United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:19 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Great he's going, bit crackers he's unlikely to be replaced. For all his faults he scored 42 goals during his time. Don't know if anyone else came close to that. Rashford's hardly prolific and I'm pretty certain Martial isn't the answer.

Struggled to create and take chances the past few years and I'm not sure that's going to change this season.

When I think about the midfield options it just depresses me further. Yet Ole is 'satisfied' with his squad.
He's a £#%&!ing horrible player. I gave him the benefit of the doubt at the start but within weeks you could tell what we had been lumbered with. He's an awful footballer. I'm just staggered we've managed to get so much money for him.

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:20 PM
redhegemony

Will do well in Italy if they don't enforce the offside law.

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:21 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Great he's going, bit crackers he's unlikely to be replaced. For all his faults he scored 42 goals during his time. Don't know if anyone else came close to that. Rashford's hardly prolific and I'm pretty certain Martial isn't the answer.

Struggled to create and take chances the past few years and I'm not sure that's going to change this season.

When I think about the midfield options it just depresses me further. Yet Ole is 'satisfied' with his squad.
How would anyone else come close to that when he was the center forward for most of that time

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:26 PM
Sparky***

Not great money considering what some are going for these days but he's gone.

Now it's time for the forum sacred cow to start scoring some goals to justify the endless patience

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:31 PM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Not great money considering what some are going for these days but he's gone.

Now it's time for the forum sacred cow to start scoring some goals to justify the endless patience
Pure?

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:33 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:

PL 2018/19 goals per minute

Martial 162

Rashford 234

Lulaku 177

17/18

Martial 176

Lulaku 180

Rashford 258

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:34 PM
ScarFace

Got a nice sell on clause apparently. So when he moves to Sunderland next season we'll get 20p.

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:40 PM
MartialLaw

So just to confirm martial had a better strike ratio in each of the last two seasons despite playing wide the majority of the time.

People wondering how we will replace this carthorses goals

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:44 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

He was woeful pal. That we haven’t got a replacement is a huge concern though because I think both martial and rashers would benefit from not being respective leading front players.

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:45 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw

Martial 162

Rashford 234

Lulaku 177

17/18

Martial 176

Lulaku 180

Rashford 258
That's a lot of goals per minute.

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:46 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
That's a lot of goals per minute.

He’s such a dick splash.

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:47 PM
Ethers

Like a new signing tbh

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:52 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
He was woeful pal. That we haven’t got a replacement is a huge concern though because I think both martial and rashers would benefit from not being respective leading front players.
PB's tweet this morning pretty much summed up the situation nicely.

Heading into the season with a new defence but not much in front to protect it (or create) and a front line that's an injury away from folk scanning the list of out of contract strikers.

Just to add I wasn't expecting everything resolved in one window, that was never going to happen. However given how shite the midfield has been over the past few seasons, even before departures, and the probability of Pogba downing tools once again I did think United would manage at least a couple of central midfielders. Have a strong midfield, better placed to control and possibly win. What chance of United controlling the game on Sunday, then vs Wolves? Mind you that would mean United had a board who cared about football results, they don't.

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:54 PM
otbarney

Minutes per goal, you £#%&!ing plum.

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:56 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by otbarney
Minutes per goal, you £#%&!ing plum.
Who the £#%&! are you

Unread 07-08-2019, 07:57 PM
Part 36 Offer

Front 4:

Rashford
Martial
Sanchez
Greenwood

That's how the club will be justifying this. (Plus James on top and Gomes).

Unread 07-08-2019, 08:01 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw

Martial 162

Rashford 234

Lulaku 177

17/18

Martial 176

Lulaku 180

Rashford 258
This Lulaku lad sounds alright

Unread 07-08-2019, 08:02 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Front 4:

Rashford
Martial
Sanchez
Greenwood

That's how the club will be justifying this. (Plus James on top and Gomes).
Tbf I could probably live with that if United had good midfield options, someone other than Pogba to chip in with goals. That lad over at Lisbon would've been nice.

Unread 07-08-2019, 08:05 PM
poppy

Thumbs down

Deal is off according to VÉS.

Unread 07-08-2019, 08:11 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
The Juve/dybala %@#$&!s did it’s job then.
Closed Thread