United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 61 53.51%
Sack 53 46.49%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:35 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona View Post
Reminds me of that LVG one pre Stoke in 2015

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:02 AM
suedeshoes

If the new people have any %@#$&!s they back him and support him.

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:31 AM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
No if they have any he's gone end of season

Unread 14-04-2024, 01:33 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes View Post
If you’d invested 1.5BN would you be comfortable with him at the helm next season, as things look today?

There is balls and there is misplaced optimism. He seems completely unable to solve tactical issues we have had all season. Just tighten us up a bit?

Unread 14-04-2024, 07:59 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
If you’d invested 1.5BN would you be comfortable with him at the helm next season, as things look today?

There is balls and there is misplaced optimism. He seems completely unable to solve tactical issues we have had all season. Just tighten us up a bit?
aye. surely it’s tactics that are letting him down this season

rashford aside they don’t seem to be downing tools.

Unread 14-04-2024, 09:51 AM
The taste of...

Really hope SJR makes use of the forum experience when the time comes.

Forum sages knew best happy that Moyes was replaced with LVG, then happy having him replaced with MoU, then having him replaced with Ole, then having him replaced with ETH, now wanting him replaced with …. the next one, until….

Look no £#%&!ing further Jim, it’s all here for you pal.

Unread 14-04-2024, 09:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...

Forum sages knew best happy that Moyes was replaced with LVG, then happy having him replaced with MoU, then having him replaced with Ole, then having him replaced with ETH, now wanting him replaced with …. the next one, until….

Yes, it’s almost like it’s happened before and some of us have been watching United long enough to know when something’s not working.

Unread 14-04-2024, 10:05 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Yes, it’s almost like it’s happened before and some of us have been watching United long enough to know when something’s not working.
…..and then knew how to fix it……again …….and then knew how to ……

Unread 14-04-2024, 10:08 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of... View Post
…..and then knew how to fix it……again …….and then knew how to ……
But it’s not a problem that can just be fixed, it’s about having the right mix of people from top to bottom, which is a rarity at any football club not just United. It’s why we’ve managed it twice in a hundred years.

Unread 14-04-2024, 10:54 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
But it’s not a problem that can just be fixed, it’s about having the right mix of people from top to bottom, which is a rarity at any football club not just United. It’s why we’ve managed it twice in a hundred years.
Ohhhh and there’s everyone thinking it was just the manager

Unread 14-04-2024, 10:59 AM
believe

Quote:
Ohhhh and there’s everyone thinking it was just the manager
Well as it stands, the squad is the squad and can be changed accordingly. Everyone is happy about the new ownership structure and time will tell on that but letting this clown spend any more money on players he’s worked with before then killing them slowly with his “philosophy” seems like absolute madness. So yes I’d say it’s about the manager, especially this discussion about the manager on a thread about the manager.

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:16 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Well as it stands, the squad is the squad and can be changed accordingly. Everyone is happy about the new ownership structure and time will tell on that but letting this clown spend any more money on players he’s worked with before then killing them slowly with his “philosophy” seems like absolute madness. So yes I’d say it’s about the manager, especially this discussion about the manager on a thread about the manager.
You mean the thread about a manager where you say the next manager, this time definitely the next manager, not like the managers you kept not wanting anymore before, not them managers in a manager thread, but the next manager can work if he has the right structure around him. Now you can say everyone is happy with the new structure ( which incidentally you didn’t want?) the next manager will work. ?

But not this one, he wouldn’t benefit from a new structure. Not the one that didn’t trust the structure he had and couldn’t get his original choice and went for what he knew. The manager that you probably wanted? Or was it Poch?

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:20 AM
Lok

I refuse to believe that people actually want him to stay. Surely they're on a wum.

There's no way in hell he's fixing this mess he has created. We're almost certainly going to finish 8th and trophyless. The football is beyond awful, there is no progression, he looks lost and clueless and it looks like the players are starting to turn.l on him.

There's no way in this world anyone seriously wants this clown here next season. I wish they'd just get rid of him now so we can try and finish the season on a high.

Unread 14-04-2024, 11:23 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
You mean the thread about a manager where you say the next manager, this time definitely the next manager, not like the managers you kept not wanting anymore before, not them managers in a manager thread, but the next manager can work if he has the right structure around him. Now you can say everyone is happy with the new structure ( which incidentally you didn’t want?) the next manager will work. ?

