United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-08-2019, 03:04 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Get Maddison, Sancho and a left back next summer and we could be back in business

Unread 19-08-2019, 03:08 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
shut up

Unread 19-08-2019, 03:13 PM
Ethers

Is there a different Maddison in the PL people keep going on about, or do they genuinely mean that little Tom Cleverley clone at Leicester?

Unread 19-08-2019, 03:20 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
No chance of winning the league but a good chance of closing the gap to the top 2.
We could definitely push for 3rd this season

Get Maddison, Sancho and a left back next summer and we could be back in business
I see the concussion still hasn't worn off

Unread 19-08-2019, 03:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Is there a different Maddison in the PL people keep going on about, or do they genuinely mean that little Tom Cleverley clone at Leicester?
not fit to lace Longstaff's boots imo

Unread 19-08-2019, 03:27 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
not fit to lace Longstaff's boots imo
Never seen him play so can't comment

Maddison is 22, lacks consistency but that will come. Could be a very good player for one of the "bigger" teams and is much better than Mata/Lingard in that playmaker role

Unread 19-08-2019, 03:30 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Not feeling all this spurs high regard, decent but nothing more and very likely to win nothing as per. Seeing the gidometer spiralling is funny too

Unread 19-08-2019, 03:51 PM
saayfooty

Not gonna win the league.

The manager still hasn't fixed the attack. People have to be hyper critical. Against Chelsea, we got lucky with the first goal. Once we scored that, we countered which Chelsea couldn't handle because their defensive structure doesn't exist. We didn't attack well. The players still look like they are making it up on the spot.

The defence might be better due to the purchase of Maguire but it depends on who plays in the midfield. I'm not a fan of two holding mids. I would like to see 433. I think Ole is playing that because we don't have enough depth in CM/DM position. Who's to blame for that? Woodward probably.

We have yet to produce 90 minutes of quality football. The last time I remember seeing that was against Cardiff for Ole's first game, but they were and are crap. Before that game, I cannot remember a scintillating performance. Maybe the run of 4 nil games we had with Mourinho at the start of his second season. lol 95% of the time, we have no clue going forward and Ole likes to let the oppos full backs double up against our full back.

Unread 19-08-2019, 04:04 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
and we still wouldn’t have a midfield

Yep.

Neves and Ndidi would be nice.

Unread 19-08-2019, 04:13 PM
jaffo

Quote:
Never seen him play so can't comment

Maddison is 22, lacks consistency but that will come. Could be a very good player for one of the "bigger" teams and is much better than Mata/Lingard in that playmaker role

Unread 19-08-2019, 04:21 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaffo
The good old days

Unread 19-08-2019, 04:24 PM
jaffo

Quote:
The good old days
Surely time for a rematch pal?

Unread 19-08-2019, 04:26 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Surely time for a rematch pal?
My boxing days are over pal, taken over a mens football team on a saturday so working towards a premier league job instead

Unread 19-08-2019, 04:29 PM
jaffo

Quote:
My boxing days are over pal, taken over a mens football team on a saturday so working towards a premier league job instead
Remember your old mates from Swadesh when you're leading United to #21 won't you?

puressence

Maddison is excellent massive red aswell. Would rather have brooks also massive red

ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Remember your old mates from Swadesh when you're leading United to #21 won't you?
No mate

Unread 19-08-2019, 04:33 PM
Buck

Quote:

Unread 19-08-2019, 04:42 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Unread 19-08-2019, 04:54 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 20-08-2019, 12:13 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence