rio and Rooney I can’t remember any of his major big name signings being a huge success.

Thank god you saved me the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Apart from Pallister, Ince, Keane, Cole, Yorke, Van Nistelrooy,etc.?

Unread 07-03-2021, 01:00 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
800m warchest ffs Barca are £#%&!ing skint.
Yep 800m will leave them about 200m in the red still

Unread 07-03-2021, 01:01 PM
puressence

Quote:

They won’t play couthino as his next game costs 5 million. That’s how £#%&!ed they are

Unread 07-03-2021, 01:28 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

According to some people on here that exactly what we did and for good reason because we are Manchester United etc...

Just like you have above.

We aren't the draw we used to be. Fact.

Unread 07-03-2021, 02:56 PM
utd99

Quote:
According to some people on here that exactly what we did and for good reason because we are Manchester United etc...

Jesus mate; have a bit more of an inferiority complex.

Don’t you support Chelsea these days anyway?

Unread 07-03-2021, 04:19 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Jesus mate; have a bit more of an inferiority complex.

Don’t you support Chelsea these days anyway?
I don't think it's an inferiority complex it's just reality.

We aren't as attractive as other clubs whether that's finances, management, prospects etc.

If we had oil money and hundreds of millions to spend every year then the situation would be very different.

Unread 07-03-2021, 08:28 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
We didn’t buy him out of principle.. we are Manchester United... yes, yes of course.
So you don't agree.

You're negative about everything to do with United.

Would you have enjoyed a Haaland circus?

You'd be the first to £#%&!ing moan.

Quote:

So you would have been happy with a circus?

United clearly pulled out for a reason.

"Not the draw we were" I know that but he plays for Dortmund. Who are fighting to finish in the top 4 in Germany.

He will go elsewhere from there but who cares?

When did our support become such fannies. Modern day init. Although you went on a couple of aways back in the day aye.
Closed Thread