Closed Thread

Unread 19-02-2019, 12:13 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Very kind of you..

Unread 19-02-2019, 12:39 AM
Jack Duckworth

what more does the guy have to do? he is everything a united manager should be.

the thing we need to worry about now is other clubs realising this before we do.

Unread 19-02-2019, 03:50 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
what more does the guy have to do? he is everything a united manager should be.

the thing we need to worry about now is other clubs realising this before we do.
Exactly. If Poch or some continental tactics guru had come in and had this kind of run of results, we'd all be sat with our pants down.

No question now.

Unread 19-02-2019, 07:01 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Solskjaer’s an absolute icon at this club, but what’s worried me is the support turning on him if it goes horribly wrong; same with Giggs. That would be dreadful to witness; but he’s an intelligent bloke and if he wants to take that chance -and clearly he does-, we should give it to him. Every legendary manager began with someone taking a chance on them, right?
the fans wont turn on him being who he is he would probably walk before hand .. as for this it has to happen as pointed out its not just him its the backroom they are vital all of em . it truly is remarkable the turn around get those players signed up add a couple of youth players and its brilliant to look ahead

Unread 19-02-2019, 07:12 AM
ziggyman17

Unread 19-02-2019, 07:32 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
Bloody hell.
Just think about that stat, all that has gone before at the club, and the mess Ole inherited.

Unread 19-02-2019, 08:24 AM
Mr_Ed

First time since 1984 we’ve won away at Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal in the same season.

I was worried that tactically we’d be rumbled but can’t fault his performance since we came in. We’d be nowhere near if Jose had stayed.

Let’s come out of the PSG, Vermin and Arse games and see where we are but thinking he’s worth a punt.

Unread 19-02-2019, 08:24 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Imagine smashing Liverpool on sunday, derailing their title bid, us finishing third behind Spurs and City after Klopps mob having a meltdown and giving it to someone else?

£#%&! that
And stop City winning the treble

Unread 19-02-2019, 08:32 AM
puressence

Still think the psg game if we get first goal isnt over

Unread 19-02-2019, 08:32 AM
sweetleftfoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
First time since 1984 we’ve won away at Spurs, Chelsea and Arsenal in the same season.

I was worried that tactically we’d be rumbled but can’t fault his performance since we came in. We’d be nowhere near if Jose had stayed.

Let’s come out of the PSG, Vermin and Arse games and see where we are but thinking he’s worth a punt.
Everyone said that about the Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea away games.

PSG showed the limitations of the squad, as we had no like for like replacements following losing 2 players. Last night showed the quality of the tactics as we swatted Chelsea without those players.

As SOP said on the telly last night, there is more going on here than putting a smile on everyones face and playing the United way. Our setting up was spot on.

Give them the job, and do it now to give them time to sort out the scouting network and prepare for next season properly.

Unread 19-02-2019, 08:38 AM
My Name is Heath

Biggest no brainer going.

He is giving us a style again.

If he can get a tune out of Lukaku/Sanchez - incredible. If not - we need another attacking option.

A proper RB and a top midfielder to take pressure off the current 3 and we are 3 signings away from a challenge.

Unread 19-02-2019, 08:41 AM
Jethro

Yeah it's all well and good losing one and drawing one game in thirteen, beating Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs along the way, galvanising the squad, making has-beens look like proper players, unleashing Pogba, making everyone smile, being more than tactically sound, getting contracts signed and generally being a breath of fresh air.

But we lost against PSG so should still hold off making a choice.

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:09 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetleftfoot
Everyone said that about the Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea away games.

PSG showed the limitations of the squad, as we had no like for like replacements following losing 2 players. Last night showed the quality of the tactics as we swatted Chelsea without those players.

As SOP said on the telly last night, there is more going on here than putting a smile on everyones face and playing the United way. Our setting up was spot on.

Give them the job, and do it now to give them time to sort out the scouting network and prepare for next season properly.
It's gone way beyond just 'putting a smile on the players face'.

He's not some senior squad playing filling in for a month. He's a coach of ten years who has now engineered 11 wins from 13 (title form) and away wins at Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea - all with clear strategy that we've improved as we've gone along.

