United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:23 PM
keane Roy

Default Gill Dismayed By Protest

Manchester United chief executive David Gill has expressed disappointment after his house was vandalised by protesting fans.

Supporters thought to be angry at Gill's relationship with the club's owners, the Glazer family, painted slogans including 'Judas Gill' on his walls last week.

Gill was initially opposed to the takeover over by the Glazers but has since proved a sturdy operator for the American family.

"It's the first time I've been affected in this particular way," said Gill, quoted in The Guardian. "I wouldn't say I was shaken, but you do think about your family, and it isn't nice.

"I've been clear all along that there will always be people who are opposed to the takeover of the club.

"They will never change, they have been consistent in their views and concerns and will continue to express them, but it's a question of how they express them. There is way of doing things in the right manner without resorting to criminality."

The matter is now being investigated by police.

Another similar incident occurred earlier this week when the Manchester offices of the club's main sponsor AIG were targeted.

Anger this time is thought to stem from the presence of AIG's logo on a banner of the Busby Babes erected at Old Trafford to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...d&PREV_SEASON=

@#%&!.

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:26 PM
Spiffy

I've been dismayed by Gill's acceptance of the Glazer's damaging business plan. He can £#%&! off. I hope his family live in fear.

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:29 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiffy
I hope his family live in fear.

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:30 PM
Enjoying Insanity

Quote:
Originally Posted by keane Roy
Manchester United chief executive David Gill has expressed disappointment after his house was vandalised by protesting fans.

Supporters thought to be angry at Gill's relationship with the club's owners, the Glazer family, painted slogans including 'Judas Gill' on his walls last week.

Gill was initially opposed to the takeover over by the Glazers but has since proved a sturdy operator for the American family.

"It's the first time I've been affected in this particular way," said Gill, quoted in The Guardian. "I wouldn't say I was shaken, but you do think about your family, and it isn't nice.

"I've been clear all along that there will always be people who are opposed to the takeover of the club.

"They will never change, they have been consistent in their views and concerns and will continue to express them, but it's a question of how they express them. There is way of doing things in the right manner without resorting to criminality."

The matter is now being investigated by police.

Another similar incident occurred earlier this week when the Manchester offices of the club's main sponsor AIG were targeted.

Anger this time is thought to stem from the presence of AIG's logo on a banner of the Busby Babes erected at Old Trafford to commemorate the 50th anniversary of the Munich air disaster.

http://www.sportinglife.com/football...d&PREV_SEASON=

@#%&!.
Here's an idea you £#%&!ing Quisling. Open up a channel of communication with the fans and put the Glazer's business model out for public discussion.

If you don't fancy that then watch your £#%&!ing back, you utter @#%&!.

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:30 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity

Hope his £#%&!ing house burns down with him in it.

A bit of perspective required for some I think.

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:32 PM
believe

Quote:
errm yes it was you wasn't it??!! you £#%&!ing tedious money grabbing piece of shit

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:34 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger

Yeah a bit of perspective. No one wants to kill him, just £#%&! his mind up a bit. He's sold the fans out and we shouldn't forget that. We all need to acknowledge the figures at the club who will do anything for United (Ole, Eric) and the people who use the club for their own personal benefit (Fergie, Gill, Glazer).

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:37 PM
walker1978

Quote:

you're gonna end up rolling your eyes out of your head

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:41 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:

I hope he gets on of those really nasty ingrowing toenails that needs a minor operation and then after that happens his wife treads on his foot when she is foing the hoovering!

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:42 PM
Bishovetz

Gill's wall daubings will have now been removed at a relative cost in pennies, to him.

It's us £#%&!ers who'll get vandalised by another 12% hike in ticket prices, and A/C cup scheme being taken out on 2008-9 renewal.

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:44 PM
</forzagarza>

I hope he gets killed as I do anyone who is pro-Glazer or even neutral.

I'd love to kill a few myself but quite frankly I haven't got the balls. If I was diagnosed terminally ill I would though.

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:44 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Quote:
Yeah a bit of perspective. No one wants to kill him, just £#%&! his mind up a bit. He's sold the fans out and we shouldn't forget that. We all need to acknowledge the figures at the club who will do anything for United (Ole, Eric) and the people who use the club for their own personal benefit (Fergie, Gill, Glazer).
Far be it from me to berate the legend that is OGS - but he piped up against the Glazers when the takeover was first mooted, was told to shut it and did exactly that.

Full pay for two years on the sick, a coaching job and a testimonial in the pipeline - it's hardly a hunger strike protest is it?

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:47 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
Far be it from me to berate the legend that is OGS - but he piped up against the Glazers when the takeover was first mooted, was told to shut it and did exactly that.

Full pay for two years on the sick, a coaching job and a testimonial in the pipeline - it's hardly a hunger strike protest is it?
Agree completely with that. However, Gary Shop Steward Neville didn't even do that, neither did Roy Fans Favourite Keane. At least Ole told us his thoughts, as far as we know the first team were in favour of the takeover.

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:52 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

100% agree.

The fact is we don't have any role models where this debate is concerned.

Furthermore, 'Busby turning in his grave' keeps getting mentioned whenever United's business savvy gets a good going over. But Busby was a manager who oversaw United becoming the most commercial and 'businesslike' club around at that time.

A far cry from today but from small seeds and all that.

Unread 23-01-2008, 02:55 PM
Skag Trendy

Out of order.

NFT

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:01 PM
dodger

Quote:
Agree completely with that. However, Gary Shop Steward Neville didn't even do that, neither did Roy Fans Favourite Keane. At least Ole told us his thoughts, as far as we know the first team were in favour of the takeover.
And what have you done?

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:02 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
100% agree.

The fact is we don't have any role models where this debate is concerned.

Furthermore, 'Busby turning in his grave' keeps getting mentioned whenever United's business savvy gets a good going over. But Busby was a manager who oversaw United becoming the most commercial and 'businesslike' club around at that time.

A far cry from today but from small seeds and all that.
Sir Matt was the one who suggested the club install corporate boxes, after seeing them at stadiums in the US during a tour there by United in the 50's.

In fact, I'm pretty certain OT was the first ground in the Football League to install boxes.

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:03 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Out of order.

NFT
I've used the same point to crtitise FC fans who chose to quote the 'Busby turns in his grave' phrase when they are bestowing the virtues of vegan football.

Hope this will soften the point for you.

United have always been a very commercial animal - the richest, breaking wage records, massive transfer fees, started mechandising etc. United being the football equivalent of Tesco is no new thing.

It's just been ramped up out of all proportion.

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:05 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skag Trendy
Out of order.

NFT
What is you little FIFA addict?

Unread 23-01-2008, 03:05 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Busby ensured that is son Sandy got control of the 1960s/70s equivalent of the Mega@#%&! aka the "Souvenir Shop".

As in "I'll meet you at two outside the souvenir shop".
Closed Thread