United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 23-06-2023, 03:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Who is this bloke Striker we are signing?

Unread 23-06-2023, 03:23 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
You just need to look at the excuses and protection de Gea has enjoyed for the last 5 years compared to the savaging Tim Howard got to see where he’s coming from tbf.
De Gea got a proper savaging when he first joined. He has turned whiter since then though so you may be on to something.

Tim barely changed colour at all from what i remember.

Unread 23-06-2023, 03:24 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Happy with this move. Seemed the obvious one to turn to. Another big personality coming in.

Unread 23-06-2023, 03:25 PM
Bunker Buster

Can be a bit of a mentalist, but at this point I'd take that over de gea, sick of the sight of him and his many many mistakes...

Unread 23-06-2023, 03:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
T-Ho got a very raw deal, he was a solid keeper and twice the man that fraud Carroll was.
proved it in the long run too tbf.

Unread 23-06-2023, 03:27 PM
ErikvanHaaksbergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
De Gea got a proper savaging when he first joined. He has turned whiter since then though so you may be on to something.
Correct. Dave was figure of ridicule when he first came in. Remember the anxiety around him facing Delap at Brittania

Unread 23-06-2023, 03:29 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikvanHaaksbergen
Correct. Dave was figure of ridicule when he first came in. Remember the anxiety around him facing Delap at Brittania
And he still had the remnants of a Madrid tan back then. After a few years in the UK and having turned translucent, boom! No more criticism...

Disgusting.

Unread 23-06-2023, 03:30 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Someone needs to knock out a song to Fu-Gee-La
O-na-na-na
Another in a long-line of great African keeps
O-na-na-na
Overwhelmed with a midfield of The Scottish Player and Beeks
O-na na na na na na nanana na nah
Fold the club

Unread 23-06-2023, 03:33 PM
Dr Stranger

Unread 23-06-2023, 06:32 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
O-na-na-na
Another in a long-line of great African keeps
O-na-na-na
Overwhelmed with a midfield of The Scottish Player and Beeks
O-na na na na na na nanana na nah
Fold the club
Someone else.

Unread 23-06-2023, 06:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Just spent 8 minutes scouting this lad. Is a serious unit. Seems slightly mad but you need a bit of that.

I give this signing my blessing. Even with that name.

Unread 23-06-2023, 06:39 PM
armchair

We know we're in for a few calamities with him, but we'll be able to retain possession so much more.

Unread 23-06-2023, 06:52 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

I approve.

Should make a solid number 2 to The Man With The Golden Glove.

Unread 24-06-2023, 08:43 AM
Dr Stranger

Get this big mad bastard and Mount sorted next week. Both done for under £100m then all out for a striker once we sell some shite.

Oh, and sell the club. Cheers.

Unread 24-06-2023, 09:11 AM
Jethro

Played for Ajax. Don't think Marlo will be happy

Unread 24-06-2023, 02:52 PM
armchair

Unread 24-06-2023, 03:00 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
only two goals from this stupidity?

Unread 24-06-2023, 04:13 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
https://twitter.com/unitedstandmufc/...aSbh7vgQsN2lEQ

Get this big mad bastard and Mount sorted next week. Both done for under £100m then all out for a striker once we sell some shite.

Oh, and sell the club. Cheers.
So the positions of CM and CF are only targeted once we blow 90% of the budget on other players and hope we manage to recoup funds through sales. I do think we need a keeper. But I would be worried if the budget is blown on the keeper and mason mount

A team that’s historically has been piss poor in sales. I think Dan james is the only real profit we have made on any player post Ferguson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
So the positions of CM and CF are only targeted once we blow 90% of the budget on other players and hope we manage to recoup funds through sales. I do think we need a keeper. But I would be worried if the budget is blown on the keeper and mason mount

A team that’s historically (post fergie) has been piss poor in sales. I think Dan james is the only real profit we have made on any player post Ferguson

Unread 24-06-2023, 04:15 PM
jem

ha. you can say that again.

Unread 25-06-2023, 01:50 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Torn between just snapping him up as a decent replacement or playing the longer game and finding a genuine top class keeper - we could end up with neither if we don’t play it smart.

Half of my heart is with Onana, Onana.
That is also my biggest fear, as it would be typical of, United to go & pay, Everton a record fee for, Pickford, of whom is'nt much of an upgreade on, De Gea's foarm of the last 4 season's.