United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2021, 04:19 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
I actually don't understand 99% of that graphic but I'm sure it's good.

Unread 06-12-2021, 04:20 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Expected goals biggest load of horseshit implemented in football in the past 10 years
Isn’t it just. Nothing is expected. Balls bounce and shit happens.

Unread 06-12-2021, 04:30 PM
Pop

Fastest ball recoveries

Unread 06-12-2021, 04:33 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Interesting stats here, in so far as any stats are interesting, seems a logical choice to implement Rangnick's style.

https://twitter.com/smarterscout/sta...k7XejXt9g&s=19
Can you imagine showing that to a manager in the 1970’s.

Unread 06-12-2021, 05:17 PM
Patty_b

Unread 06-12-2021, 07:05 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
No mate. Can you?

Unread 06-12-2021, 07:21 PM
marlo

Default 50 years ago?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
or showing him a iPad in the dugout.?
or even showing them a mobile phone?

football has moved on and from an analytical point of view stats are important.

the same way tactics are important.
managers that just want players to enjoy themselves and show they have united in the blood (DNA etc)...we know what happens with them.

Unread 06-12-2021, 10:15 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Just when it looked like we were getting our shit together. A failed MLS coach

Here’s to hoping it’s bullshit
All you’re gonna get when it’s a 6 month job.

Unread 06-12-2021, 11:10 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
All you’re gonna get when it’s a 6 month job.
I was a bit harsh, I was expecting a German coach with a PhD in football turf length analytics or some shit. In ralf we trust, I’m sure he won’t be getting any old shite . Needs someone who knows his system to implement it. He might turn out to be decent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
or showing him a iPad in the dugout.?
or even showing them a mobile phone?

football has moved on and from an analytical point of view stats are important.

the same way tactics are important.
managers that just want players to enjoy themselves and show they have united in the blood (DNA etc)...we know what happens with them.

So the pogba making the 4th most mistakes in the premier league ? Is that down to other players and coaches too? Because you know , stats are important .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Isn’t it just. Nothing is expected. Balls bounce and shit happens.
If it were reliable there wouldn’t be a need to play football matches. It would predict the goals so well we would know the outcome.

That and live stats like this are pointless. Things change in an instant . For e.g based on an event that may or may not occur the expected goals can change from 1 to 2 or whatever.

Say it’s the 30th min , the expected goals are at 2 for us. In the next min potentially a player can get sent off which obv would affect our goal outcome and I believe in theory lower the expected goals. Now if anything can happen at any second that alters the expected goals it’s pretty much pointless because we don’t know what may happen.

The other one that makes me chuckle is the pass-to-assist

Unread 07-12-2021, 02:49 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
In ralf we trust, I’m sure he won’t be getting any old shite . Needs someone who knows his system to implement it. He might turn out to be decent.
This is true. But it will also be true they aren’t close to his first choice. If he was permanent manager, he’d be appointing different people.

Regardless of whether he becomes permanent manager or moves upstairs, the people he brings in should be replaced in the summer. Only reason to keep them is that his first choices are joining because he’s secretly telling them he intends to be permanent manager.

Unread 07-12-2021, 09:12 AM
Bion

Thanks 😌 Ray

Unread 07-12-2021, 09:19 AM
Medlock

Loving Ralf myself so far, but it's incredible how universal is the praise based on one quite bad home performance against an abject Crystal Palace.
Shows the power of PR I suppose.

Unread 07-12-2021, 10:20 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Loving Ralf myself so far, but it's incredible how universal is the praise based on one quite bad home performance against an abject Crystal Palace.
The knives will be out soon enough. Overly positive soon turns into unjustified spiteful hate.

Unread 07-12-2021, 11:19 AM
Denis Irwell

Fwiw, I’m sure Ralfie will elevate us into a credible force but we’ll always fall short, just when we’re getting excited because of the @#%&!s that have hijacked the club with the aid of the stupid @#%&! (thought he was leaving - will probably never leave the club) that gave Ole, Jones, Pogba, Martial, Lingard etc etc new contracts will do their usual best to £#%&! everything up again.

Unread 07-12-2021, 11:47 AM
AK14

Quote:
For all the praise Vieira has received they were dreadful.

I reckon these talking heads praising us are doing it out fear we might just get our shit together so they can fall back on “I saw what Ralf was trying to do from the start” line.

Unread 07-12-2021, 11:51 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
We were excellent for the first half hour (without quite creating that gilt edged chance) but it fizzled out after that
However we saw enough in that first half hour to be very encourage for the upcoming games as the players adapt to this new way of playing

Palace have beaten us the last 2 seasons at OT due to how susceptible we are to pacey athletic counter attacks but we basically completely stopped that at source on Sunday
Palace have also given the other top sides tough matches away from home so they are not an abject side

Unread 07-12-2021, 11:55 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
We were excellent for the first half hour (without quite creating that gilt edged chance) but it fizzled out after that
However we saw enough in that first half hour to be very encourage for the upcoming games as the players adapt to this new way of playing

Palace have beaten us the last 2 seasons at OT due to how susceptible we are to pacey athletic counter attacks but we basically completely stopped that at source on Sunday
Palace have also given the other top sides tough matches away from home so they are not an abject side
alos beating city at maine rd a couple of weeks ago

Unread 07-12-2021, 11:57 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
alos beating city at maine rd a couple of weeks ago
It’s now housing association properties but I get your drift

Unread 07-12-2021, 12:06 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
It’s now housing association properties but I get your drift
Blue moon way

Unread 07-12-2021, 12:22 PM
MagnificentSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bion
the cynic in me feels they're trying to build us up, only to knock us down when we inevitably get a bad result at some point.

we looked very different on sunday, in a good way, but like people have said, it was clear the new system hasn't yet been bedded in. natural given we've only had one training session under this man. i'm sure it'll come though.
Closed Thread