armchair

Donny has to start.

Unread 07-08-2021, 04:39 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Donny has to start.
I think he will.

Reckon it’ll be Fred for Matic and Pogba for James from today’s line up.

Unread 07-08-2021, 11:09 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think he will.

Reckon it’ll be Fred for Matic and Pogba for James from today’s line up.
given the way matic has played in pre-season, it would be madness not to start him. anyone for james would be a good move, though. even pogba.

Unread 08-08-2021, 11:51 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
given the way matic has played in pre-season, it would be madness not to start him. anyone for james would be a good move, though. even pogba.
He might get the nod with the minutes he’s had, but we know Ole prefers McFred in general. And I think with the way Leeds charge around like Spiceheads, their energy will be preferred.

I wouldn’t have an issue with Matic starting as long as he has some legs around him. We looked good with him and Donny in there yesterday in terms of keeping the ball. Both more composed and better passes than McFred.

Unread 08-08-2021, 12:25 PM
Coracao

Quote:
He might get the nod with the minutes he’s had, but we know Ole prefers McFred in general. And I think with the way Leeds charge around like Spiceheads, their energy will be preferred.

I wouldn’t have an issue with Matic starting as long as he has some legs around him. We looked good with him and Donny in there yesterday in terms of keeping the ball. Both more composed and better passes than McFred.
Have you ever seen someone on Spice

Unread 08-08-2021, 01:18 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Fred’s defo an uppers kind of guy. Loves some cheeky amphetamines.
De Gea is bang into ket.

Unread 08-08-2021, 01:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
No tbf

I would like to substitute it for

‘ENERGETIC FOOTBALL TEAM’

Many thanks 👍

Unread 08-08-2021, 05:03 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
No tbf

I would like to substitute it for

‘ENERGETIC FOOTBALL TEAM’

Many thanks 👍
Never been to Piccadilly gardens?

Maradonney will start and become a mainstay, this is his breakthrough year. They'ii try to run us off the park, but if we are clever and clinical we'll do them

Unread 08-08-2021, 08:20 PM
jem

Quote:
I wouldn’t have an issue with Matic starting as long as he has some legs around him.
well, yeah.

Unread 11-08-2021, 07:59 AM
united8

Suspect Sancho and Varane may start on the bench.

Unread 11-08-2021, 08:03 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by united8
Suspect Sancho and Varane may start on the bench.
Reckon Varane will. Sancho will start.

Unread 11-08-2021, 09:02 AM
dunk

Would be a massive kick in the %@#$&!s for Lindelof if Varane rocks up, trains for 20 minutes and immediately takes his place in the team.

Unread 11-08-2021, 09:12 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Would be a massive kick in the %@#$&!s for Lindelof if Varane rocks up, trains for 20 minutes and immediately takes his place in the team.
He had Lindelof's place the second the medical was completed.

But don't think either will start on Saturday. Sancho to come on with 15 minutes left and Varane to start against Southampton a week on Sunday.

Unread 11-08-2021, 09:14 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
He had Lindelof's place the second the medical was completed.

But don't think either will start on Saturday. Sancho to come on with 15 minutes left and Varane to start against Southampton a week on Sunday.
Yes, but putting him straight in without a friendly, a training session or anything is basically saying to Lindelof that we can’t wait to get shut of him, which while it may be true, is not something you want to do to a player we’ll need throughout the season.

Expect him to start

Unread 11-08-2021, 09:20 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Yes, but putting him straight in without a friendly, a training session or anything is basically saying to Lindelof that we can’t wait to get shut of him, which while it may be true, is not something you want to do to a player we’ll need throughout the season.

Expect him to start
And play the full 90 minutes.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:36 AM
Dr Stranger

Paper chatter that Sancho will start with Bruno and Mason, behind Martial.

I’d be very surprised if Varane starts. Bench.

Unread 11-08-2021, 11:45 AM
Coracao

Who else is there to be on the bench?

Is Mad Eric back?

Please not The Farmer.

Unread 11-08-2021, 12:44 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Who else is there to be on the bench?

Is Mad Eric back?

Please not The Farmer.
Telles is injured and Cavani won’t be back in time, but we’re all set other than that, aren’t we?

Unread 11-08-2021, 12:46 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Telles is injured and Cavani won’t be back in time, but we’re all set other than that, aren’t we?
Mean more centre halves pal.

Not sure what Bailly is up to.

Unread 11-08-2021, 12:48 PM
ZiggyStardust

The defence picks itself so the same back 4 plus goalie that played against Everton

I'd go with Pogba, Martial and Greenwood for the front 3 positions (please god Ole no Dan James )

Bruno picks himself in midfield and then it gets tricky
I'd probably go with Fred and DvB as although Matic has had a good pre-season Leeds will be too intense and energic for him

Just need to get a win anyway we can in this game
Closed Thread