But not this one, he wouldn’t benefit from a new structure. Not the one that didn’t trust the structure he had and couldn’t get his original choice and went for what he knew. The manager that you probably wanted? Or was it Poch?
No idea what most of this means tbh but I’ll try.

I didn’t say I was happy with the new structure, I’ve said a million times I couldn’t less about it because I think the ownership has always been a convenient way of deflecting the failures of the management. I wanted the glazers gone, that hasn’t happened.

I have no confidence that ten hag will do anything different under a new structure. Will the new structure give him half a billion to spend on new players he’s worked with before then make them play like a load of shit?

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:15 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
No idea what most of this means tbh but I’ll try.

I didn’t say I was happy with the new structure, I’ve said a million times I couldn’t less about it because I think the ownership has always been a convenient way of deflecting the failures of the management. I wanted the glazers gone, that hasn’t happened.

I have no confidence that ten hag will do anything different under a new structure. Will the new structure give him half a billion to spend on new players he’s worked with before then make them play like a load of shit?
I’ll take a guess at what you mean too then….

‘Let’s keep changing manager until we find ‘No 3’ then we can all sit back for ten years of glory. It took 26 years last time but surely can’t do again?’

May not apply to you but the Gen Fergie Glory years fanboys seem to think it will happen within in two seasons if we finally stumble on the one

None of them seem have an inkling of the cancer that is player power and how it needs to be dealt with

ETH has made mistakes, too right. I don’t count getting rinsed for Anthony as his though. Mount Id say is a percentage player that can fill a few roles.
The reality is that Manchester United FC, the biggest Club in Football, have had a structure that has culminated in ETH arriving and having to source bargain basement loan signings to put out a first team. That’s been over both his seasons. Other clubs have had injuries yes but any the size of United needed loans?

In my opinion most of those ge inherited and still works with don’t have the physical attributes to win one v one contests. He needs to replace those correctly

Not all have downed tools, unfortunately it seems those that haven’t can’t
adapt to how he wants to play. The U18s and U15s got a mention last week not to say the futures bright, but to make the point that they have no choice but to play his way. Seems to suit them though.

I reckon it is as far back as when they cantilevered the scoreboard end that the managers hand have been so tied. When we were getting cast offs like Ron Davies and George Graham.

ETH has had all the shit to deal with and might not have as good a season as last but not far off.

Deserves consideration under a proper structure but they’ll do what they want.

Unread 14-04-2024, 12:28 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

And has any of those managers done anything since they were sacked by Utd to make you think we made the wrong call in getting rid……of course not and it will be the same with ETH
Whatever ETH does after this I’m confident it won’t make us think we were too hasty in getting rid of him

One of the reasons why the structure has been so bad at Utd has been their choice of managers
Switching from one style of manager to another meaning we’re currently left with a dogs dinner of a squad

Fans like you need to come to terms with the fact that the days of the “football manager” are gone
You’ll never have a manager doing 10 plus years at a top club anymore in England as they’re head coaches now
Even Klopp will have only done 8 or 9 years at Liverpool and he’s probably the last manager of that type they’ll have

Fans have got to stop looking at the manager like some messianic figure who will lead out of these dark years
His job is now a head coach job which means all he has to do is get the best out of the first team squad
If he can’t do that then you move onto someone who hopefully can
The construction of the squad will no longer be shaped by the manager but by the sporting structure at the club

Unread 14-04-2024, 02:03 PM
BigRonManager

Quote:

Unread 14-04-2024, 02:29 PM
Sparky***

I'm utterly convinced Ten Hag has either been told directly or knows in his heart he's getting sacked at the end of the season. He looks utterly worn down now and he cuts an increasingly frustrated figure on the touchlines. Even the post match presser yesterday he walked out of because someone asked him about his future.

It all looks like someone who knows the jig is up and there's nothing more he can do to save his job.

Unread 14-04-2024, 02:35 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I'm utterly convinced Ten Hag has either been told directly or knows in his heart he's getting sacked at the end of the season. He looks utterly worn down now and he cuts an increasingly frustrated figure on the touchlines. Even the post match presser yesterday he walked out of because someone asked him about his future.

It all looks like someone who knows the jig is up and there's nothing more he can do to save his job.
In his defence, the press conference was over and he was getting up. They tagged a question on the end, he didn’t entertain it and they made out like he’d walked out. The press conference was over.

Agree with the general point though

Unread 14-04-2024, 02:36 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***