United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:17 PM
armchair

Default Re: who has brought the best out of Owen and Rooney

Why don't we just get Nicky Barmby and be done with it.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:24 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
and you could also say that Croatia embarassed England at Wembley but a year later Heskey is in the team and England beat Croatia 4-1 in Croatia. At that stage everyone acknowledged what Heskey brought to the team.
Exactly, a Theo Walcott hat-trick.

Quote:
Not at all - everyone is seeing the 2 words - Emile Heskey - and laughing. Fair enough.

No one is acually contradicting me in the point I am trying to make.
Re-read the thread - most people are. Getting England out of piss poor qualifying groups is easier than winning the Premier League and Champions League.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:28 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Theres bargain basement and £#%&!ing jumble sales - have pennys got anyone on their books we should be looking at. Where is that guy who used to be on the forecourt with that sign? because the TEIN.
No mate - there's bargain basement, jumble sales - and the possibility of buying on the cheap England's current centre forward who has already established an excellent relationship with our best player and in the past developed an excellent relationship with our back up striker.

Certainly established a better front 2 pairing than Berbie - Rooney/Owen. I have hoped and waited for Berb to click. Yesterday sadly I realised it wasn't going to happen. January window is not a good time to buy - but a proven short term fix for this season is there.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:29 PM
silv

Quote:
No mate - there's bargain basement, jumble sales - and the possibility of buying on the cheap England's current centre forward who has already established an excellent relationship with our best player and in the past developed an excellent relationship with our back up striker.

Certainly established a better front 2 pairing than Berbie - Rooney/Owen. I have hoped and waited for Berb to click. Yesterday sadly I realised it wasn't going to happen. January window is not a good time to buy - but a proven short term fix for this season is there.
a load of old %@#$&!s

heskey is a £#%&!ing donkey. who next? nugent? ashton?

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:30 PM
marlo

this is it. this is really it.

emile heskey. i dont even care that he is black.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
a load of old %@#$&!s

Hes retired.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:31 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
First it's Rooney as a midfield playmaker and now it's Emile Heskey up top.

I hadn't realised losing a 3rd round tie for the first time in 25 years could have such serious implications.

I thought I'd had a £#%&!ing holocaust last night when I was saying we didn't have enough players to kick them around the pitch like the good old days!...Eric, Keano, Hughes & Brucie wouldn't have stood for that!
I was just very, very angry.

...but we have gone a bit knee jerk on here today.
All the players have been sold apart from Pat Evra & Fletcher, every tom, dick & youtube wonderkid would solve all our problems ...& now Emile Heskey would shake us out of this current slump

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:32 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
So United's forward line would be Heskey and Owen when Rooney was injured?

Loosen your sash there weeman ffs
ill get the bed sheet and meet you there.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:33 PM
n48

Please log off weeman.

Heskey. Say it out loud Weeman. Just imagine Rooney wasn't playing and we had to rely on him for our goals. Take a damn good look at yourself fella. Heskey ffs!

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:33 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
ill get the bed sheet and meet you there.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:35 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
a load of old %@#$&!s

Nugent and/or Ashton have never to my knowledge played in the same team as Rooney (perhaps the odd few minutes years ago) and are not recognised as bringing the best out of Rooney.

Heskey has and is recognised as having done that. He's not a good player - but he is able to bring the best out of the forwards he plays alongside. That is what we need at the moment.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:37 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy
Hes retired.
i know, didnt think it mattered

weeman, rooneys on 14 league goals already.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:37 PM
marlo

so we will be back with the infamous '4 strikers'

picture it.

rooney out with hamstring injury.
so we have 'hesks' and 'mo7' uptop with berbatov just behind them in the 'hole'

a midfield three of carrick and fletcher with park providing the 'industry'

wow...just....wow.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:38 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Nugent and/or Ashton have never to my knowledge played in the same team as Rooney (perhaps the odd few minutes years ago) and are not recognised as bringing the best out of Rooney.

Heskey has and is recognised as having done that. He's not a good player - but he is able to bring the best out of the forwards he plays alongside. That is what we need at the moment.
Stick Vidic up front then - he's a big lad will provide ample distraction and as an added bonus, he is a very good player.

Log. Off.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:39 PM
Sloppy

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:39 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

Given the PTSD that many of us older types are suffering today I'm letting you off with this one - but don't do it again. Owen and heskey.....TEIN.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:42 PM
wee man

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
Please log off weeman.

Heskey. Say it out loud Weeman. Just imagine Rooney wasn't playing and we had to rely on him for our goals. Take a damn good look at yourself fella. Heskey ffs!
Capello seems to be ok with it. And if Rooney isn't playing who the £#%&! are we going to rely on for goals ? There's no one there at the moment who I would confidently say we could rely on.

Tbh I can't believe I am suggesting it - having thought through the options available ie current forward line combinations not good enough and not buying big in January I think he may be worth a shout because he's proven with Rooney and Owen.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:43 PM
The Watcher

Exclamation Re: who has brought the best out of Owen and Rooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
so we will be back with the infamous '4 strikers'

picture it.

rooney out with hamstring injury.
so we have 'hesks' and 'mo7' uptop with berbatov just behind them in the 'hole'

a midfield three of carrick and fletcher with park providing the 'industry'

wow...just....wow.
It's like being on RI in 2006 ffs. What next, Reo Coker to strengthen our midfield? Or maybe Graveson!

:shakehead:

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:43 PM
n48

Can you please provide a detailed breakdown of the games in which Rooney has scored/played well whilst Emile was in the side? It'd be interesting to see the calibre of sides involved and the effective dead rubbers/friendlies included and also the number of games in knock out competitions. Heskey's Champions League records would also intrigue me.

Unread 04-01-2010, 11:47 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
It's like being on RI in 2006 ffs. What next, Reo Coker to strengthen our midfield? Or maybe Graveson!

:shakehead:
£#%&!ing 2006 was brilliant. some of the names.

i remember lads begging for us to sign gravesen at one point.

who remembers that milan midfielder who refused to even join us on loan.
a proper 'this is it' moment.
Closed Thread