Originally Posted by AK14

Seriously...

what were we (United board) thinking?

David £#%&!ing Moyes...
Fergal was on a WUM. No other explanation

Unread 18-07-2017, 10:07 PM
Sparky***

Set us back a decade.

An Incredible act of self-sabotage that will be looked back on in years to come as a textbook example of how to destroy a championship winning team with one bad appointment.

It still blows my mind that in a summer where Mourinho, Guardiola and Ancelotti changed jobs we ended up hand-picking that absolute charisma vacuum.

Unread 18-07-2017, 10:18 PM
red in cumbria

But he was "cut from the same cloth" you know.

Unread 18-07-2017, 11:32 PM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Calm was probably needed at that time, tbf. I remember quite a few people trying desperately to be positive for about a week, but after that it was mayhem on here. The lack of transfer activity and a dreadful pre-season getting beat by Malaysians didn't help. Great days.

it's a miracle we got out of there alive.

Unread 19-07-2017, 02:06 AM
ScarFace

Never forget.

Unread 19-07-2017, 06:14 AM
Mr_Ed

Never forget

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-Ferguson.html

Unread 19-07-2017, 07:29 AM
puressence

yep but you all love fergie ... not only this but his general mismanagement of the club from 2008 onwards was a joke ..

Unread 19-07-2017, 01:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
yep but you all love fergie ... not only this but his general mismanagement of the club from 2008 onwards was a joke ..
Yeah, all those titles.. @#%&!.

Unread 19-07-2017, 01:32 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Set us back a decade.

An Incredible act of self-sabotage that will be looked back on in years to come as a textbook example of how to destroy a championship winning team with one bad appointment.

It still blows my mind that in a summer where Mourinho, Guardiola and Ancelotti changed jobs we ended up hand-picking that absolute charisma vacuum.
TBF I think Foggo's intention was to let the infrastructure stay intact, just have Moyes at the head. David Moyes £#%&!ed up his own crinkled faced shit.

But new dawn new day.

I'm putting my cash on a BOOM season

Unread 19-07-2017, 01:38 PM
puressence

All those titles short term success no long term planning

Unread 19-07-2017, 01:40 PM
utd99

Quote:
Just accept you made the worst call in the history of football and move on. Even the geordie @#%&! who had the tattoo of Andy Cole down his whole leg the day before he moved to us has probably had a skin graft by now..

Unread 19-07-2017, 01:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Yes, the first thing that springs to mind when I think of Fergie is 'short term'.

Unread 19-07-2017, 02:01 PM
Fish

I thought the fergie hate was a wind up tbh, short term manager

Unread 19-07-2017, 02:20 PM
LFOD

Quote:
you're an uber @#%&!. still singing songs for DFM? Where's the banner?

Unread 19-07-2017, 02:36 PM
puressence

Love how wrong you all go back read what I said then comeback .. ferguson no fault in the decline of Man Utd since 2008. At last though we have a top manager in the dugout who's fingers on the pulse and knows what needs doing .. ferguson last few years were a joke should have been asked to leave after 2011 so far off the boil at top level European football it was scary

Unread 19-07-2017, 03:29 PM
20 times

Quote:
Imagine people loving a manager who won us loads of trophies. Don't really get it myself

Unread 19-07-2017, 03:42 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yes, the first thing that springs to mind when I think of Fergie is 'short term'.

Unread 19-07-2017, 04:19 PM
puressence

Yep imagine that .. totally disregard the club in the last few years nothing in academy the one good one we bought back buying mediocre player after mediocre player no long term plan and then handing he reins to a championship level manager. Don't £#%&!ing moan about Moyes when the blame firmly lies at Fergusons feet you morons

Unread 19-07-2017, 04:29 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
TBF I think Foggo's intention was to let the infrastructure stay intact, just have Moyes at the head
It may be slight mitigation that SAF expected most of his staff to be kept on to provide some continuity.

Unread 19-07-2017, 04:32 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Set us back a decade.

Surely a bit much to say a guy who was in charge nine months and only bought two players set us back a decade

The Rooney contract didn't help, but the club has to take much more responsibility beyond agreeing the Moysie recommendation.
Closed Thread