He seemed quite stern in the interview last night. Like he's tired of all the 'hell of an audition this' comments.

He'll have been stung after PSG. We all were. We were poor and the honeymoon was over. We all said how this would tell us a lot about his influence in the dressing room and if this lot would sink or swim.

I've seen enough. It's not just the wins, it's how we set up, the attitude of the team, the positivity. He openly admits he bases himself on Fergie and it shows. He's more aware of the culture of the club than any manager we could hire and if he ticks all the boxes of what we want.

I see no harm in giving him a chance. He has earned the right.

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:17 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
It's gone way beyond just 'putting a smile on the players face'.

He's not some senior squad playing filling in for a month. He's a coach of ten years who has now engineered 11 wins from 13 (title form) and away wins at Spurs, Arsenal and Chelsea - all with clear strategy that we've improved as we've gone along.

He seemed quite stern in the interview last night. Like he's tired of all the 'hell of an audition this' comments.

He'll have been stung after PSG. We all were. We were poor and the honeymoon was over. We all said how this would tell us a lot about his influence in the dressing room and if this lot would sink or swim.

I've seen enough. It's not just the wins, it's how we set up, the attitude of the team, the positivity. He openly admits he bases himself on Fergie and it shows. He's more aware of the culture of the club than any manager we could hire and if he ticks all the boxes of what we want.

I see no harm in giving him a chance. He has earned the right.
This.... but let's not forget Phelan, Carrick, the Phil Neville look alike etc. The whole coaching staff has had an influence here.

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:28 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Still think the psg game if we get first goal isnt over
I’d agree with you if it wasn’t for no pogz no party.

Too important a player to have missing.

You never know I suppose.

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:29 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
This.... but let's not forget Phelan, Carrick, the Phil Neville look alike etc. The whole coaching staff has had an influence here.
Definitely.

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:30 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Yeah it's all well and good losing one and drawing one game in thirteen, beating Arsenal, Chelsea and Spurs along the way, galvanising the squad, making has-beens look like proper players, unleashing Pogba, making everyone smile, being more than tactically sound, getting contracts signed and generally being a breath of fresh air.

But we lost against PSG so should still hold off making a choice.
Agreed. What if we lose to PSG in the away leg? All that good work over the last 13 weeks will be completely undone in an instant - then where are we apart from 4th and in the 1/4’s of the fa cup?

People jumping the gun here aots

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:31 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I’d agree with you if it wasn’t for no pogz no party.

Too important a player to have missing.

You never know I suppose.
We're much better away IMO.

Clear strategy and showcases our best players talents the best..... just a shame there's no Pogba. We've left ourselves too much to do. Fully fit squad and a one goal margin and I'd say we have a chance, but 0-2 feels too much.

I'm not too arsed tbh. If we make top four, beat those @#%&!s on Sunday and keep playing positive stuff then I'll be thrilled given where we were under Jose.

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:44 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We're much better away IMO.

Clear strategy and showcases our best players talents the best..... just a shame there's no Pogba. We've left ourselves too much to do. Fully fit squad and a one goal margin and I'd say we have a chance, but 0-2 feels too much.

I'm not too arsed tbh. If we make top four, beat those @#%&!s on Sunday and keep playing positive stuff then I'll be thrilled given where we were under Jose.
I’m thrilled already pal whatever we do against Liverpool. We’re a million miles away from pretty much anything we’ve seen since Fergie left.

There’s still questions but there always will be. The latest one about how we respond after a defeat was just smashed to £#%&!.

Player Recruitment is my main issue if he stays and we could do with a top draw proven DOF.

Unread 19-02-2019, 09:45 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
I’m thrilled already pal whatever we do against Liverpool. We’re a million miles away from pretty much anything we’ve seen since Fergie left.

There’s still questions but there always will be. The latest one about how we respond after a defeat was just smashed to £#%&!.

Player Recruitment is my main issue if he stays and we could do with a top draw proven DOF.
If he stays we may be looking at another 20 odd years of glory.
Closed Thread