United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-08-2019, 04:22 PM
Cream

Default Martial 2019 - a new beginning

New contract. Got his shirt number back.

A real one dimensional footballer imo. Not sure he will prosper under Ole.

Unread 11-08-2019, 04:23 PM
Patty_b

He needs a goal, hopefully that'll settle him down. He's got his position and his shirt number, his spots his to lose now.

Unread 11-08-2019, 04:56 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He needs a goal, hopefully that'll settle him down. He's got his position and his shirt number, his spots his to lose now.
Well he just got one, so....

Unread 11-08-2019, 05:00 PM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Well he just got one, so....
now he goes on to score many more hopefully

Unread 11-08-2019, 05:32 PM
MartialLaw

Op was a big kaku fan.

Unread 11-08-2019, 05:45 PM
Clownbones

That was a very un-Martially goal today.

Ole talking before the game about getting him nearer the goal.

He needs to do it more. They all do. Those are the 'bread and butter' we dont score enough. We horribly over-complicate most of the time. That was just a simple, good cross and a striker getting where he needs to be.

More, please.

Unread 11-08-2019, 05:45 PM
red in cumbria

Genuinely don't understand players who kick off about a shirt number, but if getting his "back" helps Martial then all to the good I suppose.

Unread 11-08-2019, 05:48 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Genuinely don't understand players who kick off about a shirt number, but if getting his "back" helps Martial then all to the good I suppose.
I don't mind it.

It's selfish. Strikers that are selfish and single-minded often have that desire.

Shearer always insisted on having the number 9 shirt.

I like that Rashford took the ball and wanted the penalty.

Stuff like that.

Unread 11-08-2019, 05:49 PM
ZiggyStardust

Didn’t have the greatest game but got his goal and did really well for the 4th goal

Lots more to come from him and Rashford

Unread 11-08-2019, 08:44 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
New contract. Got his shirt number back.

A real one dimensional footballer imo. Not sure he will prosper under Ole.
Nothing wrong with being one dimensional if you amazing at it i.e. Arjen Robben. Or to a much lesser extent...Raheem Sterling.

Martial is just a fun player to watch. With a bit more intensity he can be pulling numbers rivalling the best forwards in the league. It's not talent he is short in.

Unread 11-08-2019, 08:47 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
That was a very un-Martially goal today.

Ole talking before the game about getting him nearer the goal.

He needs to do it more. They all do. Those are the 'bread and butter' we dont score enough. We horribly over-complicate most of the time. That was just a simple, good cross and a striker getting where he needs to be.

More, please.
I saw him mention that in the post match. If he can score more, he's an upgrade on Lukaku. But not a massive one.

Did link up well for one of the goals mind you.

Unread 11-08-2019, 09:23 PM
believe

He was shit I’m buzzing at the result but it’s probably the most bizarre win I’ve ever seen.

Unread 11-08-2019, 09:58 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
He was shit I’m buzzing at the result but it’s probably the most bizarre win I’ve ever seen.
You're thinking of lingard.

Unread 11-08-2019, 10:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Didn't have a great game overall but I'm not expecting Martial to be a workhorse or be dominant all the time. He just needs to be a match-winner and arrive in the big moments. Did it today by being in the right place. Let's see if he can do it more regularly.

Unread 11-08-2019, 10:16 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Didn't have a great game overall but I'm not expecting Martial to be a workhorse or be dominant all the time. He just needs to be a match-winner and arrive in the big moments. Did it today by being in the right place. Let's see if he can do it more regularly.
Worked hard closed down stuck a few tackles in - thought he had a good all round game.

Unread 11-08-2019, 10:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Worked hard closed down stuck a few tackles in - thought he had a good all round game.
Not going to argue pal as I do love the lad.

Unread 12-08-2019, 03:25 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe

Garbage at times, as were most of the rest of the team, but he worked much harder than I've seen him before. Plus a goal that could give him a lot more confidence.

Unread 12-08-2019, 07:07 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Exactly.

Even in his best moments, he doesn't dominate games. He's talented and a match winner. We can play to that strength.

If he can combine more goals like yesterday with his more favoured sort of mazy run shit, he's capable of scoring 20 a season.

We were very clinical yesterday.

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:15 PM
AK14

Looked good first half

Not really in the game second half and missed a decent chance at the end of the first.

Unread 19-08-2019, 09:18 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Looked good first half

Not really in the game second half and missed a decent chance at the end of the first.
Thanks for that Matt Holland.
Closed Thread