United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-02-2019, 11:39 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers

Appreciate I’m a lone voice in the wilderness on this but I’d have us lose 13-0 to the scousers if it stops City winning the league. Are we even rivals with LFC? We’ve had one actual title race with them in the last half-century. The rest is just mutual jealousy.
What. The. £#%&!.

Unread 14-02-2019, 11:40 PM
General Woundwort

Quote:
I’d have us lose 13-0 to the scousers if it stops City winning the league
Then you're a @#%&!

Unread 14-02-2019, 11:41 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's

email Ed with that one
Maybe get Poch in now to get the 1-3 in Paris.

Quote:

Appreciate I’m a lone voice in the wilderness on this but I’d have us lose 13-0 to the scousers if it stops City winning the league. Are we even rivals with LFC? We’ve had one actual title race with them in the last half-century. The rest is just mutual jealousy.
Check User CP plz.

Unread 14-02-2019, 11:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Appreciate I’m a lone voice in the wilderness on this but I’d have us lose 13-0 to the scousers if it stops City winning the league.
Not sure you do fully appreciate it tbh pal.

Beating Liverpool does help us with top four btw. Bit mad to prioritise City not winning back-to-back titles over our own interests

Unread 14-02-2019, 11:46 PM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
turn it in ffs
I can’t help it and can’t leave it alone. The second City get knocked out of Europe i’ll chill out but until then I’mma stress.

Unread 15-02-2019, 12:01 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
I can’t help it and can’t leave it alone. The second City get knocked out of Europe i’ll chill out but until then I’mma stress.
I actually fancy them to lose to Schalke

Unread 15-02-2019, 12:06 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Then you're a @#%&!
But you’re not from Manchester are you? And you don’t live here. It may surprise you but Manchester United are a Manchester club. I know, it’s mad isn’t it. And a lot of us live with or know or have family who are chufty badge wearing berts.

I’m not in knockers camp by any means but I’m not that far away from it. I only say I’m supporting the berts against the scouse to antagonise the berts. City winning the league is shit, Liverpool winning it is for me, a bit more shit than city winning it. It’s marginal. City winning the treble is a truly horrific thought.

Unread 15-02-2019, 12:42 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
It may surprise you but Manchester United are a Manchester club.
Thanks Keith.

As it happens, I know way more blues than dippers. Not up for the dippers beating us 13-0 at OT on their way to a title we''d never hear the end of though. That may surprise you. You patronising tit.

Unread 15-02-2019, 12:51 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Thanks Keith.

As it happens, I know way more blues than dippers. Not up for the dippers beating us 13-0 at OT on their way to a title we''d never hear the end of though. That may surprise you. You patronising tit.
Yeah, well maybe stop calling mancunians @#%&!s for not wanting city to win the league, up there in that hotbed of manc/liverpool rivalry in aber-£#%&!ing-deen or wherever you are.

Unread 15-02-2019, 12:57 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Yeah, well maybe stop calling mancunians @#%&!s for not wanting city to win the league, up there in that hotbed of manc/liverpool rivalry in aber-£#%&!ing-deen or wherever you are.
Think you may have missed the point despite having it spelled out to you. Swagger yourself off to bed and try again tomorrow.

Unread 15-02-2019, 08:28 AM
barca99

He spoke alot after the psg game about players not used to being at this level etc. Correct me if im wrong but it was by far and away his biggest game also so he has some learning to do.

Not sure if i do or dont want him to get it but put it this way, if he doesnt get it will one of the big guns come in for him or will he go back to Molde?

Unread 15-02-2019, 08:34 AM
Clownbones

According to the papers, he 'turned on the hairdryer' in the dressing room after PSG.

Unread 15-02-2019, 08:52 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
According to the papers, he 'turned on the hairdryer' in the dressing room after PSG.

They’ll down tools again then.

Unread 15-02-2019, 08:58 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They’ll down tools again then.
We'll see come Monday night.

This spell of games was always going to spoil the run of wins, and most teams would find them difficult, so it was always hard to judge how good he is... but we'll learn about his ability to get his message across to his players and whether or not they buy in to it.

How we go about the game and the players confidence will tell us more than the result.... because we always £#%&!ing lose there.

Unread 15-02-2019, 09:00 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
He spoke alot after the psg game about players not used to being at this level etc. Correct me if im wrong but it was by far and away his biggest game also so he has some learning to do.

Not sure if i do or dont want him to get it but put it this way, if he doesnt get it will one of the big guns come in for him or will he go back to Molde?
This is the only PL job he wants. If he doesn't get it I can see him going back to Molde

Unread 15-02-2019, 09:41 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
How do we know Poch won’t be out of his depth - we know Ole can handle the club and the pressure. Would Poch do as well as Ole with our squad- not convinced. We have maybe 3-4 players who would make their 1st team and aside from gloves probably not one defender.

Unread 15-02-2019, 09:44 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
How do we know Poch won’t be out of his depth - we know Ole can handle the club and the pressure. Would Poch do as well as Ole with our squad- not convinced. We have maybe 3-4 players who would make their 1st team and aside from gloves probably not one defender.
Wrong quote? I’m after the ott pro city oot’ners shit.

Unread 15-02-2019, 11:07 AM
dunk

I see Woodward refused to be drawn on the manager situation, said the situation is as stated at the time of announcing Ole and they wouldn't be commenting during the process, during the conference call..

Unread 15-02-2019, 11:10 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I see Woodward refused to be drawn on the manager situation, said the situation is as stated at the time of announcing Ole and they wouldn't be commenting during the process, during the conference call..
"We are looking forward to a strong finish to the season..."

Sounds like he still wants Poch imo...

Unread 15-02-2019, 11:31 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We'll see come Monday night.

This spell of games was always going to spoil the run of wins, and most teams would find them difficult, so it was always hard to judge how good he is... but we'll learn about his ability to get his message across to his players and whether or not they buy in to it.

How we go about the game and the players confidence will tell us more than the result.... because we always £#%&!ing lose there.
Massive game Monday on the back of a poor result. Add to that our injuries, our record there and the fact its our last chance of silverware I will be astonished if we win.
Closed Thread