United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:42 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Could see a new Carrick imo. Strong coffees or similar and stood pitch side 90 minutes. Maybe offering out their bench multiple occasions
I want to see him forgo the club coat/sheepskin, and turn up in full Henry VIII regalia... horse optional

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:43 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
I want to see him forgo the club coat/sheepskin, and turn up in full Henry VIII regalia... horse optional

Carricks at the reins

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:44 AM
Pop

Would take a 5-0 loss right now.

Carrick must be sacked TONIGHT!

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:52 AM
atticusgrinch

Actually looking forward to this.

Carrick probably is clueless and will just continue Ole's brainless tactics and selections, but there's a glimmer of a chance he actually has a mind of his own and has a clue how to set up a team.

Maybe he's addressed his mind to how to get dangerous balls into Ronaldo during games? Maybe he'd prefer to control the ball in midfield rather than haring around trying to get it back like a £#%&!ing pinball machine?

A glimmer is better than no glimmer.

Unread 23-11-2021, 11:57 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Actually looking forward to this.

Carrick probably is clueless and will just continue Ole's brainless tactics and selections, but there's a glimmer of a chance he actually has a mind of his own and has a clue how to set up a team.

Maybe he's addressed his mind to how to get dangerous balls into Ronaldo during games? Maybe he'd prefer to control the ball in midfield rather than haring around trying to get it back like a £#%&!ing pinball machine?

A glimmer is better than no glimmer.
hope. kills.

Unread 23-11-2021, 12:11 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hope. kills.
I'm intrigued what he's going to do. He's been coaching this squad for 4 years. Been at the club 15. Carrick might be a knowledge sponge, imbibing all the best of SAF, LvG and Mourinho had to offer, turning him into some hybrid, total football, uber tactic master, inspirational super manager.

He could just be a gormless Geordie with nothing better to do though.

Unread 23-11-2021, 12:18 PM
Baron

Watching Sancho put in a few excellent crosses for Ronaldo might be fairly rudimentary but it's hard to stop when you can whip in a ball like he can & have the best at actually heading it in the world on the end of it. Watford seemed like something approaching a start for them in terms of linking up but it would help if Shaw & an.other could do it down the left as well. There's £#%&! all chance of seeing Carrick do anything other than more of the same.

So the usual shitfest in Spain it is, 1-0 loss at a guess. Turgid. Will possibly catch the second half at best & probably be thankful for it.

Unread 23-11-2021, 12:22 PM
est.1878

Quote:
I'm intrigued what he's going to do. He's been coaching this squad for 4 years. Been at the club 15. Carrick might be a knowledge sponge, imbibing all the best of SAF, LvG and Mourinho had to offer, turning him into some hybrid, total football, uber tactic master, inspirational super manager.

He could just be a gormless Geordie with nothing better to do though.
I just don't know which one to plump for..

Unread 23-11-2021, 01:50 PM
Dr Stranger

Playing Donny would be a start. I’m hopefully the change up will at least shift some cobwebs and we know what this lot are like when they get a bit of confidence and momentum.

He’s not gonna solve any long-standing problems, but it might just be boost enough to get the result we need.

Unread 23-11-2021, 01:56 PM
Zorg

4-0 United. Ronaldo 3, Donald Beak with the other.

Unread 23-11-2021, 02:00 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Playing Donny would be a start. I’m hopefully the change up will at least shift some cobwebs and we know what this lot are like when they get a bit of confidence and momentum.

He’s not gonna solve any long-standing problems, but it might just be boost enough to get the result we need.
Beek and Sancho have to start from here on. The only tactic Carrick needs to worry about is playing the best team.

We still don't know if the anti-Beek crusade was something personal from Ole or a coaching decision. Guess we'll find out.

Unread 23-11-2021, 02:46 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Beek and Sancho have to start from here on. The only tactic Carrick needs to worry about is playing the best team.

We still don't know if the anti-Beek crusade was something personal from Ole or a coaching decision. Guess we'll find out.
I’d be surprised if Sancho doesn’t start. With Greenwood out, he’s the main option down the right.

Beeky has earned the right to start.

Unread 23-11-2021, 02:56 PM
Mr_Ed

Would love a 4-4-2 or a formation that isn’t one Ole blindly stuck with that didn’t work.

4-2-1-2 maybe with Sancho behind the strikers and give Fernandes a rest or something. Just something different.

Unread 23-11-2021, 02:57 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
4-2-1-2 maybe with Sancho behind the strikers and give Fernandes a rest or something. Just something different.
Not sure the "something different" should be starting with 10 men on the pitch.

Unread 23-11-2021, 02:58 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Would love a 4-4-2 or a formation that isn’t one Ole blindly stuck with that didn’t work.

Starting with 10 players is a bit different - I give you that.

Unread 23-11-2021, 03:06 PM
AK14

Quote:

Ffs Ed

Unread 23-11-2021, 03:08 PM
Drexl

Ey up, loads of carol vordermans have logged on

That said:

Unread 23-11-2021, 03:12 PM
est.1878

You should always do things the other team won't expect...

Unread 23-11-2021, 03:15 PM
goonlooca

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
You should always do things the other team won't expect...
We did that at Vicarage Road.

Unread 23-11-2021, 03:15 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Starting with 10 players is a bit different - I give you that.
11? That’s EXACLTY what they’ll be expecting us to do!