United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-03-2021, 02:03 PM
Mr_Ed

Default We’ve borrowed another £60m

and are now £455m in debt... can’t see us splashing the cash on any big name signings soon.

Good times.

Unread 05-03-2021, 02:17 PM
Jack Duckworth

time to get the green and gold scarves out again

Unread 05-03-2021, 02:19 PM
Sparky***

Don't worry i hear the saudi takeover is happening any year now.

Unread 05-03-2021, 02:25 PM
Chorlton74

didn't Sky Sports quote OGS as saying that he wouldn't be spending in the summer anyway?

by hardly playing DVDB and Pellistri, Amad and Shoretire just starting to get game time, his paymasters will treat strengthening as unnecessary. im no doubt sure we'll get some nobody out of Inter Milan for what they owe as well.

Suspect that Pogba/Martial or DDG will be sold and whatever is recouped off them, will not be made available. The gimps will be creaming themselves at this youth conveyor belt.

Unread 05-03-2021, 02:59 PM
MUFC One Love

And people wonder why city are so much better than us...

Unread 05-03-2021, 03:01 PM
dunk

That's to pay Dave's Paternity leave

Unread 05-03-2021, 03:10 PM
ryanMUFC

How much do the Glazers take in dividends?

Unread 05-03-2021, 03:11 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
didn't Sky Sports quote OGS as saying that he wouldn't be spending in the summer anyway?

by hardly playing DVDB and Pellistri, Amad and Shoretire just starting to get game time, his paymasters will treat strengthening as unnecessary. im no doubt sure we'll get some nobody out of Inter Milan for what they owe as well.

Suspect that Pogba/Martial or DDG will be sold and whatever is recouped off them, will not be made available. The gimps will be creaming themselves at this youth conveyor belt.
This.

'Tough times for everyone' is the new 'There's no value in the market'.

Unread 05-03-2021, 03:11 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
How much do the Glazers take in dividends?
11m a few months back.

good for them, eh?

Unread 05-03-2021, 03:31 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
11m a few months back.

good for them, eh?

It’s within their right obviously, it’s just a business to them.

At the same time they’ll expect fans to come through the turnstiles at some point every other week and be completely okay with a substandard squad that’s half arsing a title challenge.

It would be better if they reduced the number of British teams in the CL to stop clubs happily cruising into 2nd, 3rd and 4th for the financial reward of being in the competition.

Unread 05-03-2021, 04:44 PM
Neo

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
Got the call in my MiB WhatsApp group that we're going in, but I told the lads to hold fire until June 21st.

Unread 05-03-2021, 08:17 PM
Stickman

Now if we could just keep our stadium empty for a few games when fans are allowed back in

Unread 05-03-2021, 08:23 PM
measlyshark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
16 years. £#%&! me. How times have flown through a carefully launched bucket of diarrhoea.

Unread 05-03-2021, 08:28 PM
AK14

But we’ll still sign Varane, Haaland and Sancho... right?

Right!?

Unread 05-03-2021, 08:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
But we’ll still sign Varane, Haaland and Sancho... right?

Right!?
oh yeah for sure.

I'll set up the gofundme right now

Unread 05-03-2021, 08:59 PM
Mr_Ed

It’s alright, we’ll be signing Haaland this summer. Nothing to see here. Move along. 🙄

Unread 05-03-2021, 09:07 PM
red in cumbria

We will make at least one big name signing I suspect, might have to shift some more dead wood off our books to help finance it tho.

Unread 05-03-2021, 09:22 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
We will make at least one big name signing I suspect, might have to shift some more dead wood off our books to help finance it tho.
would help if inter would pay us what they owe

Unread 05-03-2021, 09:30 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
No we won’t. We’ll top off the media to keep the fans off our back and then sign nobody and everyone laps it up. Case in point Sancho.

Gullible.

Unread 06-03-2021, 12:15 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
No we won’t. We’ll top off the media to keep the fans off our back and then sign nobody and everyone laps it up. Case in point Sancho.

Gullible.
Yes, and we started the season so badly that the suits were forced into some panic buys anyway.

They might want to avoid that again, if only for PR purposes.
Closed Thread